Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014 | 06:43 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

PCNA called back and said they are working on loaner at a local dealer next week. (Told them I don't want one until the snow leaves anyways.. -- ITs March already.. dang --- .. and don't need a cayenne as i already have a Tourareg)..

- If there is a compensation package, do you think taking a loaner will offset that?

--- e.g. Bob, you didn't get a loaner, so you get a full 5 year 100k warranty (And your wife gets a white McCan since all your posts were porsche postive on the forum. LOL) ... while since Joe took a 911 loaner, he dont' get one, and since Timmy took at Cayenne v6 we'll give him a 3.5556 year 46,377 mile warranty.. ??? -- How does this work guys.. -- And for all the guys demanding TTS loaners while car is still in production.. were taking the allocation away ROTFLMAO..
Old 03-05-2014 | 06:51 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
PCNA called back and said they are working on loaner at a local dealer next week. (Told them I don't want one until the snow leaves anyways.. -- ITs March already.. dang --- .. and don't need a cayenne as i already have a Tourareg)..

- If there is a compensation package, do you think taking a loaner will offset that?

--- e.g. Bob, you didn't get a loaner, so you get a full 5 year 100k warranty (And your wife gets a white McCan since all your posts were porsche postive on the forum. LOL) ... while since Joe took a 911 loaner, he dont' get one, and since Timmy took at Cayenne v6 we'll give him a 3.5556 year 46,377 mile warranty.. ??? -- How does this work guys.. -- And for all the guys demanding TTS loaners while car is still in production.. were taking the allocation away ROTFLMAO..

There is NO way the loaners are going to impact compensation for those who already have their cars. The dealer would have given a loaner for any reason your car is in the shop anyways providing you made an appointment for one. I figure though, at least my loaner will be better to drive (in our area...) due to the potholes. The one is covered under "loaner warranty" vs the other being your out of pocket money. I figured screw it and take it.
Old 03-05-2014 | 06:58 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
There is NO way the loaners are going to impact compensation for those who already have their cars. The dealer would have given a loaner for any reason your car is in the shop anyways providing you made an appointment for one. I figure though, at least my loaner will be better to drive (in our area...) due to the potholes. The one is covered under "loaner warranty" vs the other being your out of pocket money. I figured screw it and take it.
Thx.. I feel better already.. if they bring up an issue, I'll tell them I got the ok from a guy on forum w/ w nice looking white porsche and 800+ posts, so it must be true..
Old 03-05-2014 | 07:03 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Thx.. I feel better already.. if they bring up an issue, I'll tell them I got the ok from a guy on forum w/ w nice looking white porsche and 800+ posts, so it must be true..
haha, of all the things to go out on a limb for, this would be one of them. Car in shop=loaner, regardless of situation. Now if they are making a special consideration for someone then who knows, but my guess is of all things, this will not affect anyone. In fact, if it DID end up affecting the end "reward"...that would be more grounds for me to dismiss Porsche than anything given the use of free loaners for the entire time I have been a Porsche customer.
Old 03-05-2014 | 07:21 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Frankly i wouldnt accept anything other than a turbo. A cayenne is not commensurate.
Old 03-17-2014 | 02:14 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

so...what ya guys thinking now?
Old 03-17-2014 | 02:38 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Probably a free 997.2 GT3.
Old 03-17-2014 | 02:42 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

^^in a PTS color! lol
Old 03-17-2014 | 02:46 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Given the brain damage already done by uncertainty and other issues, just speaking for myself as a consumer, I'll be neutral to all this if 1) in optimistic case of resolution ~1.5 months from now, I get Cayman S or better loaner, extended warranty and a high 4-figure check to 5 figure check; 2) in case of 3+ month resolution, only free upgrade to RS and a barrage of apologies or something comparable could potentially fix the bad aftertaste. I am not saying that any of this will happen, just thinking what it would take.
Old 03-17-2014 | 02:48 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Id be interested in an allocation of the RS at invoice, but I feel like that would be tough for them given the 918 buyers and others who skipped the GT3 to wait for the RS who have deposits down...I'm curious to see what Porsche AG offers...I'm not worried about my specific dealer (lucky)...but Im going to be seriously pissed at Porsche if they don't roll a serious apology package out...
Old 03-17-2014 | 02:52 PM
0Q991
Drifting

^^Agreed.
Old 03-17-2014 | 02:59 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Sorry if this is old news but here is email from Porsche:

Dear [Title] [Last_Name]:

As advised previously, engineers at Porsche AG have been conducting
technical analysis of the Porsche 911 GT3 engine in order to find a
solution to the problem which led us to recommend you stop driving
your car.

This analysis is now completed, and we would like to inform you about
the cause of the problem and the planned remedial actions.

As already communicated, two vehicles in Europe suffered engine
damage, causing the vehicles to catch fire.

Analysis has revealed that in both cases the engine damage was caused
by a loosened piston rod screw connection which damaged the
crankcase. In order to avoid this in the future, an optimized screw
connection is currently being tested. For the final validation of
this solution, Porsche AG is currently carrying out extensive tests.

At Porsche we are rigorous when implementing an engineering solution,
therefore, after the successful testing and validation we will be
installing new engines with optimized piston rod screw connections in
all 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 vehicles.

Due to the complexity of the necessary arrangement, we are currently
unable to provide you with a specific workshop date for your Porsche
911 GT3. We will be arranging an appointment with you individually,
as soon as the logistics planning is finalized. We will be providing
you with additional information within the next three weeks.

We continue to remain committed to supporting your individual needs
during this time.
Your personal contact person will make contact with you within the
next days to discuss individual solutions to bridge the gap until you
are reunited with your Porsche 911 GT3.

Thank you very much for your patience and your loyalty to the Porsche
brand.

Kind regards,
Old 03-17-2014 | 04:36 PM
Clocked
Racer

I have had a car on order which stopped production on 2/14. My dealer along with PNA have offered me ZERO. No loaner, nothing just to sit around and wait until Porsche deciders when they will have new engine that actually works and does not blow up.

I sold a Ferrari in the fall in anticipation of this car for the summer.

Pissed. It would have been better if they just canned the 2014 year and move on to the 2015 year.
Old 03-17-2014 | 04:47 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clocked
I have had a car on order which stopped production on 2/14. My dealer along with PNA have offered me ZERO. No loaner, nothing just to sit around and wait until Porsche deciders when they will have new engine that actually works and does not blow up.

Pissed. It would have been better if they just canned the 2014 year and move on to the 2015 year.
Honestly, if you're unhappy with your treatment and want a '15, you have every right to cancel your order, get any deposit back and find another allocation for a '15 at MSRP.
Don't limit yourself to local dealers, when you spread your search out, competition is in your favor.
Old 03-17-2014 | 09:20 PM
KPexEA
Intermediate

After popping in a fresh motor, they should fix the old one and give it to you as a spare.

Quick Reply: What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?