mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
-At the port since March 6
-Engine arrives July 14th
-Completion Aug 11th
Hi silver... How are you bud. Hope is ok with u and family

Just saw the dates you posted.... That's 5 months at port! I really feel for you. Not really sure what is the best course of action but a big discount is certainly well deserved, considering... Mark
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Mark Living the dream. All is good buddy, I have to see the car before I commit to it. I usually do not leave any of my cars outside more than 2 hrs and now 6 months by the port is testing my limits. Oh well, what can we do.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:59 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,271 Likes on 619 Posts

Looks like I'm the only one who has not gotten the call, and I have the earliest production date of all here. Maybe they are waiting to call me when they are ready to pick up my car. Who am I kidding...
Old 05-15-2014, 10:16 PM
JRgt3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dates are similar to Weapon... engine delivery in mid June and finished by mid July. Car is in Houston and will be shipped to Atlanta.
I want to install Shark Werks Exhausts, so I asked Andrea if they would install them while everything is taken apart..... haven't heard back on that issue. My guess is they will put it back to stock and let me deal with aftermarket stuff. Anyone have any better ideas on exhausts.... this is my first Porsche and not familiar with aftermarket exhausts. A friend suggested Shark Werks....
Old 05-15-2014, 10:37 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JRgt3
my dates are similar to Weapon... engine delivery in mid June and finished by mid July. Car is in Houston and will be shipped to Atlanta.
I want to install Shark Werks Exhausts, so I asked Andrea if they would install them while everything is taken apart..... haven't heard back on that issue. My guess is they will put it back to stock and let me deal with aftermarket stuff. Anyone have any better ideas on exhausts.... this is my first Porsche and not familiar with aftermarket exhausts. A friend suggested Shark Werks....
The Sharkwerks center muffler bypass is almost a must for the GT3. You will love it. GMG makes one too but I have no idea if there is any difference in sound quality but I suspect they are the same as there is nothing special about straight pipes. I would be surprised if they install it for you at the port and suspect they won't. I am actually worried they may remove mine (and ship back to me) because a poster from France mentioned the new engine came with a new exhaust. Andrea did ask me if I had any mods to the car, though; and I told her. I hope it doesn't get removed or worse yet, lost.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:11 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

It appears the person with whom I spoke this afternoon was indeed mistaken about my car being repaired at the Port of Houston. I spoke with the service manager of my dealership this evening who confirmed the info I was given on my call earlier was incorrect.

His best guess as to where my car will be sent was Atlanta, given its relative proximity to Houston.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:14 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
It appears the person with whom I spoke this afternoon was indeed mistaken about my car being repaired at the Port of Houston. I spoke with the service manager of my dealership this evening who confirmed the info I was given on my call earlier was incorrect.

His best guess as to where my car will be sent was Atlanta, given its relative proximity to Houston.
Ugh!! Why won't they let big local dealerships do the swap? They are letting the Europeans and Canadian dealerships swap engines.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Ugh!! Why won't they let big local dealerships do the swap? They are letting the Europeans and Canadian dealerships swap engines.
That was exactly my service manager's thoughts. He said they routinely take engines out and put them back in, and it is no big deal for a shop with such experience. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:51 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
It appears the person with whom I spoke this afternoon was indeed mistaken about my car being repaired at the Port of Houston. I spoke with the service manager of my dealership this evening who confirmed the info I was given on my call earlier was incorrect. His best guess as to where my car will be sent was Atlanta, given its relative proximity to Houston.
WOW. I confirmed that mine would be done at the San Diego port.

Why can't they just outfit the HOU port with equipment?!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:56 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
WOW. I confirmed that mine would be done at the San Diego port.

Why can't they just outfit the HOU port with equipment?!
Because that would let them get done with mine more quickly.

As it is, the estimated delivery week of 8/11/14 is the week leading up to the Rolex Motorsports Reunion and the Pebble Beach Concours. Naturally, we are already booked for that week and the next in Carmel Highlands.

My guess is that the car shows up the day before we leave for Carmel so that I get to pay for it and then let it sit for two more weeks.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Hi Mike.... Indeed Ian is not handling few cases and most of these have been assigned to Andrea. Ian used to handle my case as well, and today I received the call from Andrea. So much better than Ian. Really very professional gal and appears to be on top of her game. I really liked her. I had so many questions for her and she answered them truthfully, and she did not hesitate to blame PAG if it is something she did not agree with. I was given your same dates. Mine will be going to San Diego as well. So I guess our beautiful red cars will be roommates as well for few days. Mark
Hi Mark, thanks for the info. In fact, after leaving messages for Ian and then calling PCNA myself, I received a call from Andrea about 2 hours later. She confirmed my dates and told me I'd be contacted again in a couple of weeks to make arrangements to pick up my car. Looks like there will be several of our cars in San Diego at the same time!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Looks like I'm the only one who has not gotten the call, and I have the earliest production date of all here. Maybe they are waiting to call me when they are ready to pick up my car. Who am I kidding...
Max, call the regular Porsche customer service #: 1-800-PORSCHE. Have your case number ready and they can look up the info for you. I think when accounts got shifted from Ian to Andrea that the order of calls got scrambled. I'm pretty sure the only reason Andrea subsequently called me is because I left phone and e-mail messages for Ian before calling 1-800-PORSCHE myself.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:12 AM
mshahidz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As stated earlier...vin 185 - Car was delivered Jan 18th. (arrived at dealer jan 9th i think)

We got our call - Car will be ready June 9th-13th - I'm quite happy with the timeline compared to some of the other ones I have read online.

In regards to compensation - no bueno - 2K it is.
We were able to get a free swap back to summers (oh boy!),
Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

Is Ian no longer at PCNA??
Old 05-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ian's still there. I spoke to him yesterday

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates