Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

^ You are correct. The point of my Post.

If your waiting for an MSRP allocation to fall in your lap than shame on oneself.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Yup, I politely bugged my SA every other week for months just letting him know I was there and hopeful to get an allocation... then I complained to a local community Pcar organizer that it seemed like I was never going to get an allocation. He made a visit, had a talk and I had an allocation the next day (yes, I'm very grateful for my friend and consider myself lucky for that!). You have to be just slightly annoying, but IMO, very courteous and easy to deal with as a customer. No dealer wants to do business with "that guy" and being a "good guy" goes a long way. We're all "rich" to some extent and probably feel a little entitled, but so does everyone else. Kill 'em with kindness and likeability!
But you know, that balance between polite and annoying is hard to figure out. Especially with GT cars, you gotta treat your SA like a king. Exact opposite of when you are buying Panny Turbo.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ You are correct. The point of my Post.

If your waiting for an MSRP allocation to fall in your lap than shame on oneself.
Thanks for all of your advice guys. But as Jimmy said I will just sit here waiting for that M.S.R.P. allocation to "fall in my lap".
Old 03-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschmich
Thanks for all of your advice guys. But as Jimmy said I will just sit here waiting for that M.S.R.P. allocation to "fall in my lap".
Good luck!!
Old 03-06-2018, 11:04 AM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Going to catch a bunch of flak for this but would buy a 458 ALL DAY over a standard GT3 at ~$200k.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:05 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
This has been happening a lot lately. By the way, there is absolutely NOTHING stupid about buying a 458... I bought one and absolutely love it. The car is a blast.
+1

pm me if interested .... mine may be up for sale
Old 03-06-2018, 12:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Waiting for what??? For a GT3 to fall in your lap.

Most stupid thing I have heard. You want one- you need to get aggressive and go get one not wait for an email or your phone to ring- not going to happen. The squeaky wheel gets greased. That is what happens when demand out strips supply.
Truth ^^^
Old 03-06-2018, 12:06 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
BTW. There have been quite a few $15K ADM's over the past 6 months.
Key word here is *past*. In addition to JP, I have friends looking for 15K and are coming up empty.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:04 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Manor
I've owned retail stores and a wholesale distribution business for the last 15 years. I work with very slim margins and a large part of what I deal in are limited run items. I've never charged a customer over MSRP, or over wholesale to a retailer even though I could on a frequent basis. The reputation of my business, as well as the reputation of the brands I represent are far too important to me over making a few extra bucks marking up select items. Other guys do it, and over time their reputations along with their businesses end up suffering as a result. People get tired of the games and leave.....But what do I know..
that is true, but there are not many businesses out there, where you can go into the store, and negotiate off the retail price, which is what happens in an auto dealership. these stores are independent operations and can charge their clients whatever they want - whether it be a profit or a loss. it goes both ways, customers can receive discounts and dealerships can ask ADM. there is no regulation, and there should not be. it would suck for a customer to have to pay full MSRP for a Base Macan and with the same reasoning, it would suck for the dealership to sell a 911R at invoice price.

If dealerships sold ALL their cars at MSRP, then there would be no ADM on GT3. Sadly that is not the case.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:58 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Call your dealer out here and name it. These unscrupulous dealers are getting "Interest Free" money by accepting deposits they really cannot fulfill.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

No call.. No email.. Just returned it to my CC. After 8 months of holding my money and insisting on a monthly basis that I'd get an allocation. During this time, I also bought a Cayenne from them.

I feel used...... I'm probably going to do something stupid and by a 458 now!
Old 03-06-2018, 02:20 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Call your dealer out here and name it. These unscrupulous dealers are getting "Interest Free" money by accepting deposits they really cannot fulfill.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
yes and no. if and when a dealership receives a deposit or creates a waitlist (frankly they should be doing this whether or not they get a deposit or create a wishlist), they have to create what is called "ORDER DEMAND" in the Porsche Vehicle Management System. This creates an order demand to PCNA to PAG. Based on the # of order demands, but more importantly the market share of the dealership selling 911, they will receive allocations from PCNA.

it is wrong for them to take deposits, waitlists are better for this system, but it takes a proactive dealership infrastructure to create business in this system

Dealers should be creating as many as they can to show PCNA they have buyers. Some work the system, some are worked by the system.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:25 PM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

See post #1158; an MSRP deal just fell in your lap
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ut-adm-78.html
Old 03-06-2018, 02:32 PM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 62 Posts

I bought the Cayenne because I needed a new SUV. I would have purchased one anyway, but probably from another dealer. Find me a 15k ADM GT3 allocation, I have cash in hand!

It's just a car at the end of the day and I'll end up with something probably better and won't look back. It's just the dishonesty of the dealers that ridiculous.
I feel you.
Even if the outcome is the same, I'd feel more acceptable if my SA keep telling me 'there is no guarantee, but we can try.'; instead of building my hope with 'you can certainly get one' for months and backed out silently in the end.
I was 'lucky' that my SA told me no go right after the car was released a year ago. So I retrieved my deposit, moved on and hunt for something else.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:34 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

The 458 is a great car, after I wasnt able to get a GT3.2 I was strongly considering it. Instead I found a 911_50th in graphite, no sunroof, and a manual, hopefully here in the next week or so.
Goodluck on the F-car!
Old 03-06-2018, 02:38 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

i am good in creating "Demand."If it is just a "Customer Order List" with no guarantee of a car, I'm good with that too. BUT accepting deposit with no written nor explicit expression that no car is guaranteed is simply a case of borrowing money interest free.

Morals and Porsche GT Cars are very hard to find nowadays.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by DarkSideEwok
yes and no. if and when a dealership receives a deposit or creates a waitlist (frankly they should be doing this whether or not they get a deposit or create a wishlist), they have to create what is called "ORDER DEMAND" in the Porsche Vehicle Management System. This creates an order demand to PCNA to PAG. Based on the # of order demands, but more importantly the market share of the dealership selling 911, they will receive allocations from PCNA.

it is wrong for them to take deposits, waitlists are better for this system, but it takes a proactive dealership infrastructure to create business in this system

Dealers should be creating as many as they can to show PCNA they have buyers. Some work the system, some are worked by the system.

Quick Reply: Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..