991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991GT3 US allocations

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013 | 07:53 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

I seem to be a little late to the party. Currently a Corvette ZR1 owner looking to move to Porsche. I just discovered the 2014 GT3 a few weeks ago and have spoken with several dealers, so far no luck getting anywhere close to an allocatino this year or next.

If anyone can point me to a dealer that may have a GT3 allocation available I would be very appreciative.

reid dot ryan dot c at gmail dot com

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Old 06-24-2013 | 07:59 PM
Horstair
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
that if a dealer sells a European Delivery car (for which they pay Porsche $4k) they will get an additional allocation of the model sold, incl GT3!
Don't think that's right...My dealer says they're not getting an additional or free allocation for GT3s under ED...only for other P-cars.
Old 06-24-2013 | 08:16 PM
frayed
Race Car

Nick, I'm number 2. My slot came in Q1. Perhaps all the number 1 guys get Q4 cars? Not sure. Perhaps my dealer doesn't have the stroke larger volume dealers do?

@mc. Yes. I've several cars from them including my prior 997.1 GT3. The manager emailed me today. Where are you on the list?

Euro delivery: historically an extra allocation would be given in exchange for euro delivery. I get the impression that this is not a hard and fast rule, but more of a 'thank you' from PAG for sending a customer to the motherland. Marketing folks at PAG believe that those who do euro delivery become lifelong customers after drinking the cool-aide. Err I mean beer.

Still no word on whether ED works this way for the GT3. If not, I will not do it and delay delivery. I'd really like to get the new car sooner rather than later. Will have to do ED on the next rig.
Old 06-24-2013 | 08:47 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

I just received word my build is second quarter 2014. My dealer got 9 cars total for this year and next. The good news is probably more options by then including sport bucket seats. Bad news is if leasing or financing the car it will be more costly because interest rates will be going up by the end or beginning of next year. Also, there is a distinct possibility that Porsche may raise the price of the car depending on how well it is received.
Old 06-24-2013 | 09:26 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by reidry
I seem to be a little late to the party. Currently a Corvette ZR1 owner looking to move to Porsche. I just discovered the 2014 GT3 a few weeks ago and have spoken with several dealers, so far no luck getting anywhere close to an allocatino this year or next.

If anyone can point me to a dealer that may have a GT3 allocation available I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
^^same boat as me. I am second on the list at my dealer, the only one in town, so who knows when it will come. At this point I am planning on next year.
Old 06-24-2013 | 09:51 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

I am number 4 or 5 on the list at my dealer and my salesperson called me a little while ago. They are getting 8 cars and mine is slotted for Q2. Won't know exact build date until 90 days out, if I understood him correctly. Exciting!!
Old 06-24-2013 | 10:59 PM
john weires
Pro

Default News flash on GT-3 allocations

News flash: I talked with my Porsche dealer late this afternoon.
He says he heard from his Porsche rep today and he would be emailing the actual
GT-3 allocations to him tonight. I expect a call from my dealer first thing tomorrow to get in line for what I consider to be a very exciting car.
Old 06-24-2013 | 11:37 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by reidry

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
I find your post entertaining. Because there are multiple posts on the forum claiming that there's no demand for the new Carerra GTS and anyone can just get on the list and get one ordered up.

Funny how folks make up facts based on what they want to believe.
Old 06-24-2013 | 11:42 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Not familiar with the Q1-4 system. Anyone care to explain. I'm guessing it refers to production timing based on quarter years but why is it so important at this point?

Edit" NVM I got it, everyone is talking about 2014 which makes sense now why Q1 2014 is a long time from now...
Old 06-25-2013 | 12:18 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by frayed
I find your post entertaining. Because there are multiple posts on the forum claiming that there's no demand for the new Carerra GTS and anyone can just get on the list and get one ordered up.

Glad I could bring a smile to your day!

My wife has been the best sport for years, we've owned a number of sports cars, all manuals; she even tolerates my other dedicated track car. As for my wife, she struggles to drive a manual - she'll tell you, "My mind just doesn't work that way." BTW her daily driver is an E63 AMG Mercedes so it's not the performance, she just doesn't get along with a clutch.

We've always joked about the Ferrari's and Lambo's, even the Audi R8, but never been too serious about them. Porsche on the other hand, we have several friends that own and track them and with the availability of the PDK in the 2014 GT3, it's just the right weekend / toy car for us to share.

Ryan
Cocoa, FL
Old 06-25-2013 | 12:41 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

@mc. Yes. I've several cars from them including my prior 997.1 GT3. The manager emailed me today. Where are you on the list?
Unfortunately, a lowly #5. I am new to the area and am hoping they at least got 5 build allocations.
Old 06-25-2013 | 03:21 AM
RobSpyder
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick
I just received word my build is second quarter 2014. My dealer got 9 cars total for this year and next. The good news is probably more options by then including sport bucket seats. Bad news is if leasing or financing the car it will be more costly because interest rates will be going up by the end or beginning of next year. Also, there is a distinct possibility that Porsche may raise the price of the car depending on how well it is received.
Nick, was this the dealer on Miramar? I'm #10 on the list, so hope someone else drops off. Still, didn't expect delivery to be a year out :-/
Old 06-25-2013 | 07:53 AM
911dev
Drifting

you mean the non-gt3, gt3?

i am #1 on my dealer's list. he will likely get only one, but am patiently waiting. oh wait, according to many here, Porsche will make sooooo many gt3s and flood the market. Every dealer will get at least 20, even the VW dealers. factor in that no one is waiting to buy this car so they will be plentiful. lo.... frkin L.
Old 06-25-2013 | 08:12 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

It's bordering on delusional to think that a year from now there will be people who would want to get into a 991 GT3 and yet are unable to do so. Sure, PAG would just stand there and watch them waving their wads of cash in its face without taking it, especially when GT3's become as easily produced as base Carreras.

Managed scarcity before an impending model launch is the oldest trick in the (marketing) book. Plenty of models for whom dealers could ask and get msrp + 20% at launch time then sell for msrp - 30% just two years later with odo < 5k miles.
Old 06-25-2013 | 08:47 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by hf1
It's bordering on delusional to think that a year from now there will be people who would want to get into a 991 GT3 and yet are unable to do so. Sure, PAG would just stand there and watch them waving their wads of cash in its face without taking it, especially when GT3's become as easily produced as base Carreras.

Managed scarcity before an impending model launch is the oldest trick in the (marketing) book. Plenty of models for whom dealers could ask and get msrp + 20% at launch time then sell for msrp - 30% just two years later with odo < 5k miles.
the previous gt3s were pretty much as easily produced and were done so on the same assembly line. none of us know the future.

love the future predictions as to price however. thanks for playing.

Quick Reply: 991GT3 US allocations