Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 07:50 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
I would agree the spirit of the forums has changed and not necessarily for the better IMHO. I would also say the sales atmosphere of the Porsche dealerships and by default PCNA has changed too (and not for the better).

Find me a dealership that will take my deposit and honor their agreements with me and I will tell you about my good dealership experience. Very hard to find in the current climate. Also can't write about my driving experiences about a car I cant buy.

Just my .2. YMMV
All parties involved could benefit from some strong leadership and guidance by Porsche.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:42 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Martin - I, too, think you should avoid “stealerships” that are not honest. Please take 10mg of Xanex, wait 20 minutes, then review PNH's original GT3 ad:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post14619859

I’m not going to spend time discussing how perfectly convenient it is that Porsche North Houston's first manual transmission GT3 allocation suddenly became available for $22k over MSRP. Super convenient, as the Church Lady would say. Rather, let’s focus on WHY it became available. As stated clearly, the buyer took delivery and — because of a sudden personal reason — Porsche North Houston had to buy the car back unexpectedly “on short notice.” Medical emergency? Family problem? Needs liquidity on short notice? Sounds serious… hopefully the buyer is ok.

However, a week later, on an entirely different thread, PNH gave everyone a DIFFERENT REASON why the GT3 was available.

Here’s the link to that different explanation:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14633736

He doesn't want it because he ordered the Touring model instead? The Touring came out in early September. What about the sudden emergency on short notice in November? Besides, if the client ordered a Touring instead, why would he be forced to take delivery of a non-Touring allocation he doesn't want? Why? Because it enables PNH to sell the GT3 at market prices. My favorite part of the episode is how they frame the "buy-back" as a special gesture for a great client. Really PNH?

Rule #1: if you’re going to lie, always remember to keep the story straight. Houston, we have a problem. Martin - are they now a “stealership,” too?

Here’s Martin telling everyone that $22K over MSRP at PNH is “reasonable.”

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post14620757

Here’s Martin telling everyone that $22K over MSRP at the Auto Gallery makes them a “stealership:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14670010

Lastly…. CJ - I’m really thankful you’ve joined the conversation this week. I have so much to talk to you about, as well.

Edit in: Many thanks to all those who have private messaged me.

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 12-18-2017 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:15 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Martin - I, too, think you should avoid “stealerships” that are not honest. Please take 10mg of Xanex, wait 20 minutes, then review PNH's original GT3 ad:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post14619859

I’m not going to spend time discussing how perfectly convenient it is that Porsche North Houston's first manual transmission GT3 allocation suddenly became available for $22k over MSRP. Super convenient, as the Church Lady would say. Rather, let’s focus on WHY it became available. As stated clearly, the buyer took delivery and — because of a sudden personal reason — Porsche North Houston had to buy the car back unexpectedly “on short notice.” Medical emergency? Family problem? Needs liquidity on short notice? Sounds serious… hopefully the buyer is ok.

However, a week later, on an entirely different thread, PNH gave everyone a DIFFERENT REASON why the GT3 was available.

Here’s the link to that different explanation:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14633736

He doesn't want it because he ordered the Touring model instead? The Touring came out in early September. What about the sudden emergency on short notice in November? Besides, if the client ordered a Touring instead, why would he be forced to take delivery of a non-Touring allocation he doesn't want? Why? Because it enables PNH to sell the GT3 at market prices. My favorite part of the episode is how they frame the "buy-back" as a special gesture for a great client. Really PNH?

Rule #1: if you’re going to lie, always remember to keep the story straight. Houston, we have a problem. Martin - are they now a “stealership,” too?

Here’s Martin telling everyone that $22K over MSRP at PNH is “reasonable.”

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post14620757

Here’s Martin telling everyone that $22K over MSRP at the Auto Gallery makes them a “stealership:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14670010

Lastly…. CJ - I’m really thankful you’ve joined the conversation this week. I have so much to talk to you about, as well.

Edit in: Many thanks to all those who have private messaged me.
I must fully admit I find your trolling well researched and humorous in a great way. In fact, I was wrong about you being associated with The Porsche Exchange and to you and they I give my genuine apology.

