Sponsored by:

Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014 | 11:42 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HB Driver
How did dirt get inside the car in the window channel seal? Did they leave the windows down in early March I have may more photos didn't want to take up pages. These are very low resolution. If anyone would like full res, let me know. I just really documented how dirty it was and looking for damage to the paint. You can clearly see where the protective covering was and where the dirt piled up.
These are the pictures of the car right after the white vinyl was taken off and before a wash was done? Did you request to be there when they took the vinyl off? Or this is just when you swung by the dealer?
Old 08-08-2014 | 12:27 AM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
These are the pictures of the car right after the white vinyl was taken off and before a wash was done? Did you request to be there when they took the vinyl off? Or this is just when you swung by the dealer?
Yes, I instructed no wash or cleaning what so ever until I saw the vehicle. I'll make sure they understand no detailing. I told them two bucket wash technique. I wanted all the engine compartment cleaned. Door jambs and around the hood dirt was piled up. I went over it with the head washer/detailer. There were no swirl marks in it. I brought a high powered flashlight with me to check. I told him if I find swirl marks they are responsible for removing them, and if not I'll bring my own guy in and they could pay. What do you think about the price for the X-Pel? Have you started shopping clear bras or are you not going to install? PermaPlate? I think I may pass even though I was impressed by the guarantee, but if they were loosing $$$ they wouldn't be selling it, or people are just lazy about making a claim.
Old 08-08-2014 | 01:22 AM
0Q991
Drifting

[QUOTE="HB Driver;11562158"] Yes, I instructed no wash or cleaning what so ever until I saw the vehicle. I'll make sure they understand no detailing. I told them two bucket wash technique. I wanted all the engine compartment cleaned. Door jambs and around the hood dirt was piled up. I went over it with the head washer/detailer. There were no swirl marks in it. I brought a high powered flashlight with me to check. I told him if I find swirl marks they are responsible for removing them, and if not I'll bring my own guy in and they could pay. What do you think about the price for the X-Pel? Have you started shopping clear bras or are you not going to install? PermaPlate? I think I may pass even though I was impressed by the guarantee, but if they were loosing $$$ they wouldn't be selling it, or people are just lazy about making a claim.[/QUOTE

I haven't got my quote on the PPF yet--but I've been told by a friend who got his at the same person I'll be getting mine from that it should run me about $1500 for a full front end (bumper, hood, fenders, lights, mirrors) with a custom install. Not familiar with PermaPlate.

What's the 2 bucket technique? I had assumed that they would use a pressure washer?
Old 08-08-2014 | 02:44 AM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Hand wash, one bucket for soap/water and a water bucket. So you rinse the sponge/micro fiber off to remove the dirt then re soap and apply. Keeps the dirt out of the applicator (I use a microfiber covered sponge) better so your not smearing dirt all around. I also use a bucket grid to keep the sponge off the bottom so it doesn't pick up the dirt at the bottom. Works great. I actually enjoy hand washing my car. I never take it to the carwash or let the dealer do it. The only reason I'm letting them do it now, is because I don't want to miss anything and have it be on me after I drive off the lot.

This is what I use in the bottom of my soap bucket.
Old 08-08-2014 | 06:31 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  112.3 KB
Went to see my baby and stumbled on this beauty. It's stunning...
Old 08-08-2014 | 06:34 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  112.9 KB
My baby right off the truck. Better pix soon
Old 08-08-2014 | 10:24 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fadi1
My baby right off the truck. Better pix soon
Congrats--we'll be waiting for those pics!
Old 08-08-2014 | 11:33 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HB Driver
Hand wash, one bucket for soap/water and a water bucket. So you rinse the sponge/micro fiber off to remove the dirt then re soap and apply. Keeps the dirt out of the applicator (I use a microfiber covered sponge) better so your not smearing dirt all around. I also use a bucket grid to keep the sponge off the bottom so it doesn't pick up the dirt at the bottom. Works great. I actually enjoy hand washing my car. I never take it to the carwash or let the dealer do it. The only reason I'm letting them do it now, is because I don't want to miss anything and have it be on me after I drive off the lot.

This is what I use in the bottom of my soap bucket.
Hey HB, congrats. She looks red HOT. I use the same grid from Autogeek. Works great.

BTW, did you have flat spots on your tires? PCNA should cover these things. I will ask for reimbursement for the 18 way memory seat upgrade that doesn't have memory. I only got it for the memory and have it in writing
Old 08-08-2014 | 11:37 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Hey HB, congrats. She looks red HOT. I use the same grid from Autogeek. Works great. BTW, did you have flat spots on your tires? PCNA should cover these things. I will ask for reimbursement for the 18 way memory seat upgrade that doesn't have memory. I only got it for the memory and have it in writing
I believe you might get the answer that you also weren't charged for the memory seats.
Old 08-08-2014 | 11:46 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I believe you might get the answer that you also weren't charged for the memory seats.
hmmm, We shall see. My invoice shows the seat comes with memory. It would be like you spec a car with PCCB and when the car comes there is no PCCB and PCNA says I didn't pay for PCCB. That wont work.
Old 08-08-2014 | 12:25 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,467 Likes on 766 Posts

Fadi1 - was your car at the port?? If so, looks pretty good. Gosh, now I want black. Every color I see this car in is what I want at that moment it time. I hope my white beauty arrives today or tomorrow.

Are those the standard colored rims?
Old 08-08-2014 | 12:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

HB Driver - what is Permaplate? Go with Xpel with Dealer but he is BSing you that $1495 is "at cost".

Also - your car looks better than I thought for being at the Port. I think you are in fine shape. Love the red
Old 08-08-2014 | 12:37 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Fadi1 - was your car at the port?? If so, looks pretty good. Gosh, now I want black. Every color I see this car in is what I want at that moment it time. I hope my white beauty arrives today or tomorrow.

Are those the standard colored rims?
Thanks
At the port of Houston. But I'm told the it was kept indoor
Old 08-08-2014 | 12:57 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadi1
Thanks
At the port of Houston. But I'm told the it was kept indoor
My dealer in Houston also told me that mine had been kept indoors. I saw it yesterday after the "light" wash, and everything looks good.
Old 08-08-2014 | 01:37 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I believe all our cars will look fine. My Dealer has been laughing at me every time I mention my concerns about the 5 months my car has been outside. So far every one seems to be doing fine. PCNA conveyed to me on several occasions they will do every thing that is necessary to make sure the car is in perfect shape. I believe they would also flip the bill for a few hundred dollar detail but our Dealers would probably take car of this. They are making money off us on the GT3 and the Loaners we had

Quick Reply: Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port