Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 01:32 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats Henry.
Love the Irish Green with the brown special leather.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Now that Porsche is turning down any new PTS orders and refusing changes on any approved ones, I guess I can disclose my V215 (now May production) Touring will be Mexico Blue. CXX includes custom tailored LWB seats with black leather, silver/black houndstooth inserts, silver piping, and GT3 script embroidered on the headrests in black for a subtle tone on tone look and to match the otherwise black interior stitching on Touring Package.

Exterior will have the Touring chrome trim, standard silver (non-PDLS) xenon headlights, and standard silver wheels.

Planning stripes aftermarket like in the render below, which would be in two-tone Soft Blue (similar to Gulf) and yellow to match the PCCBs. May consider top stripes too, but haven’t decided yet. And if so, undecided between 911R style or the Sport Classic ones which are growing on me. Guess doing them aftermarket will be me a few more months to obsess over what to do.

Many have asked on this thread why be secretive about PTS color choice? I echo others who have said we hope to not encourage others to order our same color. Of course Mexico Blue is popular so I had no allusions I would be the only one. However, looking at Montoya’s list so far, There are 7 discloses Mexico Blue on it but none of them are disclosed as Touring and one is marked as delivered and specifically NOT a Touring. The other 6 are manuals though so hard to know for sure. With any luck, maybe I’ll be the only Mexico Blue Touring, but that’s probably wishful thinking. Seems this time around the greens are all the rage, which is understandable since no greens are offered by Porsche.

In choosing Mexico Blue I suppose I’ve gone a little against my own mantra about not picking a PTS color similar to one available without PTS, that is, Mexico Blue is somewhat close to Miami Blue. But having seen Miami Blue in person, it is a lot greener (teal) than Mexico Blue. And I just really like Mexico Blue. It’s also got history having been a beautiful example on the 1974 RS 2.7 that the GT3 Touring is supposedly an homage to. That’s what I was after especially with the silver wheels and chrome trim.

Below are are a few interior renders courtesy of the fellas at NS2 and the exterior render is me messing around in Photoshop from a similar render another RLer has done of his in green. I know it’s not perfect Mexico Blue but it’s not too far off.

Here are a few pics of some inspiration, which is a 1975 model (my birth year)....

Last edited by Lapis; 02-10-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Now that Porsche is turning down any new PTS orders and refusing changes on any approved ones, I guess I can disclose my V215 (now May production) Touring will be Mexico Blue. CXX includes custom tailored LWB seats with black leather, silver/black houndstooth inserts, silver piping, and GT3 script embroidered on the headrests in black for a subtle tone on tone look and to match the otherwise black interior stitching on Touring Package.

Exterior will have the Touring chrome trim, standard silver (non-PDLS) xenon headlights, and standard silver wheels.

Planning stripes aftermarket like in the render below, which would be in two-tone Soft Blue (similar to Gulf) and yellow to match the PCCBs. May consider top stripes too, but haven’t decided yet. And if so, undecided between 911R style or the Sport Classic ones which are growing on me. Guess doing them aftermarket will be me a few more months to obsess over what to do.

Many have asked on this thread why be secretive about PTS color choice? I echo others who have said we hope to not encourage others to order our same color. Of course Mexico Blue is popular so I had no allusions I would be the only one. However, looking at Montoya’s list so far, There are 7 discloses Mexico Blue on it but none of them are disclosed as Touring and one is marked as delivered and specifically NOT a Touring. The other 6 are manuals though so hard to know for sure. With any luck, maybe I’ll be the only Mexico Blue Touring, but that’s probably wishful thinking. Seems this time around the greens are all the rage, which is understandable since no greens are offered by Porsche.

In choosing Mexico Blue I suppose I’ve gone a little against my own mantra about not picking a PTS color similar to one available without PTS, that is, Mexico Blue is somewhat close to Miami Blue. But having seen Miami Blue in person, it is a lot greener (teal) than Mexico Blue. And I just really like Mexico Blue. It’s also got history having been a beautiful example on the 1974 RS 2.7 that the GT3 Touring is supposedly an homage to. That’s what I was after especially with the silver wheels and chrome trim.

Below are are a few interior renders courtesy of the fellas at NS2 and the exterior render is me messing around in Photoshop from a similar render another RLer has done of his in green. I know it’s not perfect Mexico Blue but it’s not too far off.

Here are a few pics of some inspiration, which is a 1975 model (my birth year)....

White piping? I like your style!
Old 02-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

P.S. Congratulations to all those here getting their PTS and CXX wishes... really looking forward to seeing them all at least in pics. Am especially jealous of those getting Tourings in some of the darker classic PTS colors like British Racing Green, Oak Green Metallic, etc., and some of the dark blues like Meerblau, especially if you’re doing them with chrome trim and silver wheels, which I think will look very very classy.

I was was very close to ordering one of the colors above, or possible Slate Grey like the 911R Steve McQueen edition so beautifully photographed in Paris.

didnt see any notes but I bet Mahogany would look nice on a Touring too.

Will also be fun fun to see some more outlandish skittles colors on a Touring (Signal Yellow, Pure Green).

now for the long wait...
Old 02-10-2018, 03:33 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

Omg ... that's going to be stunning!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:25 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Lapis, that build is DOPE!!! I completely understand why you or anyone won't share their color... In fact, I feel the exact same way.

Mexico Blue has nothing to do with Miami Blue IMHO.

Love the silver piping. Essentially, you're paying the full seat customization price (over the price for the houndstooth alone) for the piping and the embroidered GT3, correct? Same black leather I imagine.

