Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018 | 06:12 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thinker23
This is my first post although I’ve been lurking here for awhile. I have been driving an E92 M3 for the past nine years and hoping to get my first GT3. I’ve been trying to get a 991.2 GT3 allocation for awhile now and this is how I see the status quo:
- demand far outweighs supply.
- dealers naturally extend preferential treatment to regular customer. Regular customers defined as multiple vehicle purchases over a relatively short amount of time.
- a lot of people willing to spend a lot of money on cars.
- lots of people buying cars not to drive but more of a showpiece.

For first time Porsche buyers like me, it’s impossible to get the GT3 at MSRP. It feels like there is a premium to be paid, whether it be buying lots of other cars and taking depreciation there or paying ADM outright, to be at the top of the MSRP list. Although I am fundamentally against paying ADM, I am pretty much resigned that this is the only way I will be able to get a GT3.
Thinker I think you need to rethink that a bit. I had no trouble finding an allocation and I absolutely do not have a long history with Porsche. My "history" started in August of 2017. I was able to easily find allocations and was willing to pay the ADM. The allocations I found had ADMs that ranged from 15 to 27K. I had an issue, as you apparently do, with the ADM but welcome to the land of you have no choice, that is, if you want a GT3. In the end the New MSRP = ADM + Manufacturers MSRP.
Old 03-13-2018 | 06:23 PM
Thinker23
Racer

Porsch2018,

Yeah, I think we are aligned there. My mistake was holding my line @ MSRP for too long. I was also overly optimistic on what a dealer I was working with could do for me.
Old 03-13-2018 | 06:26 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thinker23
Porsch2018,

Yeah, I think we are aligned there. My mistake was holding my line @ MSRP or bust for too long.
If you are still interested I would try Champion Porsche in Florida. They are the largest Porsche dealership and get more than a fair share of GT car allocations. In fact, that was the dealership I was offered the allocation for 15K over but went with a dealership 20 minutes from my home with an earlier build date at a slightly higher ADM.
Old 03-13-2018 | 06:33 PM
wmond
Racer

Good news is that there are definitely cars out there to be had. I saw a manual chalk (not the stolen one) listed at Manheim for their "100 Grander" auction Thursday, March 15, in Pennsylvania, has 11 miles. How a brand new chalk manual gets to Manheim, I have no idea. I think you may need to be a dealer to buy there, but I'm sure if you know someone who knows someone, you can probably score admission to the event. I also am aware of a north-eastern dealer sitting on 3 cars at the moment. Asking ADMs on all of them, lowest is probably in the $15k-$20k range, but it happens to be on a stripper car, so even with ADM would be right around $180k. Stay patient, yes demand currently exceeds supply, but not everyone is on RL, and not everyone has this kind of money to drop on a car. A car will definitely find you if you stay alert.
Old 03-13-2018 | 06:55 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
If you are still interested I would try Champion Porsche in Florida. They are the largest Porsche dealership
Why does every dealership have some sort of superlative claim? Every dealership I talk to says they are the largest, biggest, best-selling, oldest, first in the country, have the most GT cars, most sales, etc. They can't all be the best lol...
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:00 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

If you are still interested I would try Champion Porsche in Florida. They are the largest Porsche dealership and get more than a fair share of GT car allocations. In fact, that was the dealership I was offered the allocation for 15K over but went with a dealership 20 minutes from my home with an earlier build date at a slightly higher ADM.
From my own personal experience when I was hunting for an allocation, those types of dealers were actually the rudest/most dismissing for an out-of-state customer with no purchase history....Especially in CA and FL. YMMV
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:01 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Why does every dealership have some sort of superlative claim? Every dealership I talk to says they are the largest, biggest, best-selling, oldest, first in the country, have the most GT cars, most sales, etc. They can't all be the best lol...
I think it would be hard to move merchandise if they claimed to be the smallest dealership manned by losers.......maybe I'm wrong. Though, would try Champion for an allocation.
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:04 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
From my own personal experience when I was hunting for an allocation, those types of dealers were actually the rudest/most dismissing for an out-of-state customer with no purchase history....Especially in CA and FL. YMMV
You forgot Texas....the dealership I got my allocations for a 2018 Cayman S specced out at about 100K did not even respond to my request for a GT3 allocation. Champion gave it to me immediately at the best ADM.
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:12 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

"Park Place Porsche Dallas - The Most Consistently Winning Porsche Premier Dealership in North America." From their website
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:23 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
"Park Place Porsche Dallas - The Most Consistently Winning Porsche Premier Dealership in North America." From their website
Well not exactly...........that is the dealership that never responded. I guess the reason is because I am a VIP (Very Insignificant Person).
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:29 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I think it would be hard to move merchandise if they claimed to be the smallest dealership manned by losers.......maybe I'm wrong. Though, would try Champion for an allocation.
I think you're missing my point. Every dealer says they are the biggest/best dealer. It's just something I've noticed and I get a chuckle at it whenever I talk to a dealership.

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
And the dealer down the street from me says they are the "Most Consistently Winning Porsche Dealership in North America." So the difference is they don't have the "premier" part in there. Oh well, maybe next year they'll do better haha!
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:33 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Though, you can't argue with Champion giving me an allocation very very late in the game for 15K over. I could not find a better deal anywhere.
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:37 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Though, you can't argue with Champion giving me an allocation very very late in the game for 15K over. I could not find a better deal anywhere.
I'm not really picking on Champion. Just the nature of sales tactics in general. I get why they all do it, but I just cringe at all the smiley glad hand BS. Buying a car is seriously one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to go through lol. For what it's worth, I have a car at low ADM too. I started looking for a GT3 January 3rd. Got an allocation January 6th with the gracious help from a member here who PM'd me a hook up.
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:39 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

That storage facility at Champion is sick. Drove through it today on a golf cart. It doubles as a museum and garage for VIPs. The overhead at Champion has to be second to none.

Almost got in trouble and bought a white 911R, but they wouldn't budge on price.
Old 03-13-2018 | 07:41 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

I'm not really picking on Champion. Just the nature of sales tactics in general. I get why they all do it, but I just cringe at all the smiley glad hand BS. Buying a car is seriously one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to go through lol. For what it's worth, I have a car at $15K ADM too. I started looking for a GT3 January 3rd. Got an allocation January 6th.
Agreed; very well expressed. It's all a game, one unfortunately, we have to play to get a GT3 allocation. I started my quest around the 10th of February 2018 and have a pretty late build date (7 September). When does your car enter the build shop?

Quick Reply: Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?