Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
So Porsche brings 991 RS, 919, and 918 to Shanghai where they only care about SUV's.
I see far more Ferraris on the road in China than I do in silicon valley.
Conspicuous consumption is in and the market is taking off- no surprise to me that Porsche would bring the bling.

Not to say that the US couldn't use a little more love.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:25 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
Sweet! ... the ring in 7:15?
Nope, better....I have heard closer to the 7:10 mark from chassis guru at factory but they must be reaffirming the time with actual production car vs pre-production car before publishing time. As I have stated before I was surprised by the "slow" time they published at RS release as word was that they had destroyed the 7:20 time quite some time before car was unveiled.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

Crap, now after all these pictures I can't decide between LO and silver.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:13 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

easy. just choose purple.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:14 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I feel your pain....might as well throw white in there too. Once my build is official I will probably go down to the wire before locking my color choice. The only color I do not desire is purple....sorry Barney fans...
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2015, 11:26 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
No purple for me.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:02 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

No purple for me.
You know what's unfortunate? If getting an allocation wasn't so difficult, I'd actually order both an LO and a UV car (his and hers). That is, of course, if the PTS door remains shut.

With UV, since the interior is forced to have GT Silver deviated stitching and seat belts, I'd have the brake calipers painted Silver to match. Black wheels. Done.

Sadly, I'm still allocation-less, so this is a moot (not mooty!) point, really.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,246 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
You know what's unfortunate? If getting an allocation wasn't so difficult, I'd actually order both an LO and a UV car (his and hers). That is, of course, if the PTS door remains shut.

With UV, since the interior is forced to have GT Silver deviated stitching and seat belts, I'd have the brake calipers painted Silver to match. Black wheels. Done.

Sadly, I'm still allocation-less, so this is a moot (not mooty!) point, really.
But why are you allocation-less? It would seem that you have bought and sold several cars to have established some kind of dealer relationship, right? I'm just a younger newbie who doesn't like stealerships and buys cars from mortal sellers so I'm shut out of any possible allocation. I jave to wait till Mooty or TrakCar want to sell me their RS.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:41 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
But why are you allocation-less? It would seem that you have bought and sold several cars to have established some kind of dealer relationship, right? I'm just a younger newbie who doesn't like stealerships and buys cars from mortal sellers so I'm shut out of any possible allocation. Have to wait till Mooty or TrakCar want to sell me their RS.
Ah, the truth? At risk of sounding like I'm whining, which is definitely not my intention, I'm allocation-less because the 918 Spyder VIP program caused enough US allocations to be consumed where I had deposits down such that I didn't make the cut.

PCNA created the 918 Spyder VIP program in an attempt to sell more 918's when 918 sales were slumping in the US (they picked up towards the end). The problem is, PAG didn't increase GT car production to account for the fact that many of the 911 GT loyalists didn't buy a 918 Spyder (such as myself, mooty, TRAKCAR). Thus the 918 Spyder VIP program would generate additional GT car demand since you now have more financially well off individuals being presented a guaranteed opportunity to buy "rare" cars when perhaps they might have passed on them in the past.

(To your other point, I've bought a ton of cars over the past ~15 years, especially Porsches. But I haven't been so fortunate in the past, with respect to finding a dealership that doesn't eventually do something that I hate, and thus I have to rebuild the relationship elsewhere.)
Old 04-22-2015, 02:54 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

To all the comments about China not buying this car, I was at the show (see my other post) and surprised to learn that even China has sold out of its allocations. It's not a big number to begin with (say less than 1/10th of the US) but in a market that largely thinks of Porsches as Cayenne Turbos, this is really something...
Old 04-22-2015, 04:12 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Green Lantern, I really have a difficult time believing that a dealership isn't willing to take your money on 1 let alone two RS's. It's no secret that the RS will not be seeing a numerically written limited number. So I'd go to a dealership, lay down a fat chunk of deposit and say, I know you're out of Allocations, but when the next round of allocations comes out, I want it. Almost undoubtedly, they'll find one for you, even if that means a trade with another dealership. Don't be afraid to go out of state. But definitely try to find a dealer you like that's nearby if possible, simply because if they think you may/will service with them, they're more likely to find an allocation(s) for you. Best of luck!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:20 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 435 Likes on 261 Posts

LO looks more salmon than red
better Silver in real light
Old 04-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I agree with the above; however, at least in Canada there are people on the list for future allocations. There is no doubt that the first batch of allocations is nothing like 100% of planned RS production. Of course, it seems pretty likely that there will be an RS.2 beyond this model anyway. Keep trying
Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

new yorkers already know the motorsport lineage! lol
they are a tough bunch, give 'em more spyders...
When I was at the NY autoshow, I had the boxster spyder to myself. Could open the doors etc with literally no one else looking at it. Yet the McLaren stand had a queue to get in..

Lots of race cars there, even Infiniti with an F1 car, Lexus had their RC F GT3 concept, Acura had something too..

Old 04-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.ferdinandmagazine.com/por...record-attempt

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread