991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018 | 02:39 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Never saw UV prior to ordering the .1RS. First I saw it was upon entering the delivery room at LeipIg. Was just stunning and couldn't have been happier. I read a lot of criticism around the time it was launched of it being muddy, uninteresting and lacking in other ways. It didn't reflect reality and glad I never listed to it. I'd love to see lizard prior to my order locking but doubt that will happen.
Old 05-06-2018 | 08:17 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by soulsea
I think it’s a terrible idea to let people on or off forums talk you in or out of a color that you are drawn to.
Totally agree. Go for what you want.
Old 05-06-2018 | 08:25 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

I have a different view. It's just a car and there will be another one after it. I'm not picking a wife, I'm renting an experience. Adventure with color is part of the thrill for me. Sometimes I end up loving the color combos I choose. Other times I learn I missed the mark. Some cars I love in a given color and hate in others. I usually decided on THE color that seems made to be on a given RS. And it's 110% subjective and my opinion only. But if I order a color and decide it isn't PERFECT for me, ehh, no big deal; it's all part of the experience. I like that I've tried it all and know more what I want as a result. No bad decisions on color; just different ones.
Old 05-06-2018 | 09:15 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I have a different view. It's just a car and there will be another one after it. I'm not picking a wife, I'm renting an experience. Adventure with color is part of the thrill for me. Sometimes I end up loving the color combos I choose. Other times I learn I missed the mark. Some cars I love in a given color and hate in others. I usually decided on THE color that seems made to be on a given RS. And it's 110% subjective and my opinion only. But if I order a color and decide it isn't PERFECT for me, ehh, no big deal; it's all part of the experience. I like that I've tried it all and know more what I want as a result. No bad decisions on color; just different ones.
Well said. That helped me with my thinking about color. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2018 | 09:26 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
agree 100%. I whiffed big time on my 2018 GT3 build; wanted something different, chose Carmine. It looked good on other cars, but I really didn’t enjoy it all.,.too subdued for a wild car. Should have listened to my daughters and chose Miami, oh well. It was an easier decision to sell it when an early build was confirmed on my 19 RS. Lizard will be interesting, hopefully not another miss!
Old 05-06-2018 | 11:13 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden

agree 100%. I whiffed big time on my 2018 GT3 build; wanted something different, chose Carmine. It looked good on other cars, but I really didn’t enjoy it all.,.too subdued for a wild car. Should have listened to my daughters and chose Miami, oh well. It was an easier decision to sell it when an early build was confirmed on my 19 RS. Lizard will be interesting, hopefully not another miss!
Porsche doesn’t introduce a launch car with a washout color. LG according to most that have seen it ‘pops’. It’s a racy vibrant color which to my knowledge hasn’t been seen on a Porsche before. It’s a fabulous color for the 3RS. I am little biased because I ordered my car in LG.
Old 05-06-2018 | 11:51 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Taffy66
Actually i agree with him 100%, unless its a manual GT3.. Put the same special sauce R spec tyres on the standard PDK GT3 and i bet it would do the Ring in just over 7 minutes..I'm in the running to get one in the second batch, which suits me just fine as the WP isn't available in the first UK batch..
As Henry quite rightly mentioned you really need the WP, even to just distance it from the GT3..Trouble is i'm not taken with Lizard in combination with the WP..I'm going with one of the standard flat colours with the WP but unsure which one yet..
Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Absolutely don't agree, and nor does Porsche since the debut of the 3RS is in Lizard Green......why Pray Tell......because they feel of all the colors it's the one that showcases the 3RS best...................
Originally Posted by Taffy66
This is my take on colours..All colours are subjective and are eminently suitable on different models..I have a RY GT3.2, White 981 Spyder,JB Cayenne se- hybrid and a JB Panny ST..All these cars look fantastic in their respective colours, however mix the colours and everything changes..
In the last week i have seen in the metal two different GT2 RS's: GT silver and Black and both looked fantastic however IMV Black was awesome..
I also saw a Full lizard today and i mean full lizard inside(including rollcage) and lizard rimmed wheels. It was way too much lizard for me personally and i think i will go for one of the standard flat colours.
To answer the question earlier regarding my configurator spec,it was the full lizard, however i'm now more inclined towards GR or white..
I am torn between Guards and Black when having a WP car. Tough decision.

i can’t handle lizard or really out there colours. Different strokes for different folks
Old 05-06-2018 | 12:10 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

I had a A-1 black GT3 991.1 RS and although the wing gave away it's intent it really stayed under the radar for the most part. Most people could tell it was something but it didn't attract attention from miles around. blah blah blah I eneded up selling it and came back to a lava orange RS and what a difference people would cross over multiple lanes to take pictures, constant attention around town, could not get away from all the attention. Myself I hate it so going with black again and thankful that it isn't PTS this time around! Most people I talk to all say the same thing, the RS is a special car and needs that pizzaz that fancy bright color to bring out the crazy. I think Lizard will be a good choice for many people and hopefully be exclusive to the RS. I'd get it especially if no Weissach pack
Old 05-06-2018 | 05:13 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Are you guys doing the Weissach package with your new RS builds? Still can't decide. As for colors, I'm hoping for a PTS, but if that doesn't work, I'll probably stick with White. None of the custom colors excite me that much. I do like the Green but 2 of the 4 deliveries at the dealer here are already going that direction.
Old 05-06-2018 | 05:57 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

No it is a 40 k option in Australia and I am really only interested in the magnesium wheels,,,for that money I can purchase some after market high end wheels and still save some dollars ...
Old 05-06-2018 | 06:35 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Are there any surveys on the options around here that people are picking on their new GT3RS positions? I seen one on the paint, but wondering if I missed the one on options.
Old 05-06-2018 | 07:02 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

I am torn between Guards and Black when having a WP car. Tough decision.

i can’t handle lizard or really out there colours. Different strokes for different folks
The only wrong choice with the color selection is not selecting the color you really want. I have a feeling sometimes people avoid certain colors they are partial to because they fear what others would think........though, I hope that is a rare event. Love my MB 2018 718 CS and I will love my LG 3RS.....
Old 05-06-2018 | 07:17 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Does anyone have a halfway plausible 3RS production number that did not come from their gardener or cleaning lady?
Old 05-06-2018 | 07:21 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Does anyone have a halfway plausible 3RS production number that did not come from their gardener or cleaning lady?
i think there will be quite a large number produced. Two to three production runs I believe.
Old 05-06-2018 | 07:22 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

i think there will be quite a large number produced. Two to three production runs I believe.
Thanks....guesstimate? How will that compare to the 991.1 3RS production figures?

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS