Sponsored by:

991GT3 US allocations

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Not being able to park the car in a garage would be an issue depending where you stay.
Absolutely. For just that reason, we tailored the Porsche trips to travel to scenic areas in Germany, Austria and Switzerland where I could get secure parking at the hotels in small towns where we stayed. We save the crowded venues for when we have a rental car or are traveling by train. Rome, Vienna, Munich, Paris, what have you; big cities, narrow streets, major traffic, and your new GT3 is not a comfortable combination AFAIC.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 AM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing yet from my dealer. We are almost in July already come on PORSCHE get this show on the road and give us a date already. Yeah yeah yeah yeah be patient this or the other. If a date is not given soon I know I will probably shift to something else who knows a fully restored long hood with a killer engine perhaps. Dont get me wrong I want a 991 GT3, but the fact of the matter is that I have more fun today in my 1987 911 than my 991S and this is no criticism towards my 991S its just that in all honesty I have more fun with older cars I can tinker with.

Yes I know its a thread on US allocations, but not much to talk about there we dont know end of story.

PDK this PDK that Manual this Manual that, the truth of the matter is that for every person that walks away from a 991 GT3 there will be at least 2 or 3 willing to buy one because its got a PDK. So for those all upset about not having a manual in the upcoming car just buy a 997 GT3 and have fun with it.

So yes to go back to the topic of this thread......PORSCHE HURRY THE ..... UP and give us a date.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 95 Posts

Are you referring to the exact date of production? I know Porsche is giving estimates i.e. first quarter 2014 but how far in advance do they give exact dates?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:24 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Not surprised: allocations all taken, and the one you could find was a premium. There is always a dealer like that. Back when the 997 GT3 came out, a few dealers kept allocations for themselves and attempted to speculate on those. I think one was a dealer in Philly; that was my recollection when I visited them while on business in the area.

Since there's almost 200 dealers in the US I think you have a bit more calling to do!

Bingo.
Frayed, did you find out what the Austin total allocation was through end of 2014? I missed the cut, which would mean they only got 4?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by toplabels
Nothing yet from my dealer. We are almost in July already come on PORSCHE get this show on the road and give us a date already. Yeah yeah yeah yeah be patient this or the other. If a date is not given soon I know I will probably shift to something else who knows a fully restored long hood with a killer engine perhaps. Dont get me wrong I want a 991 GT3, but the fact of the matter is that I have more fun today in my 1987 911 than my 991S and this is no criticism towards my 991S its just that in all honesty I have more fun with older cars I can tinker with.

Yes I know its a thread on US allocations, but not much to talk about there we dont know end of story.

PDK this PDK that Manual this Manual that, the truth of the matter is that for every person that walks away from a 991 GT3 there will be at least 2 or 3 willing to buy one because its got a PDK. So for those all upset about not having a manual in the upcoming car just buy a 997 GT3 and have fun with it.

So yes to go back to the topic of this thread......PORSCHE HURRY THE ..... UP and give us a date.
IMHO sounds like you should definitely cancel the 991 GT3 order and get yourself a nice 993 or old school long hood. There's no other new car that comes close to the GT3 for the price really. Globally Porsche are struggling to meet demand for the GT3 so someone else will take your spot quickly. Regardless of whether its been communicated to you yet the production date will be the production date. I think the US has been screwed up by Porsche USA promising 918 owners first reserve, In my mind thats the only reason I can see for slow communication of allocation vs the ROW where we all have visibility now...
Old 06-26-2013, 05:36 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Frayed, did you find out what the Austin total allocation was through end of 2014? I missed the cut, which would mean they only got 4?
That I don't know. I do know they have a November build, then mine is next, sometime in Q1. Right now we are sorting through logistics on Euro delivery to determine exact timing.

I seem to recall they have 6-8 on the list? Not sure.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

That I don't know. I do know they have a November build, then mine is next, sometime in Q1. Right now we are sorting through logistics on Euro delivery to determine exact timing.

I seem to recall they have 6-8 on the list? Not sure.
UNless you know the exact date of production it is difficult to plan a ED. When do you get that information?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:52 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Nick
UNless you know the exact date of production it is difficult to plan a ED. When do you get that information?
Do not know.

My calculation is as follows: if ED doesn't delay delivery and ED is in May or June, then I'm a go. But if my production date is early in Q1 for a Feb/early March delivery, I may skip ED.

It seems most likely that regular US delivery would be close enough to May that I'd not mind the extra wait.

I'll let you know when I learn more but PCNA is trying to be accommodating about ED.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

It will be interesting regarding the allocations should the press reviews on the car be luke warm or negative. It is possible some on the list will drop out which could have an impact on delivery dates. If one person drops from the list, I move from second quarter to first quarter.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

34 dealers later, I managed to secure a GT3 allocation at MSRP. 2nd Quarter 2014 Build. Deposit down, receipt in hand !

I also found one more at MSRP, East Coast, if anyone is interested.

Ryan

Not surprised: allocations all taken, and the one you could find was a premium. There is always a dealer like that. Back when the 997 GT3 came out, a few dealers kept allocations for themselves and attempted to speculate on those. I think one was a dealer in Philly; that was my recollection when I visited them while on business in the area.

Since there's almost 200 dealers in the US I think you have a bit more calling to do!

Bingo.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Found out this AM that I have a December 2013 build--very relieved to be #1 at my dealer in SW Florida. Since ordering I have moved to Austin and looking forward to tracking at COTA. Had my 991S there 2 weeks ago and it was an eye-opener compared to previous home tracks of Sebring and Daytona.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great news Ryan. Congrats. Huge effort but will be worth it. Looks like we are getting towards the end of potential allocations un spoken for for GT3 in USA. I guess out of maybe 1100 or so allocated to NA dealers in 2013/2014 there will still be a few dozen orders left if one is prepared t make 200 phone calls!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:19 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Salj
Found out this AM that I have a December 2013 build--very relieved to be #1 at my dealer in SW Florida. Since ordering I have moved to Austin and looking forward to tracking at COTA. Had my 991S there 2 weeks ago and it was an eye-opener compared to previous home tracks of Sebring and Daytona.
Good for you. Hope you like Austin; I've been here since 1998 and love it. I'm looking forward to COTA. Did you find it more challenging?

Originally Posted by reidry
34 dealers later, I managed to secure a GT3 allocation at MSRP. 2nd Quarter 2014 Build. Deposit down, receipt in hand !
Congrats, especially on the 2nd quarter build so late in the game!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reidry

I also found one more at MSRP, East Coast, if anyone is interested.

Ryan
Great news! Where did you find it?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 970 Posts

So bulk of GT3 to come 2014 as a mix of 2014/2015 model years.

RS to start deliveries 2015 as 2015/2016 model year.

Quick Reply: 991GT3 US allocations