Sponsored by:

991GT3 US allocations

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Switzerland is the place to be. When I'm in Europe not working I spend my time in Munchen (Wife's from there) and Geneva (Dutch friend lives there) if I'd ever move back it would be there. just beautiful. And the beer

High smoking CA finest and sarcastic.

I holland a head above the rest gets his head cut off. Or at a minimum his car keyed lol. Kliklijn anyone?
Belgium's biggest hobby/pastime must be evasion. Think Italy without guns.

Only good part in Holland no capital gains :-)

Hey Pete, I guess you are Dutch ?
Same here, my kids are studying in Holland, and was thinking about buying a house and a car there, but as you said they are taxing too much
I am thinking Germany now, houses and cars have way better prices, imagine a 991 GT3 before options going for 195k Euro, that is double the price from the States, while germany is still higher than the States, it is a lot more reasonable at 137k euro

Mike
Old 07-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike2727

Same here, my kids are studying in Holland, and was thinking about buying a house and a car there, but as you said they are taxing too much
I am thinking Germany now, houses and cars have way better prices, imagine a 991 GT3 before options going for 195k Euro, that is double the price from the States, while germany is still higher than the States, it is a lot more reasonable at 137k euro

Mike
The Dutch price for the GT3 is insane. It's inbetween the Turbo and Turbo S.
I'm Dutch too, but I'm glad that I don't have to buy a car in Holland anymore moved to Belgium first and bought an Audi S5 for 68% of the Dutch price. Now I live in Switzerland because the companytaxes in Belgium were way too high in my case.
GT3 in Belgium is €141.000,- and their taxes on cars are a lot lower. You pay a tax named "BIV" (Belasting op inverkeerstelling) once €4957,- in case of the GT3. After that it's €1603,-/year (verkeersbelasting, vergelijkbaar met NL wegenbelasting).
Only insurance in Belgium is higher than Holland, but that's the same in Germany.
Both Gernany and Belgium are nice options I think, depending on where your kids study.

Suzy991
Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suzy991
The Dutch price for the GT3 is insane. It's inbetween the Turbo and Turbo S.
I'm Dutch too, but I'm glad that I don't have to buy a car in Holland anymore moved to Belgium first and bought an Audi S5 for 68% of the Dutch price. Now I live in Switzerland because the companytaxes in Belgium were way too high in my case.
GT3 in Belgium is €141.000,- and their taxes on cars are a lot lower. You pay a tax named "BIV" (Belasting op inverkeerstelling) once €4957,- in case of the GT3. After that it's €1603,-/year (verkeersbelasting, vergelijkbaar met NL wegenbelasting).
Only insurance in Belgium is higher than Holland, but that's the same in Germany.
Both Gernany and Belgium are nice options I think, depending on where your kids study.

Suzy991
Hey Suzy991

Yes my kids study in Arnhem, so I was thinking Kleeve and surrounding area, I would save around $ 60k Euro on the GT3 alone, which could be a nice downpayment on a house

I saw that too that the GT3 price is in between the Turbo and Turbo S price, my guess is that it has to do with the CO2 tax they have implemented recently instead of the BPM tax
But that is Holland they do not get rid of any tax, they just rename it LOL
That is why I live in Aruba

Mike
Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Suzy991

Yes my kids study in Arnhem, so I was thinking Kleeve and surrounding area, I would save around $ 60k Euro on the GT3 alone, which could be a nice downpayment on a house

I saw that too that the GT3 price is in between the Turbo and Turbo S price, my guess is that it has to do with the CO2 tax they have implemented recently instead of the BPM tax
But that is Holland they do not get rid of any tax, they just rename it LOL
That is why I live in Aruba

Mike
Yes you're completely right about that

If they study in Arnhem, than it's obviously more practical to go live in Germany indeed. Houses in Germany are still very nicely priced and will be nicely priced for coming years I guess. Good luck with finding a nice house and car of course
Groetjes uit Zwitserland

Suzy991
Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Yes you're completely right about that

If they study in Arnhem, than it's obviously more practical to go live in Germany indeed. Houses in Germany are still very nicely priced and will be nicely priced for coming years I guess. Good luck with finding a nice house and car of course
Groetjes uit Zwitserland

Suzy991
Bedankt Suzy991

Groetjes uit Aruba :-)
Mike
Old 07-12-2013, 11:07 AM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What have any of these last posts got to do with a GT3 allocations. Must admit that Carrera GT's post regarding california was brilliant sarcasm. Wow and I thought i could be sarcastic, but his post just beat any of my sarcasms any day of the week and twice on sunday.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:37 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

Ive got the (now second because of lazyness) allocation at one of my local dealers. Specced it out pretty well too. Rhodium silver/black full leather with silver stitching, PCCBs, Front Axel Lift, clear tail lights, full LED light package, leather vents, dark anthracite aluminum interior trim, fire extinguisher, headlight washers painted body color, sound package with PCM and Im sure a couple other things I'm forgetting.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by toplabels
What have any of these last posts got to do with a GT3 allocations. Must admit that Carrera GT's post regarding california was brilliant sarcasm. Wow and I thought i could be sarcastic, but his post just beat any of my sarcasms any day of the week and twice on sunday.
Always nice to hear I've entertained someone. : )
Old 07-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Ive got the (now second because of lazyness) allocation at one of my local dealers. Specced it out pretty well too. Rhodium silver/black full leather with silver stitching, PCCBs, Front Axel Lift, clear tail lights, full LED light package, leather vents, dark anthracite aluminum interior trim, fire extinguisher, headlight washers painted body color, sound package with PCM and Im sure a couple other things I'm forgetting.
I didn't even know there was "dark anthracite aluminum interior trim" as an option (or is that the description of the normal GT3 cabin?
Since you're going for leather vents, I'll suggest two things: leather on the steering column is a very nice touch and directly in your line of sight every time you drive; and, Alcantara sunvisor covers are much nicer than the default vinyl stuff.

I'm thinking about Rhodi silver, too. But I want to see it first. I think contrast stitching is "okay" but it gets bit dated, as do the clear tail lights (they look a bit cheap after market, to my eye, at least on the 997's.)
Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I didn't even know there was "dark anthracite aluminum interior trim" as an option (or is that the description of the normal GT3 cabin?
Since you're going for leather vents, I'll suggest two things: leather on the steering column is a very nice touch and directly in your line of sight every time you drive; and, Alcantara sunvisor covers are much nicer than the default vinyl stuff.

I'm thinking about Rhodi silver, too. But I want to see it first. I think contrast stitching is "okay" but it gets bit dated, as do the clear tail lights (they look a bit cheap after market, to my eye, at least on the 997's.)
No they dont!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Mike
yes, Dutch been here since 1990 though.

You in Hollywood or Aruba?
Do you know Erik?
Had and Orange RS and then he bought my first '10RS, his brother lives in Aruba. Erik and his brother grew up in Bonaire but they both spent some time in Arnhem I think. Their dad still lives in Bonaire.

I's stick to Germany for sure.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT

The anthracite aluminum is an added option under the Interior-Auluminum section.
And yes, I did do the steering column in leather though ( I knew I left out a couple things. I didnt do the sunshades though...) I LOVE contrast stitching after getting my 13 Cayenne GTS with with Peridot Green Interior Package, so that I had no doubt about. As far as ext color...I had a really hard time btw agate grey and the rhodium, but the rhodium is supposed to be a brilliant color and because I'm only going to have the car until the new RS comes out...I figured why not go a little different (normally I do dark/stealth colors).
Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
yes, Dutch been here since 1990 though.

You in Hollywood or Aruba?
Do you know Erik?
Had and Orange RS and then he bought my first '10RS, his brother lives in Aruba. Erik and his brother grew up in Bonaire but they both spent some time in Arnhem I think. Their dad still lives in Bonaire.

I's stick to Germany for sure.
Hey Peter

I am in Aruba since 1988, and come to Hollywood on a regular basis
I know a lot of Erik's, you have a last name ?

I am selling the track BMW, do not have time to drive it
Now looking to buy a house in Germany so the kids have a place to stay
and maybe buy a 991 GT3 over there to try out the tracks in Germany/Belgium, if I can find the time to go there

Mike
Old 07-12-2013, 04:10 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone getting the $1,710 Addition Leather package for the front portion of the dash (closest to windshield...)?

I'm getting the "and leather," and have been going back and forth whether or not to go for the front dash too...

0Q991
Old 07-12-2013, 04:22 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Anyone getting the $1,710 Addition Leather package for the front portion of the dash (closest to windshield...)?

I'm getting the "and leather," and have been going back and forth whether or not to go for the front dash too...

0Q991
Thats one I didn't go for. No one I talked to said it was even close to worth it. I'd say do the leather steering column and and vent though, they look pretty great.

Quick Reply: 991GT3 US allocations