Sponsored by:

Moved MY2014 to MY2015

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by G55amg
This really sucks, I'm "on the list" for a GT3 2015, this means I will not get one. But if they no this why will they take a deposit?
There will be a 2015 model. According to Porsche's representations all the 2014's will get their engines first. More than likely 2015 production will begin after the factory holiday in August which is what most of the 2014 owners hope for.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Salespunk
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
Am I the only one scratching my head trying to understand why PAG is having such a hard time with what amounts to rod bolts and possibly rods?

I realize this motor spins at very high RPM, but so do other cars. My Fcar spins high too. There are motorcycles that spin much higher than this, and these high levels of RPM are not even that new.

It really makes me think there is more to this.

I am not trying to cry conspiracy, but this technology ( rod bolts, titanium rods and so on) has a lot of tried and true solutions available to the OEMs and the aftermarket. So why then is Porsche struggling here?

Curious for your thoughts.

Rich
It is not the RPM that matters, but instead the piston speed in ft/sec. For that you have to multiple the max RPM x Stroke. From what I remember there were a few street cars (M3 and RS4 specifically) that had higher piston speeds than F1 cars and I am sure that the GT3 is in that class as well. Add in the pistons changing directions 150 times per second and it is understandable how much precision and strength is needed in these parts.

Sucks that this has not been resolved yet and it sounds like it will affect the entire production run. This kills my plan of picking up a 2015 now too since it sounds like allocation will be taken up by the people that were on the 2014 schedule. Does anyone know if they will increase production for 2015 to accommodate?
Old 05-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Salespunk
It is not the RPM that matters, but instead the piston speed in ft/sec. For that you have to multiple the max RPM x Stroke. From what I remember there were a few street cars (M3 and RS4 specifically) that had higher piston speeds than F1 cars and I am sure that the GT3 is in that class as well. Add in the pistons changing directions 150 times per second and it is understandable how much precision and strength is needed in these parts

Sucks that this has not been resolved yet and it sounds like it will affect the entire production run. This kills my plan of picking up a 2015 now too since it sounds like allocation will be taken up by the people that were on the 2014 schedule. Does anyone know if they will increase production for 2015 to accommodate?
I'm certain that it HAS in fact been resolved or they wouldn't have begun building replacement engines, which they are doing. The fate of 2015 allocations, OTOH, is another matter and I doubt anyone outside of Porsche knows what they will do about that.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Engines are being built confirmed from multiple sources. However like most will be most relieved when I actually hear from an owner who has had one fitted.

I'm not sure about NA but for ROW I don't believe MY2015 allocations were ever open to dealers. At least for RHD markets the latest confirmed production orders I had hear of back before this debacle was June/July production...
Old 05-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Mark, has the group heard from PAG? If not, that is tragic. The group represents buyers of Porsche's for many years. For PAG to turn their back on the group is poor business practice and judgment.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Nick. The Action Group received a letter from PCGB today referencing the letter to Herr Muller. The contents are on the closed forum. In summary it was in line with the statements made to the German press in the article online published last week which most are familiar with. However we know for a fact that the GT3 Action Group is now well known within the PAG management team as well as global dealer network. Its membership continues to grow. We believe our actions had some impact at least on timing of communication to UK cat A and B customers. I we can get more media attention (spokesperson etc) in the US I think we can accelerate the situation there too. I do believe however PAG will come out with a Cat A & B comp package (called a "Porsche Value Package" in the UK!) this coming week when they will hopefully give dealers the timetable for replacement engine production.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...pensation.html
Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Mark, what have they done for your part of the world? I read a post from Australia that they have not received any compensation package as of yet.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Nick. Its a good question.

You must remember NZ & Au is a very small market. Only 8 x 991 GT3 in NZ and perhaps double that number in Au! Of the 8 cars in NZ only 3 had been delivered at the time of the "stop sale". Up until last week dealers had provided owners of delivered cars with brand new loan cars. Mostly Cayman S range level.

The NZ dealers had been very responsive to their customers and dealt with them weekly face to face or by phone. Much easier with 3 customers in an entire nation!

I know first hand one Porsche sales manager who flew to a track day in the south with spare pads for a GT3 customers loan car just so he could complete two more track days!

Initially I believe dealers explored options such as Porsche driving experiences and later vouchers as "compensation". However since the GT3 Action Group media it seems that Porsche in this region will most likely follow a similar program as the UK and Europe. In UK they have called it the Porsche Value Package.

I understand that at the end of next week most NZ customers (and I assume Au too as the NZ distributor reports to Porsche Cars Australia) everything will become alot clearer including engine replacement timing and full "Value package" offering. I do believe that customers in this region will now be treated with equality. They have definitely benefited by being treated with respect at this point in time - the dealers really have done everything they can to appease and sympathise with their clients but have been working with one hand behind their back as information has been very closely held by the factory.

So I have to confess that to date the NZ+Au dealers and distributor (in NZ) have been exemplary in handling the situation - particularly in relation to larger markets such as the US etc.

That's a longer answer than you expected but I have never been asked directly that question and obviously its a subject close to me.

Last edited by Macca; 05-03-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I emailed Andrea yesterday asking her when we might hear something regarding the status change from V170 to an actual build/delivery date for the now MY2015 GT3 that some of us have been moved to. She is very polite and professional and always quick to respond to an email.
I was originally an April build and May delivery. Here's what she said:
(I hear Jeopardy music playing)

Good Morning Robert,

We are expecting a new update next week. I will keep you posted as soon as
I hear something.

Thank you,

Andrea Arauz
GT3 Customer Concierge
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
980 Hammond Drive, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328
Old 05-09-2014, 01:46 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubbaman
I emailed Andrea yesterday asking her when we might hear something regarding the status change from V170 to an actual build/delivery date for the now MY2015 GT3 that some of us have been moved to. She is very polite and professional and always quick to respond to an email. I was originally an April build and May delivery. Here's what she said: (I hear Jeopardy music playing) Good Morning Robert, We are expecting a new update next week. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear something. Thank you, Andrea Arauz GT3 Customer Concierge Porsche Cars North America, Inc. 980 Hammond Drive, Suite 1000 Atlanta, GA 30328
Can you PM her email? She was supposed to come back to me two weeks ago on my original delivery date (Feb vs. Mar) and I am still waiting...
Old 05-09-2014, 07:38 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101
Can you PM her email? She was supposed to come back to me two weeks ago on my original delivery date (Feb vs. Mar) and I am still waiting...
PM sent
Old 05-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My salesman emailed me today and said that my 2015 will be a September production with an expected dealer inventory date of November 21st
Old 05-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Klivo GT3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! this is my first post. I finally got some real information about what happens to my GT3. but first a summary of what has happened until now.The originally order was placed in September 2013. The manufacture what is set to 2014 V12, I ordered it with factory collection in Leipzig V15. It could be nice once in a livetime to do this!
As you all know, nothing came of this ... so i got an offer from my local PC.
They supplied me with a brand new 911Turbo at no cost until delivery of my GT3.
I Pict up this car V14.
The info i now got is. Since my car is still at the factory(factory collection). PAG has decided that all cars still in factory, will be "scraped". this is because they don't want to deliver cars with replacmenent engines from factory.
I got a new production slot in V37 and this will be a 2015 model. If i receive more info i will post it here.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Klivo GT3: Thanks for your post. Just a few days ago I spoke with a senior executive at Porsche USA, that informed me that all cars that were on the production line at the time of stop sale did get fitted with the defective engine to complete production. My car was one of the last to get produced with the defective engine. He said my engine will be swapped at the factory and shipped to my dealer. He mentioned the earliest I will see my car is September.

Appears which is not a surprise with Porsche conflicting information.

Quick Reply: Moved MY2014 to MY2015