Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

I am thinking that after the engines are replaced at Port that all cars will be sent to their respective dealer. I believe the Dealer will then perform an inspection and do what ever work necessary to make sure that your replaced-engine car feels like a new car upon pick-up. I also wonder if the dealer will be doing any minor detailed work that will not be performed at the Port
Old 05-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am thinking that after the engines are replaced at Port that all cars will be sent to their respective dealer. I believe the Dealer will then perform an inspection and do what ever work necessary to make sure that your replaced-engine car feels like a new car upon pick-up. I also wonder if the dealer will be doing any minor detailed work that will not be performed at the Port
When I spoke to my service manager last week what you assume is basically what he said would happen; they would basically do a PDI at the dealership again and "re-deliver" a "new" car.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Ian called me today to just review a couple of things and especially to confirm he is still my main contact. He did say that after my engine replacement my car would be sent to my Dealer to perform other items including prepping my car for delivery. Also, since I bought my car as new; that my car will be delivered, as such. If I, or my dealer thinks some things needs further to be done or unhappy about something than PCNA would get involved and make sure I am happy with the "new car experience". It looks like my car will be available the week of the 18th but these are conservative dates. It could be a week earlier but he said if people start canceling cars that those cars would get pushed to a later date and then every one would move up. So I am no longer convincing any one at the RI Port to keep their car - )
Old 05-20-2014, 04:03 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ian called me today to just review a couple of things and especially to confirm he is still my main contact. He did say that after my engine replacement my car would be sent to my Dealer to perform other items including prepping my car for delivery. Also, since I bought my car as new; that my car will be delivered, as such. If I, or my dealer thinks some things needs further to be done or unhappy about something than PCNA would get involved and make sure I am happy with the "new car experience". It looks like my car will be available the week of the 18th but these are conservative dates. It could be a week earlier but he said if people start canceling cars that those cars would get pushed to a later date and then every one would move up. So I am no longer convincing any one at the RI Port to keep their car - )
Nice!

I've had several conversations like this with Ian over the last few months and the language was almost exactly the same as what he told you--that PCNA would do whatever is necessary to make sure that we are receiving cars that reflect a new car experience.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Also - I expressed concerns about the tires, battery ect and the Dealership will replace any thing that will need to replaced when the go thru their detailed prep work. I am going to make sure my Dealer brings in some very good detailers to make this car looks like it came from the showroom and then I will need the clear bra placed on the whole front of the car(Hood fully wrapped), side mirrors, headlights, and the DRLs. Will also need the windows tinted and some other things done before pick-up that I need installed. I am hoping/assuming these things will be done at their cost they get from their installers. If I suspect they will be trying to make money off me I will not be very happy. I will not let the emotion of this car at pick up blind me.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:25 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

For those of us that were going to have the ceramic rotors replaced before all of the engine problems, has anyone heard if the rotors will be taken care during the engine replacement?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Good question to ask but I believe this will be done at the Dealer. But, I was also told toady that not only will German engineers be sent to the 3 locations at the Ports but Master Mechanics from various US Dealerships will also be sent to help out. -
Old 05-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
For those of us that were going to have the ceramic rotors replaced before all of the engine problems, has anyone heard if the rotors will be taken care during the engine replacement?
Remind me what the deal was with the rotors. Something about too close of a tolerance between the backing plate and the disc? Totally forgot about this issue and I never noticed any unusual noises. Were you actually aware of a problem with yours and under what circumstances did it occur? Was there evidence of damage to your rotors?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:30 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
This is important to know. Thanks for reminding me. Is the PCCB issue affecting all? Or were there specific VINs affected?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I thought it was a recall so your dealerships should be aware
Old 05-20-2014, 04:38 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Thanks. Rather than load the dealer up too far ahead of time with requests / details that I'm sure he will forget, I'll make a short list and circulate to him / the service department a couple weeks out from delivery date.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I don't think it was a recall per se: I've received no notice for mine. My understanding is that it was a case by case issue and only some cars had symptoms.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:25 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

It was a case my case. Basically if the costumer noticed it and brought it to the service reps attention, then they would take of it.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:27 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

It was a case my case. Basically if the customer noticed it and brought it to the service reps attention, then they would take of it. Getting the parts to do it was the issue.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:32 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Remind me what the deal was with the rotors. Something about too close of a tolerance between the backing plate and the disc? Totally forgot about this issue and I never noticed any unusual noises. Were you actually aware of a problem with yours and under what circumstances did it occur? Was there evidence of damage to your rotors?
Mike, I saved this image that another RL-er posted:

Name:  image-2584279718.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  452.2 KB

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates