Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:46 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a realist.

No cash forthcoming. Just saying.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 AM
FLM911
Racer

Originally Posted by frayed
I'm a realist. No cash forthcoming. Just saying.
Maybe.

This could get ugly. Real money involved. Unprecedented scenario.

Should I pay for a DE that I can't cancel as inside the cancellation window?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:17 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think FLM has a good case here. He bought the car to track it and PAG says drive it later.They should pay for his class cancellation & any other arrangement that was related.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah. LOL. Cash? And I say this with a lot of Vodka in me... are you HIGH?

Cheers.

I'm being a realist. Porsche has a drug that sells itself. They don't care about losing a customer. That's all there is to it. They will NOT go out of their way.

Name one other car that has a "are you waiting for an allocation thread" for it? Smell the coffee!

You bought a first year car? What are you whining about. At least they gave you all of your brake pads, unlike the chevy sonic: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/30/2...ke-pad-recall/
Old 03-03-2014, 01:25 AM
FLM911
Racer

Originally Posted by Serge944
Yeah. LOL. Cash? And I say this with a lot of Vodka in me... are you HIGH? Cheers. I'm being a realist. Porsche has a drug that sells itself. They don't care about losing a customer. That's all there is to it. They will NOT go out of their way.
Hope its good vodka!

Porsche rep said send the costs and paperwork in when I spoke to them and explained.

Uncharted territory here.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:30 AM
FLM911
Racer

At least they gave you all of your brake pads, unlike the chevy sonic: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/30/2...ke-pad-recall/
Wouldn't it be nice if this is all that was wrong

Anyway, was just answering the OP's question which was a good one, on how could Porsche make it all right.

I'm not suggesting they will.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Chopin - only the best. That's great that they are willing to help you out. I wish you the best of luck.

The whole climate of this forum just sucks though. I wish people would look at the big picture and realize that they are waiting for one of the best drivers cars in the world, and not act like starving, dehydrated African children...that's all.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbull
"Lemon Law" would not apply at this point. To be considered for the "Lemon Law" tag would necessitate multiple episodes with a particular issue with the car.
Wrong. See number 2.

From Colorado state statues:

The Colorado lemon law establishes a presumption that a manufacturer has had a
reasonable number of repair attempts if, within the warranty term or one year after the
vehicle’s original delivery, whichever comes first, either of the following occurs:

1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the
manufacturer, its agent, or its authorized dealer and the nonconformity continues to
exist, or

2. The motor vehicle has been out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of
30 or more business days of the repairer.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Elephant Chuck
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extended warranty would be best. Even after the fix is in place, there is likely to be lingering concern about a car that was grounded due to the potential for fire. That concern will likely harm resale. Extended warranty will ease concern since related problems would at least be covered.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:29 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
+1000
Agree with Allan. Communication has been horrible and I am thinking its the lawyers in control. We live in a diff world with all the lawsuits but still they could have done a much better job. I give them an F for communication 101
Chopin - only the best. That's great that they are willing to help you out. I wish you the best of luck.

The whole climate of this forum just sucks though. I wish people would look at the big picture and realize that they are waiting for one of the best drivers cars in the world, and not act like starving, dehydrated African children...that's all.

Whole climate of this forum sucks? You mean people who pay over 6 figures for a sports car and expect feedback within a reasonable time from the manufacturer when a potentially catostrophic issue presents itself that sidelines an entire line of their top tier products? I don't know what planet you're on, or maybe if you're in the .000001 percent of wealth that anything under 500k is a night in Vegas group...but if not, how could this NOT be bothersome to you in some way/shape/form? You must be a construction contractor's wet dream...
Old 03-03-2014, 02:40 AM
tradervic
Instructor

Can't wait for GT3.1
Old 03-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
I'm a realist.

No cash forthcoming. Just saying.
Yeah. LOL. Cash? And I say this with a lot of Vodka in me... are you HIGH?
I disagree. I've mentioned this before, but 12 years ago my 996 had a broken weld in the roof area that was causing a noise that they couldn't find. Car was out of service for a month. No publicity, no fire; just PCNA, the dealer, and me. I didn't have to ask for anything, Porsche wrote a loss-of-use check for almost $900 which was the equivalent of one month's car payment.

When I asked about it, the PCNA contact I spoke to 10 days ago told me that cash compensation was a likely remedy. FWIW, I'll be surprised and disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Whole climate of this forum sucks? You mean people who pay over 6 figures for a sports car and expect feedback within a reasonable time from the manufacturer when a potentially catostrophic issue presents itself that sidelines an entire line of their top tier products? I don't know what planet you're on, or maybe if you're in the .000001 percent of wealth that anything under 500k is a night in Vegas group...but if not, how could this NOT be bothersome to you in some way/shape/form? You must be a construction contractor's wet dream...
I'm unhappy, I'm upset, and I get more upset every time I walk past my car parked in the garage. But realistically, once they've told me they are working on the problem as quickly as they can, and will let me know when they have a solution, what is it that I should expect? Personal messages from F. Piech saying they are STILL working on it as quickly as they can? Daily progress reports on how the investigation is proceeding? I mean, that would be great, but I suspect it won't get my car on the road any sooner.

Unless I think Porsche are dragging their heels and honestly don't care about all the negatives surrounding this situation (something no rational person could possibly believe), then unhappy as I may be, I don't see any alternative to being patient.

If someone has a practical, potentially effective suggestion as to something I can do to get back in the driver's seat more quickly, I'd love to hear it. I'm not above whining, but it has to have a reasonable chance of accomplishing something.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Financial compensation is very realistic
Stoli Elit is the best vodka
Old 03-03-2014, 03:50 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike. Put a gopro in the engine bay from below. One on each side from the rear bumper facing back up at the cats and the oil cooler. Set to 60fps HD and use extended batter. Then just go and drive it. Maje sure you have an extinguisher on board (least 2kg). If it catches fire put it out and phone PAG telling them you have evidence of how the fire originated. I dont think they will tell you off for using the car....LOL

Quick Reply: What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?