Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018 | 06:21 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EST
My opinion: If the Full Buckets are not "comfortable" then this car is not for you.
Buy a 911 Turbo and you will be happy.
Thanks for your opinion but no thanks. I guess I am not as hardcore as you. Your telling me for a quarter of a Million dollars they can't add padding? Is the seat padding going to compromise your lap time? I am not a race car Wannabe just someone who wants a fast cool car with comfortable seats.
Old 04-24-2018 | 06:26 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by EST
My opinion: If the Full Buckets are not "comfortable" then this car is not for you.
Buy a 911 Turbo and you will be happy.
Yeah. Something along those lines... like the car will never be used for its intended purpose.

Old 04-24-2018 | 06:29 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3

Yeah. Something along those lines... like the car will never be used for its intended purpose.

Your kidding, right? We are not race car drivers, mostly, we are just weekend warriors that like to have fun.
Old 04-24-2018 | 06:57 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Your kidding, right? We are not race car drivers, mostly, we are just weekend warriors that like to have fun.
Not kidding. But don’t take it personal. I just think there’s a special magic to these cars, and one may not get the full effect/experience if certain options are not selected. But that’s just me. Only time I’d get sofa is if God forbid it was due to a medical condition and had no choice. Otherwise it’s like getting a sports car just to get it and then complain that it’s too low, suspension too hard, etc. These are not luxury cars and one should not expect certain comforts and be willing to forgo them for the sake of performance and the car’s intended purpose/application. But congrats in the allocation.
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:08 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3

Not kidding. But don’t take it personal. I just think there’s a special magic to these cars, and one may not get the full effect/experience if certain options are not selected. But that’s just me. Only time I’d get sofa is if God forbid it was due to a medical condition and had no choice. Otherwise it’s like getting a sports car just to get it and then complain that it’s too low, suspension too hard, etc. These are not luxury cars and one should not expect certain comforts and be willing to forgo them for the sake of performance and the car’s intended purpose/application. But congrats in the allocation.
No offense taken but why is a race car and comfortable seats incompatible? Your telling me uncomfortable seats make you a better driver or turn in better lap times? My wife and I are not medically compromised, in fact, we train 6 days a week, and are exceptionally fit.
So, I guess we agree to disagree.....thanks for the well wishes
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:15 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

If you haven't sat or driven in LWB seats before, initially they are uncomfortable. But as you become accustomed to their fit and purpose you will find that sofas are not for this car. To truly enjoy the experience of a GT you need to be one with it. Feel the road, bumps and ride with the car as it navigates the curves and turns. Sofas detract from the feeling in a very negative way. Unless you have a bad back or other physical issues, rethink the LWB's. After some road time in the LWB, you'll never go back to sofas.

But it's your money. Go with what makes you happy. But know that without LWB, the RS is a lesser car from an enjoyment standpoint.
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:17 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Thanks for your opinion but no thanks. I guess I am not as hardcore as you. Your telling me for a quarter of a Million dollars they can't add padding? Is the seat padding going to compromise your lap time? I am not a race car Wannabe just someone who wants a fast cool car with comfortable seats.
I'll third. The car's special character will be lost on you.

Please buy a different "fast cool car" to pose at Starbucks and AARP meetings (if the seats hurt your back you're probably older).
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:18 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Too many "knowledgeable" opinions here regarding race seats, "race cars" and legitimate GT3 ownership.
I have a dedicated race car for endurance racing. It takes several minutes with assistance to get in the car and harnessed in.
My GT3 is nothing like it in any way, shape or form and my GT3.2 has 4 way seats.
The 918 buckets are well short of what is needed and used commonly by track/race cars--but it's ok to tell your buds that it is a race car.
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:21 PM
n3rd
Pro

I recommend you get some serious seat time in the carbon buckets... a few hours if possible. They are literally one the most comfortable seats you will sit in. I sat in a 918 with buckets and absolutely hated them (no driving time) and was going to order sofa seats until this forum swayed me to order LWB. I really am grateful for the recommendation. They are wonderful and comfortable seats. Ingress/egress takes time to get used to.

It’s your money and buy the car they way YOU want it (but get some seat time in the buckets).
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:23 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Salj
Too many "knowledgeable" opinions here regarding race seats, "race cars" and legitimate GT3 ownership.
I have a dedicated race car for endurance racing. It takes several minutes with assistance to get in the car and harnessed in.
My GT3 is nothing like it in any way, shape or form and my GT3.2 has 4 way seats.
The 918 buckets are well short of what is needed and used commonly by track/race cars--but it's ok to tell your buds that it is a race car.
Thanks, my friend, for the info............kinda my feeling but you expressed it very well.
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:30 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Guest89
I'll third. The car's special character will be lost on you.

Please buy a different "fast cool car" to pose at Starbucks and AARP meetings (if the seats hurt your back you're probably older).
I am deeply, deeply wounded.......coffee anyone..........

PS Butt and back are different, basic anatomy.....your probably fat, right.
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:41 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

No offense taken but why is a race car and comfortable seats incompatible? Your telling me uncomfortable seats make you a better driver or turn in better lap times? My wife and I are not medically compromised, in fact, we train 6 days a week, and are exceptionally fit.
So, I guess we agree to disagree.....thanks for the well wishes
That’s the thing, especially if you’re fit, they are no uncomfortable. Like other people stated, they may feel like that at first, but once you get some drive time in them, you perception will likely change. Several RL members, including SamPelligrino and others, got the same way as you at first, ordered sofas, got real lwb seat time in another car, and are now looking to spend an addition $10k+ to buy the buckets after the fact. Try drivind in them somewhere before your allocation locks.
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:43 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I can empathize with what others have commented and suggested. Just imagine wearing your favorite gym shoes but you have dress socks on. It still works based on preference of the wearer, but something in the looks just don't look right, and the "feel" may not be right. When you play sports (Tennis, Basketball, etc.,) you wear thick gym socks for "comfort" and prevention of blisters and callous. Others recommend seat time which by my experience fits and feels good on LWB seats, but I don't drive my GT* cars that long. All my GT* cars have LWB seats. Typically less than an hour if anything. The biggest challenge really is going in and out as I am OCD about bashing the leather on the LWB seats.

I have the Exclusive Series, and the 18-way is great for long driving, so I can see why you prefer the sofas.

It is your car and money so do what pleases you and what is best for you. Just my $0.02.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Went to the dealership to see if we should option the Full Bucket seats and they are so incredibly uncomfortable that I am sticking with the 18-way seats. My wife and I don't come with allot of padding, that is, we are slim and those seats kicked our butts. Long live sofas! Though, wanted that Lizard green color fabric found in the center of the Full Bucket seats so my SA is seeing if we can have that custom ordered.
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:44 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Totally agree with you, initially l felt LWB were uncomfortable and difficult to hop in and out of but didn't take long to realize they were a perfect mould to my body and adjusted to easily getting in and out of them. Long drives are more comfortable in these than my Lexus seats.

Originally Posted by n3rd
I recommend you get some serious seat time in the carbon buckets... a few hours if possible. They are literally one the most comfortable seats you will sit in. I sat in a 918 with buckets and absolutely hated them (no driving time) and was going to order sofa seats until this forum swayed me to order LWB. I really am grateful for the recommendation. They are wonderful and comfortable seats. Ingress/egress takes time to get used to.

It’s your money and buy the car they way YOU want it (but get some seat time in the buckets).
Old 04-24-2018 | 07:44 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

what the hell people... some folks have more backside padding and some folks have less, some folks fit buckets and others don't

everybody's money is green and who are we to tell people how to spend it

we are all trying to pursue our own happiness... dude can buy an RS with bean bag seats ... its all good

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS