Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 12:54 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Congrat's Mark. What would we do without competition?
Thanks bud. Hope you get your GT3 soon. Not sure what is worse... Having the car for almost a month then taken away from you, or not able to drive it or experience it at all yet. Mark
Old 03-22-2014, 01:38 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Impressive fall back, you now have the bases covered in first class fashion
Thanks for sharing the high road you have choosen
and continued support in spite of, well , such weak communication
Thanks Deacon for the kind words.... You are such a gentleman. Mark
Old 03-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I will post few pictures of the Mclaren when I take position. Mark
Looking forward to the pictures, Mark, hope the car is all you expect. Congrats!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:52 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Looking forward to the pictures, Mark, hope the car is all you expect. Congrats!
Thanks Mike. I hope so to. I don't think it will ever fill the GT3 shoes but at least something to use for the track for now, and also a fall back, in the slim chance Porsche does not do right by us. I am a Porsche die hard fan, so I have great faith in them to do the right thing. Mark
Old 03-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Thanks Mike. I hope so to. I don't think it will ever fill the GT3 shoes but at least something to use for the track for now, and also a fall back, in the slim chance Porsche does not do right by us. I am a Porsche die hard fan, so I have great faith in them to do the right thing. Mark
I test drive one for about 2 hours a couple of weeks ago.

Such a great car but I'll be honest I didn't get out thinking " ok I want this instead I my Gt3"

It is blisteringly fast though.

A friend of mine tracked one hard though and told me that after 3 to 4 laps the temperature gauge started to rise so I'm not sure you'll be able to track it hard for very long Sessions.

It might be just the heat here in the UAE

Enjoy in good health and pics when you get it
Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 AM
QQQ1970
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
+1.

To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm realising that things are going pretty well considering the circumstances.

It's unfortunate what has happened of course, but after having driven the car and with what I know so far( as mentioned above) I will not be giving this car back for a 2015.

Reasons

1. This car is amazing to drive
2. This car is amazing to drive
3. From what I've heard the 2015 will be getting a price increase( at least here in the middle east). I certainly don't want to be paying more.
4. 2015 allocations might be delayed due to all that is going on. We are in march and you still can't place an order for a 2015. Usually this would be he month you place an order to receive your car in August/September as a 2015 model year. I'm not going to wait another year ( if not more) to get a car that is basically the same as a 2014.
5. Will I even be able to get an allocation for a 2015. some are saying there might be a smaller run of 2015 production due to the issues and delays with the 2014 as well as the added costs porsche have had to now endure with the engine rebuilding and air freighting all around the world.
6.after speaking with the head service manager here he told me that changing the engine would take a total of around 4 hours. It's so easy with these new cars, it's plug and play. He said if he gets the engine in the morning I'll be driving the car in the afternoon.
8. With the extended warranty I can drive this car for 6 years with no worries. The 2015 will only come with 2 years.
7. Did I mention this car is amazing to drive!!

At the end of the day, there is a lot we don't know about how many 2015 allocations are going to be set and when as well.

We don't know if they will be delayed or released earlier, but I'm not willing to take that risk.

I have a car, that's perfect in every way to me.no way I'm letting her go.

I know many if you will not agree but this is my view on the subject having owned and driven the car for 3 weeks both on the track and on the public roads

I really do believe the people who have bailed will regret it in the long run.

Oh yeh, did I mentions this car is amazing to drive

Cheers
I don't own a Porsche and am dreaming to own a GT3. Have been following this thread closely and this is the most reassuring post that this is still the car to go for, despite all that has happened.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:30 AM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RINGMEISTER27
My life boat is a 458. Ordered her last week. Boom
What did they quote you for delivery date?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Track guys falling back on Fiats and Mclarens... It's like the twilight zone...
Old 03-22-2014, 10:29 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Track guys falling back on Fiats and Mclarens... It's like the twilight zone...
More like a disaster waiting to happen. On a hot day, the MP4-12C will heat soak like crazy after a few laps due to the heat from the twin turbos. The 458 will be much better due to the normally aspirated engine, but I am not sure the 458 is a hard core track car.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by QQQ1970
I don't own a Porsche and am dreaming to own a GT3. Have been following this thread closely and this is the most reassuring post that this is still the car to go for, despite all that has happened.
As I wrote before, the market (demand) will be the most important factor determining the compensation offered by PAG. As both owners and potential owners keep gushing about how irreplaceable the car is, PAG can offer whatever they want and give full refunds to anyone that rejects the deal. Then they sell them at msrp or a small loss to the hungry, clamoring masses. Ironically, the more people "defend" the car and PAG the worse deal they are likely to get.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:39 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
As I wrote before, the market (demand) will be the most important factor determining the compensation offered by PAG. As both owners and potential owners keep gushing about how irreplaceable the car is, PAG can offer whatever they want and give full refunds to anyone that rejects the deal. Then they sell them at msrp or a small loss to the hungry, clamoring masses. Ironically, the more people "defend" the car and PAG the worse deal they are likely to get.
Not really. The title will forever be tarnished, and will state "Manufacturer Buy-back". If anyone buys such a vehicle from Porsche, I wish you the best of luck when you try to sell the car in a few years with the "Manufacturer Buy-back" title.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:41 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Yikes. Just got back from a track day and finally caught up with the posts...

My SA told me last wednesday, 3/19, that my allocation was still on schedule for completion 4/25. Who know if that still holds true today...?
Mine did too last wednesday... then it went blank on all dates and said "V170 PAG Handling Necessary". That was all. Nothing else.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by RINGMEISTER27
My life boat is a 458. Ordered her last week. Boom
Your dealership had an immediate allocation? If so, where are you located?
Old 03-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Not really. The title will forever be tarnished, and will state "Manufacturer Buy-back". If anyone buys such a vehicle from Porsche, I wish you the best of luck when you try to sell the car in a few years with the "Manufacturer Buy-back" title.
I don't think that is how it will be handled. The Porsche dealers will 'quietly' buy any gt3 back from those that choose to go that route and then re-sell to new customers as legitimate used cars. No questions, no problems - you get your money back & they get the gt3 back! Porsche will take care of the dealers in the 'back end' if there is any 'financial losses' in the re-sale of these cars. We don't yet know what the market will be for these cars...there might not be significant losses involved. The cars will have clean titles. These are not 'lemons' per se and PCNA will tell dealers to avoid 'Lemon Law' process at all costs. There will be no need for 'Manufacturer Buy-Back' titles in this case.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-22-2014, 01:40 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
I don't think that is how it will be handled. The Porsche dealers will 'quietly' buy any gt3 back from those that choose to go that route and then re-sell to new customers as legitimate used cars. No questions, no problems - you get your money back & they get the gt3 back! Porsche will take care of the dealers in the 'back end' if there is any 'financial losses' in the re-sale of these cars. We don't yet know what the market will be for these cars...there might not be significant losses involved. The cars will have clean titles. These are not 'lemons' per se and PCNA will tell dealers to avoid 'Lemon Law' process at all costs. There will be no need for 'Manufacturer Buy-Back' titles in this case.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Great points, and I agree that the "trade in" method is a sneaky way to avoid the "branded title" issue. The liability to Porsche is if this gets investigated as a method to bypass the normal manufacturer buy-back process.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?