Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 06:59 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Even if PCNA wanted to control flipping, the market is the market, and it would take tremendous effort and expense, and in the end markets always find a way to circumvent restrictions ( extreme example is Venezuela, where there are no goods). Dealers are the real PCNA clients, not end consumers (exception for VIPs). The more $ dealers make on GT cars, the easier it is for PCNA to push unwanted Cayennes and Panameras on them. Everybody wins, including those who pay ADM, who get the car they want, when they want. In essence, GT buyers at ADM subsidize the heavy discounts necessary to move the other cars out of the floor. All good.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:10 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I wonder was it sold for MSRP or MSRP + ADM?
I pretraded my 2018 GT3 manual for msrp for a 2019 GT3RS allocation over sticker. This is the game you play if you want a car now.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:34 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
I pretraded my 2018 GT3 manual for msrp for a 2019 GT3RS allocation over sticker. This is the game you play if you want a car now.
MSRP + ADM was the best I could do and that wasn’t for lack of trying.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:25 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
Even if PCNA wanted to control flipping, the market is the market, and it would take tremendous effort and expense, and in the end markets always find a way to circumvent restrictions ( extreme example is Venezuela, where there are no goods). Dealers are the real PCNA clients, not end consumers (exception for VIPs). The more $ dealers make on GT cars, the easier it is for PCNA to push unwanted Cayennes and Panameras on them. Everybody wins, including those who pay ADM, who get the car they want, when they want. In essence, GT buyers at ADM subsidize the heavy discounts necessary to move the other cars out of the floor. All good.
Dealers are franchisees, not clients. If Porsche had respect for their customers they would at least put a stop to the “list” cheating game and prohibit dealers from hoarding allocations (trading from other dealers as well). But Porsche doesn’t care as long as they make money. IF people refused to play the game and this caused a decrease in sales you’d see Porsche stepping in.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:07 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

^without getting into semantics here, dealers are the ones making $ for Porsche. The GM from my dealer is the one that gets invited to go to Estoril and other places, without ever having bought a Porsche ( uses the corporate car, or whatever hey call those). All GT cars get sold, and the more cushion dealers have to give discounts on the other cars all win. I cannot tell anyone not to spend their $ in ADM. In the end, market deformed are what they are. By the way, I do agree with you.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

I prefer like everyone else not to pay ADM but you got to do, what you got to do. A couple of the Rennlister tried to cast shade about “not being lucky since he he paid an ADM” but I agree that luck had nothing to do with it, it had all to do with being successful and being able to afford an ADM. Let me get on my soap box, I can’t understand why people would cast shade unless they are, well, losers. My advice for those people is to get a bigger shovel.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:32 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I prefer like everyone else not to pay ADM but you got to do, what you got to do. A couple of the Rennlister tried to cast shade about “not being lucky since he he paid an ADM” but I agree that luck had nothing to do with it, it had all to do with being successful and being able to afford an ADM. Let me get on my soap box, I can’t understand why people would cast shade unless they are, well, losers. My advice for those people is to get a bigger shovel.
You are the problem, feeding the ADM frenzy. I don't blame the dealerships, but rather the "posers" paying the ADM. The term "poser" is used in the motorcycle community to identify the riders that been riding many years v the newbies just wanting a shiny new bike to be "seen" in. You spec your RS with sofas on an RS, yes an RS. Then you bend to pressure of the RL community and now optioning LWB's. Your own comments indicate your RS will never see the track, what a shame. This RS suspension is more track focused than ever before.
My prediction, you will end up selling the RS, between the ride quality and LWB on the street will aggregate you/wife. Again, what a shame there is ZERO chance your RS gets any track time.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:38 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
You are the problem, feeding the ADM frenzy. I don't blame the dealerships, but rather the "posers" paying the ADM. The term "poser" is used in the motorcycle community to identify the riders that been riding many years v the newbies just wanting a shiny new bike to be "seen" in. You spec your RS with sofas on an RS, yes an RS. Then you bend to pressure of the RL community and now optioning LWB's. Your own comments indicate your RS will never see the track, what a shame. This RS suspension is more track focused than ever before.
My prediction, you will end up selling the RS, between the ride quality and LWB on the street will aggregate you/wife. Again, what a shame there is ZERO chance your RS gets any track time.
Well, damn. Tell him how you really feel...
Old 05-20-2018, 04:44 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

lololololol
Old 05-20-2018, 04:46 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GT3
I'm tired of his ARROGANT posts. I realize it's his money and he's free to spend however he wants. It's a shame that a track focused car will never be in its natural habitat. It's also a shame those that want to use the car for what it's designed for can't, due to the ADM. The "posers" are feeding the frenzy.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Just wondering why you think you should have any say in how much someone pays for a car or how they spec it and use it? ADM is a result of capitalism. If you don't like it move to another country or make more money and pay it yourself. Or make more money and don't pay it, your option. If I chose to pay ADM and let it sit in my garage or drive it off a cliff why should I care what you think of my choices?
Old 05-20-2018, 04:51 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Closertotruth
Just wondering why you think you should have any say in how much someone pays for a car or how they spec it and use it? ADM is a result of capitalism. If you don't like it move to another country or make more money and pay it yourself. Or make more money and don't pay it, your option. If I chose to pay ADM and let it sit in my garage or drive it off a cliff why should I care what you think of my choices?
Read the entire thread, his posts are arrogant and inflammatory. I stated already, his money his choice. With that said, it's still a shame admittedly by the "poser" the car will never see the track, never. I realize there will be buyers that bubble wrap the RS and just putt around the neighborhood, but many better options than an RS. Again re read his posts.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

Exactly.....can't see that geniuses comments if it wasn't for your quote....I blocked that whiner. 0to62 km/h, boo hoo
Old 05-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

"aggregate you/wife" . What language is that....no wonder why you have an issue with my paying an ADM. Get an education then come and see me and maybe, if your real nice, I will let you polish my 3RS......
Old 05-20-2018, 05:12 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Hate seeing these type of comments in these threads. Pay adm if you want, don't if you don't want to. I actually get sofa's because they are more comfortable for me and I do track but it will see the street more because I don't have the time to track that often. If I can get an gt2rs, I'll spec it with sofa's. We all should be thankful we can afford the toys and argue over adm, not try to measure the size of your....

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM