Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:58 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,271 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadi1
PCNA told me I will get a base 911 as a loaner. My dealer gave me a C4S cab.
Rubbing it in?

Another local GT3 owner showed up at a track day in a C2S loaner with a bunch of expensive options and mentioned that he got it without even specifically asking for a 911 and dealer is fine with him taking it to track days... Ironically, he got it from a dealer where I had a spot in line too - I just went with my current one to get the car sooner. Haha
Old 05-16-2014, 11:09 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Ok, I spoke with Ian. He was nice and very professional - told me after he got my voicemail, he could not leave for the weekend leaving me in such a distress :-). I appreciated that.

Anyway, to the point - he said my car was marked as returned via repurchase, and thus was put in a different queue. They will correct that, and I should get early July re-delivery like others who had their cars manufactured in November. Told me to expect a call with exact dates on Monday or Tuesday. I am very glad he called back before the weekend so that I do not have to keep worrying. He also mentioned that there were other customers whose cars were mis-categorized in a similar way, and their delivery dates are going to be corrected as well. I believe he meant IvanBurns.

Now I need to get a loaner because my daily is due for some service. Another battle to get some better loaner. My dealer does not give anything better than base Cayman, apparently.
OK, that's good to know. Happy for you.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Ok, I spoke with Ian. He was nice and very professional - told me after he got my voicemail, he could not leave for the weekend leaving me in such a distress :-). I appreciated that.

Anyway, to the point - he said my car was marked as returned via repurchase, and thus was put in a different queue. They will correct that, and I should get early July re-delivery like others who had their cars manufactured in November. Told me to expect a call with exact dates on Monday or Tuesday. I am very glad he called back before the weekend so that I do not have to keep worrying. He also mentioned that there were other customers whose cars were mis-categorized in a similar way, and their delivery dates are going to be corrected as well. I believe he meant IvanBurns.

Now I need to get a loaner because my daily is due for some service. Another battle to get some better loaner. My dealer does not give anything better than base Cayman, apparently.
Great, Max. I knew someone had to have screwed up somewhere....

Last edited by Mike in CA; 05-17-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: brain fart on Max's name....sorry
Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the deal with selling back the 14 and buying a 15? I understand you'll get the PCNA compensation, but how will this work for the dealership where you could actually come out ahead???
Old 05-17-2014, 03:16 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by green
My dealer gave me nothing.
Andrea said I could rent something for up to $100/day.
That's not cool. You should call back and non stop until they just credit YOU the $100 a day...

I have a loaded 50th anniversary car and you get sh*t. I guess you can rent a Kia crossover for hunsky..

Work it out and keep it on the DL

Calls, emails, calls, email. Word of the day is equitable! Good luck and I think you will get justice
Old 05-17-2014, 02:32 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told loaners are at the dealer's discretion and PCNA tells them that they can choose not to give one to you. If your dealer agrees to put a car into service, PCNA gives the dealer a lump sum (mine was $8,000.00 - amount may be universal). It must be a 911, though trim doesn't matter. I was given a base 911 Carrera cabriolet.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:21 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

^ I am told the Dealer gets: $8k up front, $100/day, $2,500 to CPO the loaner when it is returned...and, I believe the Dealers get a depreciation amount based upon the mileage of the loaner.
Plus, the Dealer gets another allocation of a like-model, because it is considered a sale.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
^ I am told the Dealer gets: $8k up front, $100/day, $2,500 to CPO the loaner when it is returned...and, I believe the Dealers get a depreciation amount based upon the mileage of the loaner. Plus, the Dealer gets another allocation of a like-model, because it is considered a sale.
...so, basically, the biggest winner out of all of this is in fact NOT the customer nor PAG, but our dealers. Lovely.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

Well, from my understanding, is that the person who took the Loaner must buy the GT3 for the Dealer to be kept more than whole. So, those of us with loaners are joined at the hip with our Dealers.

If it were not for the Loaner I would have opted out over a month ago. The Loaner, although not my Gt3, did by them time for me.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:10 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Well, from my understanding, is that the person who took the Loaner must buy the GT3 for the Dealer to be kept more than whole. So, those of us with loaners are joined at the hip with our Dealers.

If it were not for the Loaner I would have opted out over a month ago. The Loaner, although not my Gt3, did by them time for me.
Hmmm, this is a good find guys. By taking a loaner it gives your dealer more incentive to have you purchase the car for the B-team. I didn't ask for a loaner as I have no idea what the condition of this car is after sitting at the port for the last 6 months as well as my relationship with my dealership. They are the nicest guys. Otherwise, I would definitely take the loaner and make them discount the car at sign off. Oh well, I can't do this either. DAMN.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Hmmm, this is a good find guys. By taking a loaner it gives your dealer more incentive to have you purchase the car for the B-team. I didn't ask for a loaner as I have no idea what the condition of this car is after sitting at the port for the last 6 months as well as my relationship with my dealership. They are the nicest guys. Otherwise, I would definitely take the loaner and make them discount the car at sign off. Oh well, I can't do this either. DAMN.
Taking the loaner is only fair to us. The dealership will be reimbursed for it by PCNA anyway. The loaner car certainly eased up the pain since I had an early trade in. Besides I also bought a Macan for my wife and I've been a very loyal consumer for several years now. It's a give and take
Old 05-19-2014, 11:01 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

New engine date and additional info.

Call by Paula on May 15
Talk to Ian on May 19

VIN: 3327
Original production: early Dec but moved twice
Original delivery: January 31, revised to Feb 28, then to March 7

Engine scheduled to arrive in RI July 21
Scheduled delivery between August 11 and 18

Now for the Q&A

Disagreement on 'original delivery date': they ignore the 3 dates provided by dealer and gave me a March 14 date; non-negotiable

ECU changes: PCNA trying to clarify with PAG but unable to confirm presently

PCCB noise-induced change: no info; will look into it

Screens for radiators: PCNA will try to clarify with PAG

Oil temp light: PCNA trying to clarify with PAG but unable to confirm presently

Battery, tires, paint: some testing will be done at port and more at dealer. They will address anything that must be addressed to make the car 'new' and if we are not satisfied with a specific issue, they will address it

Who handles swap: swaps are handled by PAG and PCNA technicians at port
Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alaint101
New engine date and additional info. Call by Paula on May 15 Talk to Ian on May 19 VIN: 3327 Original production: early Dec but moved twice Original delivery: January 31, revised to Feb 28, then to March 7 Engine scheduled to arrive in RI July 21 Scheduled delivery between August 11 and 18 Now for the Q&A Disagreement on 'original delivery date': they ignore the 3 dates provided by dealer and gave me a March 14 date; non-negotiable ECU changes: PCNA trying to clarify with PAG but unable to confirm presently PCCB noise-induced change: no info; will look into it Screens for radiators: PCNA will try to clarify with PAG Oil temp light: PCNA trying to clarify with PAG but unable to confirm presently Battery, tires, paint: some testing will be done at port and more at dealer. They will address anything that must be addressed to make the car 'new' and if we are not satisfied with a specific issue, they will address it Who handles swap: swaps are handled by PAG and PCNA technicians at port
Forgot to mention that Ian confirmed that the dealer is compensated for the loaner...
Old 05-20-2014, 01:29 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Looks like another change of plans from PCNA. When advised of my estimated New Motor arrival and completion dates for my GT3 last week, PCNA concierge advised my car would be picked up by my dealer at my home and then shipped by my dealer to Atlanta. Also told I must have both (2) Keys with the car, presumably for reprogramming. Yesterday my dealer E-mailed that his Porsche Zone Rep advised him that PCNA would be handling the entire pickup and my dealer would not be involved. Actually I prefer this as the fewer loadings and unloadings, the less chance for damage. No discussion yet on the return of my GT3 to my home, whether I have to pick it up from my dealer, shipped to my dealer, delivered to my home from PCNA or I have to go get it.
Obviously the engine change logistics are a work in progress as the sites are widely dispersed.
Anyone hear anything different on deliveries either pre or post new engine?
Old 05-20-2014, 01:31 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Looks like another change of plans from PCNA. When advised of my estimated New Motor arrival and completion dates for my GT3 last week, PCNA concierge advised my car would be picked up by my dealer at my home and then shipped by my dealer to Atlanta. Also told I must have both (2) Keys with the car, presumably for reprogramming. Yesterday my dealer E-mailed that his Porsche Zone Rep advised him that PCNA would be handling the entire pickup and my dealer would not be involved. Actually I prefer this as the fewer loadings and unloadings, the less chance for damage. No discussion yet on the return of my GT3 to my home, whether I have to pick it up from my dealer, shipped to my dealer, delivered to my home from PCNA or I have to go get it. Obviously the engine change logistics are a work in progress as the sites are widely dispersed. Anyone hear anything different on deliveries either pre or post new engine?
I've not heard anything new. But my dealer did reach out to me last week--to let me know that he has not heard anything and was wondering if PCNA has contacted me with any news about the schedule!!!

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates