Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bukowski
  • Steering wheel in alcantara with top center marking in color (other than red which is in the config, say yellow or silver grey) -The cost is actually just shy of $5000 ($4800 if I recall correctly)
  • Beltline trim in PTS color (dash/doors)
  • Air vent slats in PTS color (Possible and should be $1720)
  • Air vents (i.e. surrounds) in PTS color (Possible and should be $1720)
  • Seat belts in a unique color (other than ones offered through configurator) (Not possible as it is a safety item and each color must be tested individually)
  • Seat piping (if it is the only customization requested on seats)
  • Wheels with outer circle painted in PTS color (yes possible as CXX)
  • Vinyl decals - bottom of doors
  • Vinyl decals - roof and hood (yes and several options although 911R stripes not possible)
  • Vinyl decals - rear wing (PORSCHE script)
Thanks, was able to get answers from CXX since i posted. You are correct, steering wheel in colored 12 o'clock marker is $4,800 (though they can only do a few colors, e.g. won't do blue). If you get say the yellow deviated thread option on the interior ($3,500 in addition to full leather), you are getting the yellow stitched steering wheel (sans 12 o'clock marker). So basically you need to shell out $4,800 in addition just to get the yellow marker. Scratching my head on this one, as it was a factory option on the GT4 straight from the configurator.

Here are the CXX prices per above line items:
  • Steering wheel in alcantara with top center marking in color (other than red which is in the config, say yellow or silver grey) - $4800
  • Beltline trim in PTS color (dash/doors) - $2,640 (which is actually a no-cost option if not a PTS color...)
  • Air vent slats in PTS color - Per configurator - same price of $1720 regardless if PTS or not (and you do get deviated stitching leather surrounds)
  • Air vents (i.e. surrounds) in PTS color - Per configurator - same price of $1720 regardless if PTS or not
  • Seat belts in a unique color (other than ones offered through configurator) (Not possible as it is a safety item and each color must be tested individually, though there are 5 or so colors offered in the config)
  • Seat piping - requires full seat customization - $8,700
  • Wheels with outer circle painted in PTS color - ~$5,000
  • Vinyl decals - bottom of doors - $1,435
  • Vinyl decals - roof and hood - $3,040
  • Vinyl decals - rear wing (PORSCHE script) - $640
  • Optional choice for leather on dashboard - $5,100
  • Optional choice for alcantara on door cards + dashboard - $8,630
Old 01-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
Update: My order is still OK, GT cars are OK and not included in Stop on existing orders.
Great to hear, Andre! Makes full sense to honor existing orders.

So is this a correct summary: CXX/PTS stop sales are only on new orders, seemingly up to and incl Aug, so allocation months affected are May/June/July/August - on new orders only?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:27 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Great to hear, Andre! Makes full sense to honor existing orders.

So is this a correct summary: CXX/PTS stop sales are only on new orders, seemingly up to and incl Aug, so allocation months affected are May/June/July/August - on new orders only?
only on new orders from what I heard from Atlanta--also the lift only affects NA cars. Not sure about EU cars.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:48 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

So if my PTS order is in with Yana but the order not yet submitted/approved by factory for a production date - then my PTS order looks like it will get rejected? and I'll have to select a build using configurator colors? Is that what I am reading?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:56 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
So if my PTS order is in with Yana but the order not yet submitted/approved by factory for a production date - then my PTS order looks like it will get rejected? and I'll have to select a build using configurator colors? Is that what I am reading?

never mind. See it does not apply to GT cars.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Best to contact Yana at this point as only she can give you a definitive answer given she knows your specific circumstance, but with the risk of reeking havoc I would venture to say if the order has not been formally submitted yet to Germany, it will be considered a new request, and hence under the moratorium. But only PNA/PAG can tell you that for sure.

And yes, should your PTS be denied, you are working with the standard colors as per the configurator. Hopefully you will be 'grandfathered' though as it seems you've been working with Atlanta on your order till now.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:02 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

never mind. See it does not apply to GT cars.
It does apply to GT cars (allocations up to Aug), this is per member Chicago Whale who seems in the know of things:

Previously, there was a PTS order-stop on all Zuffenhausen cars until April (or after) allocations. Now there is a PTS order-stop on all Zuffenhausen cars regardless of the allocation month.

There is, however, this one exception: GT cars are permitted to have PTS on August (or later) allocations. Only GT cars. Normal 911/718's are under PTS order-stop.

If you have a PTS allocation in V215 or V250 status, you have nothing to be concerned with.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:57 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Update: My order is still OK, GT cars are OK and not included in Stop on existing orders.
Yes. Got confirmation my order is good too, despite not having locked yet. This must mean that all orders entered in the PVMS with the PTS and/or CXX options prior the stop order, even if not yet locked, will be honored.

However, it is my understanding that the PTS and CXX stop order is in effect for ALL MY2018 911 and 982, including GT cars. Scheduled to resume for August or later GT allocations only. So if a customer didn't have PTS/CXX on their order and tries to add them to their build now, the PVMS won't allow it, unless the GT allocation is for August or later.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Very interesting, looks like they are giving priority to GT cars for PTS (as they should since they are getting much more money for each order than a non-GT car).
Old 01-22-2018, 03:16 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
are you gelbgrun? Some weeks ago, my Gelbgrun order had moved to 3/20 complete, and then the other day it went back to the original date of 2/16 complete. The order is v250, locked on 1/19.
Back in July 2017, I had a November 2017 allocation and requested PTS through the ZPT or whatever special request code it was at the time for Gelbgrun. Within weeks, it was accepted and my build allocation month was moved out to April 2018. Since then, the order has gone back and forth between V170, V110, and V180. Most recently it was V215 for about 1-2 months (June delivery), followed by going back to V200 a week or two ago (and moved to July delivery), then V210 a few days ago (moved up to May delivery), and now it is sitting at V170 again (with all dates missing!).

Long story short, if anyone is V215, I wouldn't just assume you're golden as things may change...

TheI'm happy that many folks on here have their PTS cars going into production, but I wish Porsche would honor the earliest PTS orders and (ideally) give them the earliest build schedules as well!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:15 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Back in July 2017, I had a November 2017 allocation and requested PTS through the ZPT or whatever special request code it was at the time for Gelbgrun. Within weeks, it was accepted and my build allocation month was moved out to April 2018. Since then, the order has gone back and forth between V170, V110, and V180. Most recently it was V215 for about 1-2 months (June delivery), followed by going back to V200 a week or two ago (and moved to July delivery), then V210 a few days ago (moved up to May delivery), and now it is sitting at V170 again (with all dates missing!).

Long story short, if anyone is V215, I wouldn't just assume you're golden as things may change...

TheI'm happy that many folks on here have their PTS cars going into production, but I wish Porsche would honor the earliest PTS orders and (ideally) give them the earliest build schedules as well!
+1,000,000

Happy for many second round allocation guys that ordered PTS and their allocation stayed fixed, unlike many of us in the first round that were booted out 8 months. It’s like waiting at a restaurant and a walk in customer is seated while someone with a reservation waits. Just bad manners!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:19 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Very interesting, looks like they are giving priority to GT cars for PTS (as they should since they are getting much more money for each order than a non-GT car).
Just an FYI, our PTS price is the same as charged in Europe (after exchange), from a post I saw earlier.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:30 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

looks like everything is good to go for me! pts/cxx got the nod from Germany
only 4 months till delivery
Old 01-22-2018, 06:13 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Was informed today by my SA, sales GM, and Yana in Atlanta that mine is now V215 “materials ordered”. Production month now apparently April and delivery estimated late July.

Was originally a November 2017 allocation since early 2017 with PTS requested. Got the call about the new PTS request process in late July and told it would be approved, within a week after which learned about PTS price increase and held steady. At time of the call was told my production was Q1 2018, then soon thereafter told March 2018 with probable delivery 6-8 weeks after start of production. Learned I was in V180 “limbo” like most here.

Then Touring announced last September, which I wanted and had been anxiously waiting for, but not in PTS which wasn’t available for it yet. Took Yana’s advice in September to hold off on switching to Touring, which would have killed PTS then on faith that PTS would become available in combination with Touring before my order would lock in December or January. Still v180. In November PTS was offered for Touring and I requested to update order options to add Touring. Yana “unlocked” order which made it V110 so changes could be made, which I confirmed in early December. Finalized CXX selections a couple weeks ago and got word last week they were approved by Porsche Germany.

Now this timeline and confirmation of V215 status.

Don’t know whether the much discussed PTS/CXX “stop order” has affected mine or not. No one giving me any direct answer on that. Guess it doesn’t really matter.

FWIW, Montoya, for your chart, order is Touring chrome, PTS (wish to keep color quiet still), manual of course, with CXX seats. Decided to hold off on stripes for now since having a rough time picking colors and can easily do alter to exact match for less (and put them on top of PPF then if I choose to do that after delivery. Or I might not do at all depending on how it turns out.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:32 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts
Default V215!!!

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order