Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018 | 12:38 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Waxer
No. It's "hate on Salomon RS" thread. LOL. You appear to be on the band wagon. LOL
I never asked you, but
Did you spec your RS or did you purchase from dealer inventory ?
I should have asked this before ?
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:06 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
My neighbour has one lava .1RS and is not so bad
calling it salmon its a joke as calling a green GT3 a frog
(btw frogs and eggplsnts owners are more prone to
laugh than salmon ones,why???)

If some one get offended instead laughing means they are weak personalities

the point is .1RS will never be bound to .2RS
forget it,
is like saying a .1GT3 and .2GT3 are the same product

a .2RS is a .2RS...
Really good point. Why do Frog and Barney owners not get upset but Salmon considered to be an insult? Curious. Never thought about that before.
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:09 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Really good point. Why do Frog and Barney owners not get upset but Salmon considered to be an insult? Curious. Never thought about that before.
Maybe because Salmon = pink
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:09 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Side note: I own a frog (car not animal) and I like salmon (the fish and the color on RS). I owned a Barney.
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:14 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Believe it or not, this is Lava Orange, another chameleon sensitive to light conditions. It's perfectly suited for the GT3 RS - and any other GT car. It's great to see all the variety and am glad Porsche opened the PTS gates a bit wider this time around.

Old 02-03-2018 | 01:16 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 0to60
Yes I chose viper with a PTS allocation. I had the ability to choose from almost any color, and choose viper. Those SALMON cars were available to anyone. If the stubborn"meat head" used a PTS allocation for Salmon, then I understand. PAG introduces Lava as a "special" color opened to all, and some my love the color, while others wanted something new. I like guards red, I like the oranges in PTS offerings. I just don't like a hybrid color of orange ish
See you slipped back to derision and name calling without even another post from me just when I thought you were coming along. Alot of anger here. That will eat you alive. Breath deeply and let it go.

You apparently see the fact that RS > GT3 as a perjorative and an insult of some sort. It's not. It's just the natural order of things and the way the Porsche community in large see it. I have said here that I believe the .2GT3 is a magnificent machine and a bloody awesome car. It certainly is. I was offered on at the dealers night at the NY auto show by my dealer before it openned to the public. I considered it but wasn't really interesed in an MT and the engine in the .1RS 4.0 has been and still is a great lump, proved to be dead reliable and epic in performance. So, going from my RS back to a GT3 was going backwards to me.

Many auto makers offer an "up" model that offers increased performance, styling cues, intangible of title/designation not offered in lower model. E.g. F360 Challenge > F360; Scud > F430; Boss 302 > Mustang GT Track Pack; SV/Performante' > non SV/Performante'; GT350R > Track Pack; ZL1> 1LE. Even when the new "improved" base model comes out many prefer the older "up" model for the intangible aspects and/or styling cues. Many would likely choose a Scud over a standard 458. Many would choose an R over a newer improved "GT350 Track Pack"

Some don't choose the "up" model for their own reasons. Those reasons are all that matter. Some like the non "up" model more for their own reasons. All legitimate as to them.

As for the "salmon" color, they were available to anyone willing to pay approx. $100K over list for quite some time. PAG must love salomon too since it was the launch color for the .1RS. BTW the .1GT3 offered Lava as PTS and there are some in Lava. PAG plays the PTS game and we play along.

Whether I spec'd my RS or purchased from dealer inventory is irrelevant. It was the car I wanted, fell in love and at the time comprable cars were $20K more and paid a very very good price at the time including a $7000 Xpel wrap which gives it that wonderful Salomon hue. My heart was beating a thousand miles an hour when the transporter showed up.

You likely didn't notice but I have stated that Gelbgrun would be my first choice in color. So at least you know that with my poor taste in color green is at the top.

If you are nice I will send you a complimentary Salomon RS coffee cup. I have some extras.
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:22 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by n3rd
Ativan
Haloperidol might work better.
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:27 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

I think LO will be one of those colors people love and think is classic years from now. We'll see. Not much different from Tangerine, IMO (I think it's Tangerine I'm thinking of?)
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:33 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Well, this thread went a weird direction.

Possibly back on topic, where is the reveal on feb 6? Or is it a press event?
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:35 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

This is actually the first thread I’ve seen where it’s being called salmon. It took me a while to realize you guys were talking about Lava Orange.

I know a few people that have/had Lava Orange cars and it definitely never occurred to me to think of it as salmon. Salmon would be a bit pinkish. Lava Orange isn’t remotely salmon.

Just my thoughts.

I miss the GT2RS talk. Is there any way of saving this thread??
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:37 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Waxer
See you slipped back to derision and name calling without even another post from me just when I thought you were coming along. Alot of anger here. That will eat you alive. Breath deeply and let it go.

You apparently see the fact that RS > GT3 as a perjorative and an insult of some sort. It's not. It's just the natural order of things and the way the Porsche community in large see it. I have said here that I believe the .2GT3 is a magnificent machine and a bloody awesome car. It certainly is. I was offered on at the dealers night at the NY auto show by my dealer before it openned to the public. I considered it but wasn't really interesed in an MT and the engine in the .1RS 4.0 has been and still is a great lump, proved to be dead reliable and epic in performance. So, going from my RS back to a GT3 was going backwards to me.

Many auto makers offer an "up" model that offers increased performance, styling cues, intangible of title/designation not offered in lower model. E.g. F360 Challenge > F360; Scud > F430; Boss 302 > Mustang GT Track Pack; SV/Performante' > non SV/Performante'; GT350R > Track Pack; ZL1> 1LE. Even when the new "improved" base model comes out many prefer the older "up" model for the intangible aspects and/or styling cues. Many would likely choose a Scud over a standard 458. Many would choose an R over a newer improved "GT350 Track Pack"

Some don't choose the "up" model for their own reasons. Those reasons are all that matter. Some like the non "up" model more for their own reasons. All legitimate as to them.

As for the "salmon" color, they were available to anyone willing to pay approx. $100K over list for quite some time. PAG must love salomon too since it was the launch color for the .1RS. BTW the .1GT3 offered Lava as PTS and there are some in Lava. PAG plays the PTS game and we play along.

Whether I spec'd my RS or purchased from dealer inventory is irrelevant. It was the car I wanted, fell in love and at the time comprable cars were $20K more and paid a very very good price at the time including a $7000 Xpel wrap which gives it that wonderful Salomon hue. My heart was beating a thousand miles an hour when the transporter showed up.

You likely didn't notice but I have stated that Gelbgrun would be my first choice in color. So at least you know that with my poor taste in color green is at the top.

If you are nice I will send you a complimentary Salomon RS coffee cup. I have some extras.
Keeping with a civil tongue, you answered my question, you didn't spec your car. I and many put a value on specking a car v dealer inventory. I agree with you that a current RS is superior than a current GT3, however where we disagree is: the current GT3 is superior than the previous RS. PAG is always evolving, improving and tags aside, the current GT3 offers more than the previous RS. These cars are so close performance wise that the average driver can't extract anymore out of either of these cars. As far a specking a car from the factory, that's a special experience that you don't get from a dealer lot purchased.
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:39 PM
consolidated
Drifting

I think LO will be one of those colors people love and think is classic years from now. We'll see. Not much different from Tangerine, IMO (I think it's Tangerine I'm thinking of?)
It is similar to Tangerine, and I agree with you. Controversial today can be a classic tomorrow.

Salmon may come across as pejorative because when it was first coined here it was meant as a pejorative. Frog and Barney are mascots, never really recall them being used as a passive aggressive insult like see you above. Good on you for having one of each. I like my pumpkin but would trade for a frog. lol

Last edited by consolidated; 02-03-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2018 | 01:56 PM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by consolidated
It is similar to Tangerine, and I agree with you. Controversial today can be a classic tomorrow.

Salmon may come across as pejorative because when it was first coined her it was meant as a pejorative.
Frog and Barney are mascots, never really recall them being used as a passive aggressive insult like see you above. Good on you for having one of each. I like my pumpkin but would trade for a frog. lol

Are you so bad to tell this nice baby her salmon is not a mascot?? Why not that Mr Santa is not real??

Btw have you noticed that the 1st picture is likely the sample that inspired Porsche for Salmon aka Lava?

Last edited by fxz; 02-03-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2018 | 02:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by carcommander
Who knew an innocent fish was this controversial?
Must be the cyclospora.
Old 02-03-2018 | 02:08 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Variety is the spice in life. So color choice is more like what you want. "Want" factor is totally subjective. It is after all Porsches in different color tones. In as much as I like my salmon (Lava Orange), at times I like the burnt ends of the Bar-B-Que. Here is my Burnt ends in the middle of my snow white flakes.

Back on topic, I hope to see soon the color selection for the new 991.2 GT3RS. If frog is available I'd like to try frog next time.

Drve safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Side note: I own a frog (car not animal) and I like salmon (the fish and the color on RS). I owned a Barney.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS