Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Go man go!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Clocked- Relax, every thing will be fine. Your car will finish production with a new engine factory- installed. I would be shocked otherwise. I feel your pain but I am confident everything will play out. I know buying cars like these are emotional and not rational decisions but do not make an emotional decision and cancel before you give this time to play out so you can then make a rational decision. Have they provided a loaner??. I hope so and go out and enjoy that as this weather is turning and it will help keep your mind off things.

The last thing you want (and me neither) it to cancel early and then in 2 months some guy comes barreling down the highway in a Gt3 roaring like thunder. That would **** me off even worse. You can always cancel before taking possession so why not wait it out.

I hate to see people get overly consumed and upset over a toy. Now - I am guilty of all of the above so I am not pointing fingers just providing some advice which is helping me
Old 04-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The last thing you want (and me neither) it to cancel early and then in 2 months some guy comes barreling down the highway in a Gt3 roaring like thunder. That would **** me off even worse. You can always cancel before taking possession so why not wait it out.
So true
Old 04-12-2014, 05:51 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
So true
Agreed. It's frustrating, but might as well see how things turn out.

Otherwise--dumping your allocation / car really does nothing to "hurt" PAG, as Clocked has pointed out.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Also, do you not all want to hear from the first people who get the replacement engine in? Does it feel the same?? Does it feel livelier?/ Does it feel slower??. Maybe not a change at all from the previous engine(which is the news I am waiting for). This info for me is going to be important. If it is anything less than how people felt on the first engine I will have some serious reservations.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:22 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Also, do you not all want to hear from the first people who get the replacement engine in? Does it feel the same?? Does it feel livelier?/ Does it feel slower??. Maybe not a change at all from the previous engine(which is the news I am waiting for). This info for me is going to be important. If it is anything less than how people felt on the first engine I will have some serious reservations.
Very good point! For guys who have put some serious miles on their cars prior to the stop drive, it will he really interesting to hear how the replacement engine feels...
Old 04-12-2014, 07:49 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has any one who has been switched to 2015 confirmed we would get the same $2000/month compensation but it seems without the warranty.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Clocked
Racer

Jimmy-D, No loaner and I asked for one they said all you will get is the $2k per month. Dealer has no authority to give me a loaner.

To me every time I have purchased a exotic sports car it has been a great pleasure from ordering, to the excitement of waiting and then delivery and of course the first time you start it up to the last time you turn the key off.

This experience and lack of communication/information/etc I have lost all the excitement of delivery and not sure I will have it if and when I can start the car up.

Car buying for these types of cars is emotional.

Just an example my Ferrari 458 has been in storage since November, I can't wait to take the cover off, get in and start that engine. It gives me goose bump's just thinking about it.

The GT3 is the complete opposite. They way Porsche has done this for me has taken all the excitement out.

It just has and that is why I will see if they put in a defective engine next week and if they do. Done.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:06 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Jimmy-D, No loaner and I asked for one they said all you will get is the $2k per month. Dealer has no authority to give me a loaner.

To me every time I have purchased a exotic sports car it has been a great pleasure from ordering, to the excitement of waiting and then delivery and of course the first time you start it up to the last time you turn the key off.

This experience and lack of communication/information/etc I have lost all the excitement of delivery and not sure I will have it if and when I can start the car up.

Car buying for these types of cars is emotional.

Just an example my Ferrari 458 has been in storage since November, I can't wait to take the cover off, get in and start that engine. It gives me goose bump's just thinking about it.

The GT3 is the complete opposite. They way Porsche has done this for me has taken all the excitement out.

It just has and that is why I will see if they put in a defective engine next week and if they do. Done.
@clocked Who told you that you do not qualify for a loaner? Ian told me that I do have the option of a loaner and to call Porsche Customer Committment to set it up. You and I both have halted 2014 builds that stopped at V270. My understanding is that I can get a loaner starting the day delivery was supposed to occur, May 9 in my case, and continuing until my GT3 arrives. It is the 2015 people that will not get the loaners.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:11 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
Has any one who has been switched to 2015 confirmed we would get the same $2000/month compensation but it seems without the warranty.
Skuplist, I haven't confirmed anything yet, Atlanta told me our plan was still forth coming. $2k a month would be awesome..but I'm not setting expectations that high. Jeff

I did confirm no loaners for us.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Clocked- Hell - if I had known you had a 458 I would not of been so empathetic . Screw them in that case and enjoy the hell out of one of the best proven sports cars on the road today. Stop wasting your time emailing them ect. and fire that baby up.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little humor for the day from Porsche Customer Relations: An email from them today containing important information about your new 911 was headed: "Programming your Memory Seats". Those of you that ordered and paid for memory seats in your 2014 GT3 know you didn't get a memory function with the seats. They also mailed me a new window sticker with the same price but showing no memory function. Bait and Switch?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:36 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
A little humor for the day from Porsche Customer Relations: An email from them today containing important information about your new 911 was headed: "Programming your Memory Seats". Those of you that ordered and paid for memory seats in your 2014 GT3 know you didn't get a memory function with the seats. They also mailed me a new window sticker with the same price but showing no memory function. Bait and Switch?
Yep. Just love how they saved the weight of seat memory function / buttons AND the "weight" of having mirrors that tilt downward automatically in reverse. Geez.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:22 AM
Clocked
Racer

Mcsmcs1: When I spoke to Ian on Thursday I asked specifically do I get a loaner on May 2nd when my car was to arrive he said NO, you only qualify for the $2k. Again major lack of consistency how they are treating each customer. I may call him back on Monday. Would you mind privatly sharing your case number when I speak with Ian? If not I fully understand.

Ralleyporsche, I did not get an email about the memory seats which I did order.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:17 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Ralleyporsche, I did not get an email about the memory seats which I did order.
Just FYI, Clocked, the e-mail was a generic "Get to know your Porsche" kind of deal. The irony is that the 18 way sport plus seats on the GT3 do not come with the memory feature, even though the configurator originally said that they do.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?