I still haven't seen anything to change my opinion on Fresno but that hit on PNH? Well played sir, well played

...one correction though; the Touring wasn't available until November builds (and I think late November at that).
Old 12-18-2017, 06:29 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Touring was announced in September.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:39 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Touring was announced in September.
Irrelevant. He's using it as a point to hit PNH on and on that point he's basically guilty of overreaching on that point - which is exactly what he's accusing others of. A guy that had a car coming in November would have had their order lock well before that; further, no November USA arrivals could have been Touring cars anyways. That's why the announcement date is basically irrelevant.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:34 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Soooo anyone have a lead on a 991.2 RS or GT4RS list spot for msrp ?!

I'd like to buy one and then punish it on track

I also promise to never post a "value of porsche" thread if I get one

I also promise to post up videos of actually using it
Old 12-18-2017, 02:08 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Destaccado - You are misreading my post. The Touring was announced in September. No one would suddenly, on the spot, "on short notice" have to return their GT3 which they bought from PHN the day before - if they are using the Touring excuse. It's not like the Touring was announced the hour after the client took delivery.

It's all BS - all of it.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:14 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd also appreciate a lead on a slot for a GT3. I started looking once it was announced but it seemed impossible so I stopped. Now I am just crossing my fingers...
Old 12-18-2017, 02:27 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

so since we all know who everyone is, and not to lean either way on the arguments here, but Chicaowhale do you work for PCNA, a dealer or are you in anyway connected to a dealer? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, as I think both sides have valid points, but in full disclosure, it would help to know your motivation.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:40 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Destaccado - You are misreading my post.
No. Actually I'm not.

No one would suddenly, on the spot, "on short notice" have to return their GT3 which they bought from PHN the day before - if they are using the Touring excuse.
No. ...but they could have suddenly, on the spot, "on short notice" realized the Touring was coming out and their order was already locked for the standard configuration. In fact, given the timeframe - that's a very plausible explanation.

It's not like the Touring was announced the hour after the client took delivery.
No. ...but if their allocation was locked OR if their allocation had zero possibility of changing to Touring (which we already know is 100% the case based on this car's delivery timeframe) then your point is irrelevant and you're simply splitting hairs.

Announcement date of the Touring is irrelevant if your order is locked or you can't change it.

Should PNH have offered the locked configuration to the next customer in line instead of selling it for an ADM? Ya maybe...but that's not what you said.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:14 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Listen, lady..

One excuse works. Or the other excuse works.

BUT THEY DON'T WORK IN TANDEM.

I'm juxtaposing two different excuses, posted in different threads.

Did you hear that SWISH sound? That's the point of my post FLYING OVER YOUR BOUFFANT.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

"And the award for the Rennlist Arrogant Dbag of the Year for 2017 goes to..."
Old 12-18-2017, 03:35 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

I for one am finding this banter very entertaining on what will be a really long week waiting for Christmas.

I propose this question. If PNH should be put on or off the illustrious Martin "stealer" list or not. If they were truly not a stealer and let's just say the story is accurate about the guy wanting to turn it back in, why wouldn't PNH just call the HUGE list of .2 customers that they have and offer it to them? I find the .2 listing AND MARK UP puts them right into the group with the rest. I have an order at V070 with them "so I presume they can show Porsche their demand for .2's", I didn't get a call to see if I wanted it at MSRP.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:40 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

This is turning into a witch hunt.... this car brings out the worst in all of us lol
Old 12-18-2017, 03:50 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Listen, lady..

One excuse works. Or the other excuse works.

BUT THEY DON'T WORK IN TANDEM.

I'm juxtaposing two different excuses, posted in different threads.

Did you hear that SWISH sound? That's the point of my post FLYING OVER YOUR BOUFFANT.
As someone asked you, tell us if you work for PCNA or a Porsche dealership? I think everyone knows who I am and if you don't....I work for Internet Brands. Are you sure you just don't want to put me on "ignore" like some other folks have? Might be easier that way for the both of us. haha

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM