991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 05:01 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

no black leds on mine nor carbon side mirrors but the song remains the same

Last edited by fxz; 02-17-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:07 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

I'm debating yellow stitching right now. (But now people have told me that I'm out of luck on CXX and PTS, time will tell). Been working with Daniel, awaiting rendering.

Meerblau/PCCBs/Satin Aluminum Wheels
Standard Light Aluminum Touring Trim
Xenons w/ PDLS
Black buckets
Houndstooth
Silver seatbelts
Carbon or black leather trim
White dials (on the fence here)

Yellow deviated stitching or GT Silver? That's really the last piece of the puzzle.
Going for an elegant build. Obsessed with bringing an outside color in. Also considering CXX painted seat belt passthroughs.
Please weigh in. Thanks
Old 02-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I'm debating yellow stitching right now. (But now people have told me that I'm out of luck on CXX and PTS, time will tell). Been working with Daniel, awaiting rendering.

Xenons w/ PDLS
Black buckets
Houndstooth
Silver seatbelts

Yellow deviated stitching or GT Silver? That's really the last piece of the puzzle.
Going for an elegant build. Obsessed with bringing an outside color in. Also considering CXX painted seat belt passthroughs.
Please weigh in. Thanks
Looks great but I would keep the black aluminum default trim in the touring! It’s really special IMO. I would have done it via CXX on my 3 but it was over $4k.

Last edited by Mech33; 02-12-2018 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:13 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
But that's the thing, these are such low production cars, the odds of seeing a GT3 T in the wild is almost impossible, let alone a Mexico blue color, I think you know what I'm trying to say. When I posted my Viper build on Montoya spread sheet and got a few PM's asking about the color and the yellow deviated stitching. I felt I was helping Rennlistets and also felt the odds of a viper green GT3 pulling up to me a stop light is a severe long shot. Maybe your build could hav helped another Rennlisters going through the minefield of PTS/CXX. I respect that you are under no obligation to help our Rennlisteters with PTS/CXx, wouldn't it be nice.
How does naming a PTS colour having anything to do with the help and advise lapis has provided on the CXX and PTS processes? He's stated his personal reasons, which he did not have to, but you seem to think he owed the forum more.

Maybe it's me, but you are sounding a bit weird and unrelenting on this topic....
Old 02-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Xenons w/ PDLS
Black buckets
Houndstooth
Silver seatbelts

Please weigh in. Thanks
Yellow stitching and yellow belts would be my choice.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:24 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Yellow belts Will take over the scene obfuscating the interior
Old 02-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Provie
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Disclosure per disclosure

GT3t chrome
PTS Olivegruen
Standard Silver wheels
Clear LEDs
PCCBs
Yellow air vents
No sport chrono
White dials
Carbon seats
Acid green stitching on black leather
custom leather black acid green floor mats
custom alu door sills
silver yellow side decals
HQ delivery

April delivery
HEY!! You copied my build!! 😂😂😱
JK! Nice choices!
here’s what I did:

GT3t BLACK
PDLS (xenons)
Olive Green
PCCBS
Satin AL wheels
LWB’s
standard back stitching w extended dash leather
CXX silver and agate houndstooth (inserts only)
CXX inspired side decals (aftermarket)
CXX Center locks

April production
🇨🇦

Old 02-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

But that's the thing, these are such low production cars, the odds of seeing a GT3 T in the wild is almost impossible, let alone a Mexico blue color, I think you know what I'm trying to say. When I posted my Viper build on Montoya spread sheet and got a few PM's asking about the color and the yellow deviated stitching. I felt I was helping Rennlistets and also felt the odds of a viper green GT3 pulling up to me a stop light is a severe long shot. Maybe your build could hav helped another Rennlisters going through the minefield of PTS/CXX. I respect that you are under no obligation to help our Rennlisteters with PTS/CXx, wouldn't it be nice.
Look up my posts. I’ve helped (or shared my opinion to those who asked for them) plenty about PTS and CXX options. Including at great lengths for some who have messaged me or even called me privately offline. I’m happy to help where I can. Again, I don’t think choosing not to share my own PTS color choice in any way represents not helping others on this forum.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:42 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

I can’t wait for all these cars to arrive. Would be great to set up a PTS get together event at Atlanta PEC or something later this year.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Xenons w/ PDLS
Black buckets
Houndstooth
Silver seatbelts

Please weigh in. Thanks
Don’t do the CXX paint seatbelt pass throughs on seats, especially in bright color like yellow. Garish and plasticky looking IMO. Only painted pass throughs I’ve seen and liked were GT silver in combination with some other silver accents in car, which is reasonable.

