Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
MAKHNO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Porsche can't source the new parts fast enough or for those of you who are DIY'ers, you can get the missing parts here:

http://store.ferrari.com/en/collecti...od-screws.html
Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
More like a disaster waiting to happen. On a hot day, the MP4-12C will heat soak like crazy after a few laps due to the heat from the twin turbos. The 458 will be much better due to the normally aspirated engine, but I am not sure the 458 is a hard core track car.
Scud.. picked up my blue Scud a few months ago and while my GT3 is sitting in my Garage until everything gets settled, I have put over 600 track miles on it at COTA, no issues at all. 458 is a great car, but to me the Scud has a lot more "feel" on the track.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:07 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

^laptimes at Cota? Mike
Old 03-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
^laptimes at Cota? Mike
28's, best yesterday was in the 27's lots of traffic, it was a BMW CCA track day.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:33 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
I was at the dealer couple weeks ago and a GT owner dropped off his car and here is his other car. Thought you might like Everyone including me were stunned how slick this car looked. OK, back to GT3 compensation and stop sale
Thanks these are great pictures, although the pictures do not do them justice or capture all the body curves. They look much better in person. Thanks again. Mark
Old 03-24-2014, 02:35 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Thank you for your kind words, it is much appreciated

Yeh the autodrome is a fantastic track. I actually prefer it to the Yas F1 track. I find it a lot more technical with elevation changes and two "bowls" that are really challenging.

Yeh it does get pretty hot and I applaud you for taking a boxster out in mid summer here. As you pointed out it gets so hot that we try to avoid any activities that involves the outdoors for the summer months! yet you take a porsche boxster spyder to the track! Good on you buddy.

Please let me know the next time your in town. Would be a pleasure to meet you and go grab a couple of cold ones.

Cheers
Thanks bud. I will take you up on the offer.
Good luck with your compensation negotiation and please let us know how it went. mark
Old 03-24-2014, 08:12 AM
gonzobreeder
Advanced

yep the longer this goes on the more I am thinking McLaren like a few other people here
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,431 Likes on 2,521 Posts

I had a dream last night in which I had a white 991 GT3. Having a chance to finally drive it, I liked it overall, but was still a bit ambivalent about the PDK. When I woke up, I realized it was a 991 GT3 motorcycle.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:44 AM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0Q991
How long does the clutch last, in terms of mileage?
Normal driving or track? I have 8800 miles on my Scud and last time I checked the clutch wear it was at 90%. The previous owner really babied the car so I figure in the 3k miles I've put on since the last check, it's probably around 85-87%. I haven't tracked this car yet but everything I've read has said the clutch is very strong.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RossL
Normal driving or track? I have 8800 miles on my Scud and last time I checked the clutch wear it was at 90%. The previous owner really babied the car so I figure in the 3k miles I've put on since the last check, it's probably around 85-87%. I haven't tracked this car yet but everything I've read has said the clutch is very strong.
Thanks for the reply. Wow--that's encouraging. As I've been waiting for the engine swap, have been (like others) exploring options and the Scud is the most tempting one...
Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

We are not the only ones.......

Firefighters extinguished a dramatic fire Sunday after an SUV erupted in flames during a test drive in Anaheim, authorities said.

No one was injured in the incident, which occurred in a residential neighborhood.

yukon
Flames engulfed a GMC Yukon on a residential street in Anaheim on March 23, 2014.

The Anaheim Fire Department responded about 2 p.m. to the 2500 block of East Wagner Avenue (map) after several 911 callers reported the fire, said Lt. Tim Schmidt of the Anaheim Police Department.

The blaze, which engulfed a 2015 GMC Yukon, was knocked down within minutes, according to police.

“It appeared that the car had some oil leak or some fluid leaking prior, as they were doing the test drive,” Schmidt said. “They lost complete control of the vehicle but were able to safely park it and pull it to the curb.

“When they got out of the vehicle, it shortly started having smoke and then quickly went into flames, as you can see on the video,” Schmidt said.

Multiple witnesses used their mobile phones to capture footage of the blaze, which caused the SUV’s tires to burst and sent black plumes of smoke into the air.

“Everyone kept thinking: Is it going to explode one more time? Because it looked like the gas tank was still there, intact,” said Sergio Luna, who witnessed the incident. “So that was the big fear: If it does go off, what’s going to happen?”

According to authorities, the Yukon was parked in a location that likely contributed to the lack of injuries and additional damage.

“We’re very lucky that no one got hurt, and it was in an area that … was safe,” Schmidt said. “If there was any place that was going to be safe, it would be this area. It’s very open. It worked out for us.”

http://social.newsinc.com/media/json...AUb99MV4.email
Old 03-24-2014, 11:39 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^^Glad no one was hurt.

From a personal standpoint, my GM stock is likely to continue to get slaughtered with another investigation on top of all the recent recalls.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0Q991
^^Glad no one was hurt.

From a personal standpoint, my GM stock is likely to continue to get slaughtered with another investigation on top of all the recent recalls.
Is anyone going to have a GT3 with their engine replaced and recall work completed in time to record some lap times to compare to my Z/28 arriving in a month?

Be interesting to compare a fat, heavy, analog car with a manual transmission, a mechanical diff, no rear wheel steering and track-oriented seats with...the opposite (at twice the price).

I freely admit the Z/28's primary shortcoming, no deviated stitching option, may be off putting to some.

Seems the fat-boy ran a 1:36.17 on a technical, 30 degree temp, wet track back in Feb (Barber).

Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RossL
You mean the clutch wear is 90% or 10%?
I think you mean to say 10%
Old 03-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by savyboy
Is anyone going to have a GT3 with their engine replaced and recall work completed in time to record some lap times to compare to my Z/28 arriving in a month?

Be interesting to compare a fat, heavy, analog car with a manual transmission, a mechanical diff, no rear wheel steering and track-oriented seats with...the opposite (at twice the price).

I freely admit the Z/28's primary shortcoming, no deviated stitching option, may be off putting to some.

Seems the fat-boy ran a 1:36.17 on a technical, 30 degree temp, wet track back in Feb (Barber).

Still comparing your no AC, no radio track car to a GT3... Sigh. Try comparing that to a Viper ACR and get back to us.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?