Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:30 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

^so, if PAG postpones your delivery date a couple months (and you miss a good chunk of the driving season)...you are OK with that, "as long as your '14 is not on the same boat as a '15"?
Old 03-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my 2014 GT3 arrives towards the end of the driving season in Chicago I am not ok with that unless compensated.

If my 2014 arrives no matter what time of the year and the 2015 arrives at the same time or within a month or two I am not ok with that. I ordered a car to arrive early May to drive it not to put it in storage for the winter and I did not order a car that was at the end of its production year.

Just look at how many 2013 Porsche cars that are new on dealer lots with substantial discounts.

Why should those who get a 2014 when the 2015 is on the same boat deserve a substantial discount? You name the amount of $$$
Old 03-25-2014, 05:08 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
If my 2014 GT3 arrives towards the end of the driving season in Chicago I am not ok with that unless compensated.

If my 2014 arrives no matter what time of the year and the 2015 arrives at the same time or within a month or two I am not ok with that. I ordered a car to arrive early May to drive it not to put it in storage for the winter and I did not order a car that was at the end of its production year.

Just look at how many 2013 Porsche cars that are new on dealer lots with substantial discounts.

Why should those who get a 2014 when the 2015 is on the same boat deserve a substantial discount? You name the amount of $$$
I agree with you!!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:17 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

+1. Like buying end of the model year when the new car is out, but getting zero discount. Plus the cars still in production will get new engine last.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Clocked, if you don't like the deal what is your plan? 2015 lined up? Ferrari?
Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Getting old is a bitch! But I would hope we are ever wiser despite some of the occasional brain fade,
Yep, getting old and nothing I can do about it
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by green
Well, for the MY 2014's in production prospective owners, we don't have to pick up the cars if we don't like the terms of the deal. Simple as that.
Absolutely. I don't even have a deposit down. I can walk out of the dealership and they can keep it
Old 03-25-2014, 09:28 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Min. $25K off MSRP plus the 6 yr warranty. Anything less and they can keep it.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:55 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Default '14 middle children'

hey Clocked,
everything in this response is where I am coming from! Thanks!
I just wanted to get clarification from you.
We need to stick together if we want to get a reasonable deal from PAG/PCNA.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not too sure the dealers will be disappointed if people choose to walk away from their cars. There is no secondary market for the car used, the only few cars available are at dealers, and we hear anecdotally that they are asking over msrp. If the dealers stick together (and we know they talk), they can set the used price where ever they want. Plus PAG is off the hook for compensation.

And, if there are more buyers than cars, which is often repeated here, then the dealer wins. In that case, then walking away is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
hey Clocked,
everything in this response is where I am coming from! Thanks!
I just wanted to get clarification from you.
We need to stick together if we want to get a reasonable deal from PAG/PCNA.
+1
Old 03-25-2014, 10:47 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Default Fair Compensation

I hear you Bluehinder, but I hope PAG/PCNA realizes that situations like this will impact future buying decisions...so if PAG/PCNA wants to cut their nose off of their face and save a few bucks on this GT3 problem, say goodbye to many good, REPEAT clients.

QUOTE=Bluehinder;11243425]I'm not too sure the dealers will be disappointed if people choose to walk away from their cars. There is no secondary market for the car used, the only few cars available are at dealers, and we hear anecdotally that they are asking over msrp. If the dealers stick together (and we know they talk), they can set the used price where ever they want. Plus PAG is off the hook for compensation.

And, if there are more buyers than cars, which is often repeated here, then the dealer wins. In that case, then walking away is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GTEE3
I hear you Bluehinder, but I hope PAG/PCNA realizes that situations like this will impact future buying decisions...so if PAG/PCNA wants to cut their nose off of their face and save a few bucks on this GT3 problem, say goodbye to many good, REPEAT clients.

QUOTE=Bluehinder;11243425]I'm not too sure the dealers will be disappointed if people choose to walk away from their cars. There is no secondary market for the car used, the only few cars available are at dealers, and we hear anecdotally that they are asking over msrp. If the dealers stick together (and we know they talk), they can set the used price where ever they want. Plus PAG is off the hook for compensation.

And, if there are more buyers than cars, which is often repeated here, then the dealer wins. In that case, then walking away is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, there are many repeat buyers, loyal buyers, here. But, the meat and potatoes, the bread and butter of PAG is the Cayenne, Macan, etc, the grocery getters. In the end, it's about making a buck for the shareholders.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 252 Posts

I think you guys are just in a feeding frenzy now. Based on the discussions I had today those of us that have 2015s are at the back of the line. As I posted elsewhere porsche isn't going to go out of their way. I was told today that I'm basically starting the ordering process over. So the notion of 14s and 15s being on the same boat seem unrealistic. From what we gathered any car that has started production will finish production ASAP(after those who have taken delivery or have cars en route).

The feeling I've gotten in the last 48 hours is, that's it everyone else who hasn't started production will be asked to wait. So it's debatable on which model year is better given that the 14 guys, well they are going to finish what they started, us 15 guys well. It hasn't started. They will let us know when they decide to start.

Jeff

And you want to talk about maddening, GTEE3 and I placed our orders the same day. Same freeze date. His is a 14 and mine is a 15. Head scratcher no?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Good thoughts Jeff. But if I was a 2015 guy who hadn't started production, I'd be high-fiving it with my buddies. You will have the perfect cars.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?