Yellow stitching can can be really beautiful against black leather. Almost did it myself but my build locked before it became available to order on Touring...

Love your color and build otherwise. One suggestion: with dark color and silver wheels (great!) the headlights will loom better bright/silver, so do either standard (non PDLS) xenon or standard (not black) LED headlights. I’ve never understood cars with silver wheels and black headlights. Now if you were doing black wheels and Touring with black trim, then sure, dark headlights would round out that look. Or, if you were doing a very light exterior color like white or cream, then dark headlights (and wheels) would add nice contrast to that.

In terms of standard xenon vs standard LED, which are both light silver in color, my vote is xenon since it looks better cosmetically (single larger eyeball and tight 4-point square of LED running lights inside) and they’re $2200 cheaper. But if you would actually get benefit from the brighter LEDs with their included PDLS swiveling feature that the standard Xenons lack (if you do a lot of night driving), then maybe do that.

For myself, while I appreciate the PDLS feature set, technically, in reality, I am unlikely to do much if any night driving in this car, and even then, the regular xenon’s are plenty bright.

Old 02-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Last clarification: I’m not concerned about another PTS Mexico Blue GT3 Touring pulling up next to me, of course. Even if there are others, they’re extremely unlikely to be nearby me. But given the enthusiast market for these cars and forums like this, Instagram and Google, etc., it will be known globally whether a particular PTS color GT3 Touring is one of one or one of many. I’d prefer to be one of one.

There was was one of one PTS Mexico Blue 911R made, I think. at least in all my searching I’ve only found reference or pics of just the same single one. That makes it special. There were 991 911R’s made. It occurs to me there may end up being fewer GT3 Touring cars actually delivered, especially if it’s true that the 991.2 GT3 will be MY2018 only worldwide and the limited ordering window for them since the Touring Package came out last September. GT3 Touring PTS cars may end up being rarer than 911R PTS cars.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3
I can’t wait for all these cars to arrive. Would be great to set up a PTS get together event at Atlanta PEC or something later this year.
Of course. It’s called Smokies GT.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:17 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
How does naming a PTS colour having anything to do with the help and advise lapis has provided on the CXX and PTS processes? He's stated his personal reasons, which he did not have to, but you seem to think he owed the forum more.

Maybe it's me, but you are sounding a bit weird and unrelenting on this topic....
Giving advice on a color, asking questions, that's how we learn. Big deal so a few copy him, copy me. Ironically PTS copies the person who submitted the build. It's never wrong to help someone be it PTS or anything. Example, I went viper green and a few PM's asking questions. I felt I cleared up a few questions and gave some options. The fellow Rennlister selects whatever color he wants. Again since these cars are hardly seen in the wild, I don't care if my advice points the Rennlister to viper green, the more the merrier. At the end of the day, we all copied the PTS color.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:04 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

Of course. It’s called Smokies GT.
Yeah, but your car is unlikely to make it by that event this year. And mine definitely won’t. I was thinking of something later this year. So obviously, the Smokies event this year is irrelevant to us. Only 2019...
Old 02-10-2018, 07:21 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3

Yeah, but your car is unlikely to make it by that event this year. And mine definitely won’t. I was thinking of something later this year. So obviously, the Smokies event this year is irrelevant to us. Only 2019...
of course. But I meant that we meet there annually. Most of us with PTS 991.2 GT3’s (especially Touring Pkg cars, which are mostly too late) won’t receive them in time for this spring’s event, but surely we’ll bring them next time around.

Lookinh forward to seeing Sean Groer’s Gelbgrün, though. It’s due just in time.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order