Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Manor

Also, not a huge fan of Lamborghini....
OK, now I'm offended....cars don't get much better looking than this
Old 03-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787

I would do this all day long over a $200k GT3....epic
Old 03-06-2018, 04:40 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking 458 at this point. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Ya man- sometimes the dealership kills the car. I would NEVER buy another Land Rover/ Jaguar vehicle because of my local dealer, so I can see someone turning away from Porsche for the same reason. You have to deal with those guys every time something goes wrong, or for just basic parts and service. If you feel slimy every time you leave, or always leave upset, then don't buy the products they support-no car is worth that. Good luck w whatever you decide!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:41 PM
JP Manor
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkSideEwok
that is true, but there are not many businesses out there, where you can go into the store, and negotiate off the retail price, which is what happens in an auto dealership. these stores are independent operations and can charge their clients whatever they want - whether it be a profit or a loss. it goes both ways, customers can receive discounts and dealerships can ask ADM. there is no regulation, and there should not be. it would suck for a customer to have to pay full MSRP for a Base Macan and with the same reasoning, it would suck for the dealership to sell a 911R at invoice price.

If dealerships sold ALL their cars at MSRP, then there would be no ADM on GT3. Sadly that is not the case.
I'm not sure what you're getting at... This has nothing do to with my situation.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:43 PM
JP Manor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Call your dealer out here and name it. These unscrupulous dealers are getting "Interest Free" money by accepting deposits they really cannot fulfill.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I'm still waiting for them to respond to my email.....
Old 03-06-2018, 04:44 PM
JP Manor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack
Ya man- sometimes the dealership kills the car. I would NEVER buy another Land Rover/ Jaguar vehicle because of my local dealer, so I can see someone turning away from Porsche for the same reason. You have to deal with those guys every time something goes wrong, or for just basic parts and service. If you feel slimy every time you leave, or always leave upset, then don't buy the products they support-no car is worth that. Good luck w whatever you decide!
I've purchased a lot of cars over the last 10 years, and the WORST buying experience I've ever had was with Land Rover.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:58 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1963SWC
See post #1158; an MSRP deal just fell in your lap
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ut-adm-78.html

1963swc-- A True Bro.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:20 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by smyers528
The 458 is a great car, after I wasnt able to get a GT3.2 I was strongly considering it. Instead I found a 911_50th in graphite, no sunroof, and a manual, hopefully here in the next week or so.
Goodluck on the F-car!
50th is a great car and no SR in MT is a great build. Mine:

Old 03-06-2018, 05:37 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
50th is a great car and no SR in MT is a great build. Mine:

Very nice. Slate grey or gray black? If neither, I'm very bad a guessing colors...
Old 03-06-2018, 06:57 PM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/mission-...-refunded.html

Think this is the same LA dealer. May be of little comfort but if it is happening on other models probably not directly related to scarcity of allocations.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:10 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Very nice. Slate grey or gray black? If neither, I'm very bad a guessing colors...
Neither. Graphite.

I passed on the 911-50, but I do like the wheels.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:16 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkSideEwok
yes and no. if and when a dealership receives a deposit or creates a waitlist (frankly they should be doing this whether or not they get a deposit or create a wishlist), they have to create what is called "ORDER DEMAND" in the Porsche Vehicle Management System. This creates an order demand to PCNA to PAG. Based on the # of order demands, but more importantly the market share of the dealership selling 911, they will receive allocations from PCNA.

it is wrong for them to take deposits, waitlists are better for this system, but it takes a proactive dealership infrastructure to create business in this system

Dealers should be creating as many as they can to show PCNA they have buyers. Some work the system, some are worked by the system.
Haha...I found out week before last that my dealer didn't create an order demand for my deposit. Deposit was placed Feb 2016!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2018, 01:54 AM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Waiting to hear back from my dealer on this.... Hoping this is the case. Did you end up getting an allocation?
No allocation from them. It sounds like I’m too far down the list..

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
^^^^cayenne-tt I received the same excuse when I saw a deposit refunded to my credit card with no communication from the dealer... they had over $200k in deposits, and returned a bunch but I’m still on the list.
Sounds like we had deposits at the same dealership - I was told the same thing.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:52 AM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

SECHSGANG, You're right about the Mclaren Philly crew. They give personal "concierge" service. I had to have them do an adjustment on my car and they came with an enclosed trailer to pick up the car and drove a loaner Cayenne out to me an hour later. I am 100 miles from the dealership. Later that day, Josh called me to tell me all was well and he would give me daily updates!
Old 03-07-2018, 08:58 AM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Stunning color combo.. I'll be stopping by the local Mclaren dealer this week as well.
Thanks JP!
They have some great discounts on 570's and they make awesome daily drivers. It is also cool that you get a lot of standard content for your money. For example, You get a standard LiPo battery that porsche would charge $75,000 for, as well as carbon ceramics. Be sure to get the B&W stereo though, it's a winner. I put 1400 miles on my 570 in about a week!

Quick Reply: Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..