Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014 | 01:52 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I need it readily available....
But will try it.
peter, have you tried this one yet?
i haven't, but it looks interesting...
at least can keep the btl for display.

http://anestasiavodka.com/anestasia-vodka.html
Old 03-04-2014 | 01:55 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by skuplist
At this point Porsche better offer an extended warranty. If I have to sit and listen to my dealer selling me their f**** extend warranty and using this issue I will be calling Porsche North America and canceling my order.
LOL, Finance guy makes good money from warranty sales. They won't be happy about 100K warranty
Old 03-04-2014 | 07:29 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by montoya
E46m3 survived two major engine recalls and car is worth more now then when I sold mine in 2009. BMW gave owners a 6 year 100k engine warranty on recalled cars, it was the right answer to silence the critics.
Porsche should follow this example..
Totally agree on this.

Otherwise future buyers will avoid buying a MY '14 991 GT3 if Porsche does't give a strong sign of confidence.
ALSO I will definitely want more than only this extended warranty if I need to drive the Cayenne V6 as a loaner for a longer time.

No further need to add that I am also very unhappy with the current (lack of) communication from Porsche.
Old 03-04-2014 | 08:20 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy

I'd rather take the blonde promoters on their site instead.
Old 03-04-2014 | 09:54 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

I'll be happy if I get a car that has no issues.

On the other hand, if Porsche decides to recall all the GT3's and burn them, I want a ticket to the bonfire and a bag of marshmallows. And some Zurbowka, Jewel of Russia Ultra or Ultimat vodka.
Old 03-04-2014 | 10:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Vodka???

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I want a ticket to the bonfire and a bag of marshmallows. And some Zurbowka, Jewel of Russia Ultra or Ultimat vodka.
Since I first started reading this thread (and the even more depressing 'Stop Sale' by Brian), I have started really imbibing all the Single Malts I had in the house! I have now literarily run out of them & ordered 12 more assorted bottles of Scotch from nearby San Francisco. After all, you guys are all anticipating further 'bad' news in the 991 gt3 front. All of them will be Single Malts from Islay, the 'The Queen of the Hebrides'. They are the peatiest & smokiest of them all! What I truly upsets me the most about these posts is the preference in this select group of Porsche enthusiasts for vodka. What is that all about?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2014 | 11:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy

Looks cool, I'll try it!

Originally Posted by Z356
Since I first started reading this thread (and the even more depressing 'Stop Sale' by Brian), I have started really imbibing all the Single Malts I had in the house! I have now literarily run out of them & ordered 12 more assorted bottles of Scotch from nearby San Francisco. After all, you guys are all anticipating further 'bad' news in the 991 gt3 front. All of them will be Single Malts from Islay, the 'The Queen of the Hebrides'. They are the peatiest & smokiest of them all! What I truly upsets me the most about these posts is the preference in this select group of Porsche enthusiasts for vodka. What is that all about?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

And those.
Old 03-04-2014 | 11:38 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Lol, now Porsche is sponsoring alcoholism via their GT3 ****-up debacle. Cheers.
Old 03-04-2014 | 11:45 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Porsche is sponsoring alcoholism...
Yes, for a change. It's usually the reverse!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2014 | 01:51 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Aye, seems you have a passion for the peaty ones laddie. Well done.
Old 03-05-2014 | 03:07 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stronbl
this would sound dangerous without the scotch context...LOL. Someone likes some heavy moss down there if ya know what I mean...heh..heh...
Old 03-05-2014 | 05:51 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stronbl
Originally Posted by sechsgang
Someone likes some heavy moss down there
OK, I have been properly re-stocked with some of the finest from Islay (Ardbeg Uigeadail, Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Ardbeg Ardbog, Ardbeg 10 years, Bunnahabhain 12 Years & Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 10 years Heavily Peated). I am now ready to read everything you guys want to throw into these gt3 threads 'cause I'll be ready to drown my sorrows with a dram...or two! Perhaps I'll wake up one day & walk out of 'Brigadoon' (or Carmel!) to see all of you laddies happy as punch with your 991 gt3's in perfect driving conditions! I just ask for two things: 1) Please lay off Macca. He is a friend & an asset to Rennlist! 2) Forget about getting 'loaner cars' from Porsche before your gt3 is even delivered! When I read about these kind of requests, it drives me right to vodka...and I don't even like the damn fermented-potato spirits!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2014 | 06:19 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

When I read about these kind of requests, it drives me right to vodka...and I don't even like the damn fermented-potato spirits!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Careful my home town in Northern Minnesota has the "spud" as it's mascot!
Old 03-05-2014 | 06:22 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Well that's a well stocked garage!
Old 03-05-2014 | 06:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

OK, I have been properly re-stocked with some of the finest from Islay (Ardbeg Uigeadail, Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Ardbeg Ardbog, Ardbeg 10 years, Bunnahabhain 12 Years & Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 10 years Heavily Peated). I am now ready to read everything you guys want to throw into these gt3 threads 'cause I'll be ready to drown my sorrows with a dram...or two! Perhaps I'll wake up one day & walk out of 'Brigadoon' (or Carmel!) to see all of you laddies happy as punch with your 991 gt3's in perfect driving conditions! I just ask for two things: 1) Please lay off Macca. He is a friend & an asset to Rennlist! 2) Forget about getting 'loaner cars' from Porsche before your gt3 is even delivered! When I read about these kind of requests, it drives me right to vodka...and I don't even like the damn fermented-potato spirits!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Post of the day; Must become close friend to Eduardo!

Quick Reply: What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?