Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018 | 01:15 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

"in the same day he bought a .1RS for 25k over, a pre-owned Audi RS7 at market retail price, and a Turbo Cayenne at sticker"

All in that is pretty good to get a GT3RS and less than a flat ADM asks I have been seeing.
Old 03-01-2018 | 02:16 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
"in the same day he bought a .1RS for 25k over, a pre-owned Audi RS7 at market retail price, and a Turbo Cayenne at sticker"

All in that is pretty good to get a GT3RS and less than a flat ADM asks I have been seeing.
If it takes spending $450-500k+ in a single day on 3 cars excluding tax and fees and insurance premiums to net a MSRP allocation, I'll take the ADM lol

But makes sense that if he is giving the dealership that kind of business they want him as a future customer and want him happy
Old 03-01-2018 | 02:36 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

i dont like ADM
i was clean house today and saw some old photo album
flipped through it and saw pic of my dad who's no longer with me taking me out to various places.
there's a fancy restaurant we got to when i was a kid.
ppl have to wait in lines or get reservation months ahead.
dad and i always just show up, we have reserved parking and always a table....
then i remember dad used to tell me... "why do you think they give you balloons and toys every time we come here...."
turns out he not only tip the entire staff on regular basis, we send very $ year end gifts to them every year so we and our clients gets what we wan....
ADM is not just for cars. it's everywhere.
you pay it one way or another.
Old 03-01-2018 | 02:40 PM
CHADW
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont like ADM
flipped through it and saw pic of my dad who's no longer with me taking me out to various places.
then i remember dad used to tell me... "why do you think they give you balloons and toys every time we come here...."
turns out he not only tip the entire staff on regular basis, we send very $ year end gifts to them every year so we and our clients gets what we wan....
amen
Old 03-01-2018 | 06:32 PM
FLGT
Pro

i dont like ADM
+1000
Old 03-01-2018 | 06:32 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

i dont like ADM
mooty is wise

When I was naive I loathed the concept of ADM but I caved in, went with it, and actually now understand that it is very rare to not pay an ADM one way or another for most hard to get goods. Daytona, Birkin, GT3, special edition Ferrari, Patek Nautilus, some APs & other watches, etc.... you either pay the ADM through multiple purchases and give them good business for them to reciprocate by getting you what you want at MSRP, or bypass the multiple purchases and pay the direct ADM. No ADM, no purchase history @ MSRP is a rare bird it seems like, if you had that opportunity - that's great for you!!
Old 03-01-2018 | 06:37 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

i dont like ADM
Really - I have been paying my Wife an ADM for years and it has gotten me nothing. At least with Porsche it gets you a car
Old 03-01-2018 | 07:04 PM
bammb
Advanced

If you get enjoyment out of whatever it is you pay ADM for...it's worth it. You only live once.
Old 03-01-2018 | 07:10 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

two Porsche pool cars just picked up in the span of 2 weeks for $15k+

standard metallic color / sofa chairs / pdk / pccb / front axel lift
Old 03-01-2018 | 10:55 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I honestly think that if you prefer saving something like 20% of the GT3 price because you don't want to pay an ADM, you either enjoy money too much, or don't know how to enjoy spending it and would instead prefer to spend your time on RL ranting about "stealerships" and ADMs.

Either way, it's generally your loss.
Old 03-01-2018 | 11:01 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I honestly think that if you prefer saving something like 20% of the GT3 price because you don't want to pay an ADM, you either enjoy money too much, or don't know how to enjoy spending it and would instead prefer to spend your time on RL ranting about "stealerships" and ADMs.

Either way, it's generally your loss.
Absolutely agree; the NA GT3 will be produced in 2018 only. Although, I feel a little uncomfortable about paying 20K over MSRP I went for it. I can afford it so why not....life is to short. As I stated before, the new MSRP = original MSRP + ADM.
Old 03-01-2018 | 11:04 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

I think we need to keep in mind that ADM on these cars exists because the supply is too limited relative to the demand. Fueling the demand somewhat, there's the speculation that these cars will be last manual, last NA, etc.
Old 03-02-2018 | 12:28 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Really - I have been paying my Wife an ADM for years and it has gotten me nothing. At least with Porsche it gets you a car
Love it LMAO!!
Old 03-02-2018 | 12:41 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

If you want a toy and you have the money what's wrong with paying market value for it? It's a want not a need.
Old 03-03-2018 | 11:35 AM
Trk8
Advanced

I can honestly say as a consumer, we don't like adm on purchases. My gut feeling is that it's more of an ego than anything else.
Lets face it, a lot of us spend more than the average ADM amount on just preps and modes for our cars. For some cars CXX is more $$$. Forget about depreciation, just tracking the car on a monthly basis cost min. $5000 plus = track time, consumables, maintenance. Don't forgets the money for track lessons, writing off a car on track cost A lot more $$$, lol. Stop worrying too much on ADM, go out make more money to offset cost of toy. Flippers worry more about ADM. The other group wants to know if they got a fair shake. "Life is not fair, it's just a ride"

Quick Reply: Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?