Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 06:06 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Now THAT is willpower! And hopefully the surprise isn't that they got your voicemail when they called so they sold it to one of the 5 guys standing around the dealership begging for an opportunity to buy it off the truck.
The stuff of nightmares!

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
That's so weird yours got pushed back that far when everybody else is getting pulled forward. Did you make any changes or something?

Sansan, do you have cxx options?
Old 02-13-2018, 06:48 PM
sansan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Sansan, do you have cxx options?[/QUOTE]

I was going to but decided against custom sills. Only thing I have is deviated stitching in acid green.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:56 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
That's so weird yours got pushed back that far when everybody else is getting pulled forward. Did you make any changes or something?
"A zero-sum game is a mathematical representation of a situation in which each participant's gain or loss of utility is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the utility of the other participants."

It stands to reason, unless they increased production rates, that if some folks' production dates are getting pushed forward, others' are getting pushed back.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:51 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Well, the PTS Stop order is resulting in cancellations for a lot of customers that have put in PTS requests late- ie- anyone not V215 with a January request is possibly subject to cancellation. I think if you changed colors during this date you also may be at risk. I’ll be updating the list tonight so we can all keep track of what is going on. Cancelled orders will remain on the list in red for our reference and benefit of understanding.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:02 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Sometimes the anticipation is the best part.

Weird, on my cinema display your buddy's stitch looks white or silver, except the dash.
You're correct ....
It is the best part for sure
best
Ed
Old 02-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
"A zero-sum game is a mathematical representation of a situation in which each participant's gain or loss of utility is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the utility of the other participants."

It stands to reason, unless they increased production rates, that if some folks' production dates are getting pushed forward, others' are getting pushed back.
Indeed, I am in the latter camp. What was originally an Apr prod got moved to May, to now end of June.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

2,000 posts on a PTS thread! Yea!
Old 02-14-2018, 01:02 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I know people will disagree with me, but it is painfully clear from watching Instagram that they are doing the same color cars in a row. Whether this is supplier issues with the related painted parts or they actually go through the line in a row I don’t know, but you see them pop up together (usually a euro car first and then the US cars a few weeks later). I think that explains the shuffling of build dates for PTS.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:17 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by sansan

For you? Of course...

Painted slats! yes, so cool
Old 02-14-2018, 01:57 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default List updated!

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Indeed, I am in the latter camp. What was originally an Apr prod got moved to May, to now end of June.
Missed it! So many updates, will be on the next one- thanks!

Originally Posted by Lapis
2,000 posts on a PTS thread! Yea!
Something to celebrate!

Originally Posted by evilfij
I know people will disagree with me, but it is painfully clear from watching Instagram that they are doing the same color cars in a row. Whether this is supplier issues with the related painted parts or they actually go through the line in a row I don’t know, but you see them pop up together (usually a euro car first and then the US cars a few weeks later). I think that explains the shuffling of build dates for PTS.
Some patterns are emerging on the list. I'm sure some of the data is wrong since I don't receive regular updates from a lot of people...

List is updated! Thanks for the PM's and updates!

Edit- Almost forgot that I rec'd an update on Euro delivery today. Did you know that Liptzieg and Zuffenhausen close for Summer Break the second week of July? Really???? This is news to me as now my order may not be done in time for Euro delivery before summer break. They say three week from end of production until delivery. Ugh! Schedule right now for my car is end of June.

Andre
Old 02-14-2018, 04:06 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

my is putshed back
Old 02-14-2018, 09:06 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving

The perfect build! Because it is excactly my build as well, touring pure green with silver wheels, GT silver stiching and pepita seats. April build as well and Leipzig delivery... so make sure, you don‘t pick my car by accident :-)

Decided to do a quick search on instagram for Pure Green and found this. May well be the first Pure Green sample on an actual car I’ve seen so far:

Last edited by GT3; 02-14-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:03 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tonsoframen
Just got my update today, verified V215 status! This waiting game is a killer
Do you have more information on your build? Color, dealer state and country? Manual or PDK? Touring? Euro Delivery? Vcode?
Old 02-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

I just saw a PTS Audi RS7 the local dealer just in - painted Voodoo Blue. Cost for PTS - $3900. Same Voodoo Blue Porsche uses.
Maybe Porsche can ask its' sister company to take up some of the PTS slack? They are obviously more efficient at the process.

More proof the price has nothing to do with the actual cost. It's just how much Porsche thinks they can gouge the customer for before they blink. Perhaps they need to read the story about the goose with the gold eggs. . .
Old 02-14-2018, 12:02 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I just saw a PTS Audi RS7 the local dealer just in - painted Voodoo Blue. Cost for PTS - $3900. Same Voodoo Blue Porsche uses.
Maybe Porsche can ask its' sister company to take up some of the PTS slack? They are obviously more efficient at the process.

More proof the price has nothing to do with the actual cost. It's just how much Porsche thinks they can gouge the customer for before they blink. Perhaps they need to read the story about the goose with the gold eggs. . .
For proof that the price of PTS has nothing to do with the actual cost - we don't need to look any further than Porsche itself. Check out what PTS costs for a regular 911, no more paint needed than for the GT3 (OK maybe, just maybe a few drops more for the added wing, but certainly not for the Touring version). Or for an even more dramatic comparo, check out what PTS costs for a Macan, multiple times the surface area vs GT3 and yet it costs significantly less...

The significant price hike was meant to deter a high take rate - or so Porsche thought. Clearly demand proved to be inelastic, they got overwhelmed (in light of other priorities such as cranking out as many GT cars as possible and this was throwing a wrench in those plans).

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order