Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:04 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 338 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm not a big fan of green but this looks great. I also have to commend Porsche for naming these greens -- Viper, Signal, Pure. Would anyone choose a green labeled "Grass?"

Old 02-04-2018, 01:22 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
....Would anyone choose a green labeled "Grass?"
Only if it was a $420. Option
Old 02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

I would love to see grass green. No one could tell me what it looked like.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:19 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

PURE GREEN isn t grass green? at least the closest color i mean
Old 02-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was def "grass green" a few times at university...
Old 02-04-2018, 05:10 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Kills Bugs Fast
i was def "grass green" a few times at university...
Lol that green is darker isn't it?
Old 02-04-2018, 05:11 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Wow... Small world, lol. Congrats. I remember your early December posts (below) from Eduardo's Reference Guide to PTS. I thought you had gone with Viper Green (as per Montoya's chart). So you switched from the standard dark stitching to GT Silver? When did your build lock? Mine is scheduled for V300 on 05/04/2018,and U004 Entry Port Jacksonville on 06/15/2018. I figure I should pick it within 1-2 weeks of that date. Looking forward to pictures of yours.
You found it :-) I went many times back and forth on viper vs. pure. Finally had one of the exclusive consultants running across the their showroom in Stuttgart with the two samples in her hand to see the different looks in different light, that was a show! So finally I picked Pure Green in December, with racing yellow stitching, door sill carbon illuminated in yellow, vents in black leather and yellow stitching. But switched to the Touring last minute and worked with Nick on the renderings. Glad your like the lighter green with the yellow Porsche decal I suggested to Nick when he did the first rendering in pure green.

I also considered to go yellow for the interior as well, including the seats of the 991 T with the yellow thin stripes on sportex. After I have seen sportex in person, this was a no go for me. But a friend of my just got his gulf blue GT3 with peptia seats, I was sold in a second! But peptia dark grey and yellow stitching is not to great in my eyes (I was able to see a R with this combo) so I went with GT silver stitching. So here we are, currently April build but not sure with the delays for CXX options if the date will hold.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:14 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

That green 911 with the yellow script and silver wheels is absolutely awesome. I hope you go for it! There is a RS in the LA area with a similar spec and it also looks fantastic.

There are few other brands that give buyers such a wide array of options to individualize and customize their dream cars. It's always wonderful to see what people come up with.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Arnaud Taquet
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Delivery = done. ****ty weather around Paris though...almost had to face the snow with semi-click tyres for her very first kilometers...but still pretty cool !
Super happy with the specs as well as that manual gearbox ! XPEL Ultimate is done too so it's definetely ready for upcoming roadtrips

Old 02-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
So my order locked January 24. Luckily, PTS and all CXX was approved. However, I didn’t leave anything to chance and keep in contact with both my SA and PCNA on a daily basis- almost. Both were super responsive and great to deal with. Color will be Pure Green Y56, new color approved in 2014/15. Here are some samples thanks to a couple Rennlist members and PCNA:

NS2 did a great job with renderings and visualizing the final product:

As you can see, these colors can be very sensitive to lighting, cameras, and lenses. Have not seen the color in person, but that’s okay as long as it’s green As of yesterday, still on schedule for late June delivery.
A pleasure working with you! Given so many different variations of Porsche's shades of green and lighting conditions, I am looking forward to seeing the real life photos of this build more than anything right now!
Old 02-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnaud Taquet
Delivery = done. ****ty weather around Paris though...almost had to face the snow with semi-click tyres for her very first kilometers...but still pretty cool !
Super happy with the specs as well as that manual gearbox ! XPEL Ultimate is done too so it's definetely ready for upcoming roadtrips

What a spec! That color is absolutely incredible. Since the photos of your car have surfaced, we have been getting quite a few inquiries about specs/renderings in Viola Metallic! It is an underappreciated color that your photography skills really bring to the light.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:53 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 538 Posts

Superbe couleur!!!
Old 02-05-2018, 06:27 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Gorgeous! Post more pics, please!

Can’t wait till I get my viola
Old 02-05-2018, 07:16 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving
You found it :-) I went many times back and forth on viper vs. pure. Finally had one of the exclusive consultants running across the their showroom in Stuttgart with the two samples in her hand to see the different looks in different light, that was a show! So finally I picked Pure Green in December, with racing yellow stitching, door sill carbon illuminated in yellow, vents in black leather and yellow stitching. But switched to the Touring last minute and worked with Nick on the renderings. Glad your like the lighter green with the yellow Porsche decal I suggested to Nick when he did the first rendering in pure green.

I also considered to go yellow for the interior as well, including the seats of the 991 T with the yellow thin stripes on sportex. After I have seen sportex in person, this was a no go for me. But a friend of my just got his gulf blue GT3 with peptia seats, I was sold in a second! But peptia dark grey and yellow stitching is not to great in my eyes (I was able to see a R with this combo) so I went with GT silver stitching. So here we are, currently April build but not sure with the delays for CXX options if the date will hold.
Yeah, I've had Pure Green since November, and CXX the beginning of December. Almost switched it to Arrow/Oslo Blue in December, but since it was my first PTS, I had to do green. Viper has become to common I think, so I wanted to try something new like Pure Green. I always did wonder why NS2's renderings had the European plates... The first one they sent me was without the decals, but I actually requested the decals in that color afterwards. That's crazy you had originally requested (maybe before me) everything I ended up requesting from them, down to the side decal colors! They never disclosed nor said anyone else was doing a similar build. Here is my build code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJG9L7Z4 with cxx side decals and Houndtooth inserts.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:28 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Love that purple...

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order