Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 12:44 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Manor
I've heard this dealer has well over 250k in deposits. Interest free loans for as long as you need them... I'm in the wrong business.
$$$$ to float car inventory, sell it, and make $$ on it interest free. Nice hustle. Hey, if guys are giving it to them, who's fault is it?

BTW. There have been quite a few $15K ADM's over the past 6 months.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:47 AM
JP Manor
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Every dealer I talked to, and there were dozens, all told me up front that they would take my deposit but they wouldn't promise a car. This was all 12-18 months ago. While I agree that a dealer owes everyone the courtesy of a phone call, unless they said with absolute certainty that an allocation was coming or they sold your car out from under you, there is really no reason to blame them. They simply don't have the cars to give. I think the mistake that a lot of people made was assuming that there would be enough cars to go way down these lists. So far it does not appear to be the case.
I have 3 email chains where he says with "absolute certainty" that an allocation was mine. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, as he or the SM has yet to email me back....

Waiting.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:48 AM
JP Manor
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
$$$$ to float car inventory, sell it, and make $$ on it interest free. Nice hustle. Hey, if guys are giving it to them, who's fault is it?

BTW. There have been quite a few $15K ADM's over the past 6 months.

It's a shame that consumers are considered "at fault" when it comes to trusting a brand or a business these days....

4 to 6 months ago those 15k ADM's were out there. I highly doubt there are any out there under 30k at this point.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:51 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Manor
I have 3 email chains where he says with "absolute certainty" that an allocation was mine. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, as he or the SM has yet to email me back....

Waiting.
Then that's f'd up. I'd be upset as well.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:51 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Old 03-06-2018, 02:03 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Hey, if a 458 is the worst thing to come out of this, you did alright imo. But it sucks ti go through this. A good friend got screwed on a GT2 RS. Give Ferrari a go.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:28 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 03-06-2018, 02:29 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I was talking to my SA today and he is in SoCal and he said "we are done. No more cars no more allocations, nothing." I don't know exactly
know if he means that they dont have any coming in or what. But if I had a summer or fall build I would be getting very nervous.
HOWEVER if the 458 was my fall back position, my nervousnes would cease to exist. I took my GT3 in today to get it wrapped
and a friend of mine was there with his yellow 458, that he is selling, and the guy handling the deal said that he believed
that Ferrari has never replaced a clutch in a 458 and that it was rock solid. I kind of took the clutch comment with a grain
of salt but I get the idea they are rock solid. I have another friend who had a 488 and sold it to get his 458 back.
I think that says alot
Back on the no car point. Is this going to be the smallest run of GT3s in recent memory for a particular version?
Old 03-06-2018, 02:57 AM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I was talking to my SA today and he is in SoCal and he said "we are done. No more cars no more allocations, nothing." I don't know exactly
know if he means that they dont have any coming in or what. But if I had a summer or fall build I would be getting very nervous.
HOWEVER if the 458 was my fall back position, my nervousnes would cease to exist. I took my GT3 in today to get it wrapped
and a friend of mine was there with his yellow 458, that he is selling, and the guy handling the deal said that he believed
that Ferrari has never replaced a clutch in a 458 and that it was rock solid. I kind of took the clutch comment with a grain
of salt but I get the idea they are rock solid. I have another friend who had a 488 and sold it to get his 458 back.
I think that says alot
Back on the no car point. Is this going to be the smallest run of GT3s in recent memory for a particular version?
He meants no more allocations coming. Fall and summer builds are still underway
Old 03-06-2018, 09:29 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

JP Manor: I've not received an allocation from any of my 'MSRP' deposits.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:41 AM
mig7410
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

What build status was your car at when this happened?
Old 03-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Every dealer I talked to, and there were dozens, all told me up front that they would take my deposit but they wouldn't promise a car. This was all 12-18 months ago. While I agree that a dealer owes everyone the courtesy of a phone call, unless they said with absolute certainty that an allocation was coming or they sold your car out from under you, there is really no reason to blame them. They simply don't have the cars to give. I think the mistake that a lot of people made was assuming that there would be enough cars to go way down these lists. So far it does not appear to be the case.
I agree. Want to know all the guys that keep telling us to be patient "you will get a car" response. I did that first for the last GT3RS and never seen one. Now here we go again. I think they might be buying these cars while they are telling us to be patient.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Waiting for what??? For a GT3 to fall in your lap.

Most stupid thing I have heard. You want one- you need to get aggressive and go get one not wait for an email or your phone to ring- not going to happen. The squeaky wheel gets greased. That is what happens when demand out strips supply.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

Most stupid thing I have heard. You want one- you need to get aggressive and go get one not wait for an email or your phone to ring- not going to happen. The squeaky wheel gets greased. That is what happens when demand out strips supply.
My comment had to do with M.S.R.P. cars not paying over. Anyone could get a car if they paid over enough. Thanks for your most stupid thing I have heard comment. You have been a great help.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:27 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

Yup, I politely bugged my SA every other week for months just letting him know I was there and hopeful to get an allocation... then I complained to a local community Pcar organizer that it seemed like I was never going to get an allocation. He made a visit, had a talk and I had an allocation the next day (yes, I'm very grateful for my friend and consider myself lucky for that!). You have to be just slightly annoying, but IMO, very courteous and easy to deal with as a customer. No dealer wants to do business with "that guy" and being a "good guy" goes a long way. We're all "rich" to some extent and probably feel a little entitled, but so does everyone else. Kill 'em with kindness and likeability!

Quick Reply: Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..