Love your color choices on the side stripes. Please don't do any top stripes, perfect as is. Elegance in simplicity. Congrats on a superb build.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Lapis, that build is DOPE!!! I completely understand why you or anyone won't share their color... In fact, I feel the exact same way.

Mexico Blue has nothing to do with Miami Blue IMHO.

Love the silver piping. Essentially, you're paying the full seat customization price (over the price for the houndstooth alone) for the piping and the embroidered GT3, correct? Same black leather I imagine.

Love your color choices on the side stripes. Please don't do any top stripes, perfect as is. Elegance in simplicity. Congrats on a superb build.
yes, coughing up the full $8875 USD to get the piping (and embroidered headrest) vs $3555 USD for the houndstooth alone. Funny thing is I had decided not to do CXX seats at all thinking them too expensive until last month when Porsche finally made the Houndstooth inserts alone available for “just” $3555. Started down that road but just was underwhelmed by the pics of 911R interiors with only the houndstooth and no piping. And started thinking “what’s another $5K or so to have something truly special on a $180K+ car...”. Yes, dangerous line of thinking, I know. But then these pics of the silver piping on black leather LWBs from a 918 Spyder sold me and I had to have it. Also it occurred to me (since I searched all night long for pics without success) that apparently no one has ever done houndstooth with silver piping, much less black on black embroidered stitching on headrests. So at least I will have something really unique...

Old 02-10-2018, 04:36 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Awesome build Lapis. Congrats. Good call on no Sport Chrono.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:36 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Disclosure per disclosure

GT3t chrome
PTS Olivegruen
Standard Silver wheels
Clear LEDs
PCCBs
Yellow air vents
No sport chrono
White dials
Carbon seats
Acid green stitching on black leather
custom leather black acid green floor mats
custom alu door sills
silver yellow side decals
HQ delivery

April delivery
Old 02-10-2018, 04:37 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Delete

Last edited by GT3; 02-10-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 02-10-2018, 04:40 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I never understood the secret squirrel attitude and not sharing with the forum. Montoya put a lot of work into is tracking spread sheet, and I thought this is a forum is where we enthusiasts share ideas and give advice. Do you realize the odds of your PTS touring in Mexico Blue ever being seen in the wild ? I could understand if the PTS color was submitted by you and approved then I could understand, cause it's your color and one would have done the feasibility leg work, but Mexico Blue been around a while, and you are just selecting a color that someone else did the leg work long ago. This entire secret attitude reminds me of the student in high school putting his arm around his test answer sheet, you are not coping me. Just wish there would be more sharing here to help other Rennlistets. Maybe someone could have been helped by your build, aren't we one big extended family of enthusiasts ?
Old 02-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Just to share for anyone interested in this level of obsessing....

Had really wanted to get “touring” script embroidered on headrests instead of “GT3” but despite repeated requests answer was no unless it is a “project car” which I could have requested but no guarantee, lots more $$$$, and months more delay.

Also, Porsche just made deviated stitching in other colors available less than 2 weeks ago (about a week or two after I signed off on the CXX seats). Had been thinking for some time I might want to do yellow stitching and the switch the piping to yellow to match it. But when I asked, was told my order already V215 locked and no changes possible. While that might have looked cool (I’m a sucker for the great contrast of the yellow stitching on the black leather—not alcantara—surfaces), it’s probably for the better. Maybe it held me back from going too far.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 0to60
I never understood the secret squirrel attitude and not sharing with the forum. Montoya put a lot of work into is tracking spread sheet, and I thought this is a forum is where we enthusiasts share ideas and give advice. Do you realize the odds of your PTS touring in Mexico Blue ever being seen in the wild ? I could understand if the PTS color was submitted by you and approved then I could understand, cause it's your color and one would have done the feasibility leg work, but Mexico Blue been around a while, and you are just selecting a color that someone else did the leg work long ago. This entire secret attitude reminds me of the student in high school putting his arm around his test answer sheet, you are not coping me. Just wish there would be more sharing here to help other Rennlistets. Maybe someone could have been helped by your build, aren't we one big extended family of enthusiasts ?
appreciate your perspective. FWIW, I did share other information about my build much earlier with the forum, just not the PTS color for reasons already stated. And I’ve shared plenty, maybe too much, some would say, about all my machinations ordering this car. Also, I did share the PTS color with some fellow RLers here privately whose advice and counsel I valued most (you know who you are), several personal friends not on RL, and consulted twice in person with Yana at PEC Atlanta. So I think I received plenty of outside input.

I don’t understand the animosity, though, about not sharing a color choice publicly until it’s finalized. What’s the big deal? Who am I hurting? It’s not like I’m preventing anyone else from choosing my color.

What I didn’t want to do by sharing my own thought process on my color pick was to talk others into making the same choice I did and directly causing the opposite of my goal: that is, turning an expensive PTS car into one of many similar cars. It’s both a personal thing to know/believe you have something different from everyone else and also financial when the day comes (though I’m not planning it anytime soon) to resell. The rarer the more valuable for cars like this.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fxz
Disclosure per disclosure

GT3t chrome
PTS Olivegruen
Standard Silver wheels
Clear LEDs
PCCBs
Yellow air vents
No sport chrono
White dials
Carbon seats
Acid green stitching on black leather
custom leather black acid green floor mats
custom alu door sills
silver yellow side decals
HQ delivery

April delivery
Cool choice on the acid green stitching inside. Should really pop!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:57 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

But that's the thing, these are such low production cars, the odds of seeing a GT3 T in the wild is almost impossible, let alone a Mexico blue color, I think you know what I'm trying to say. When I posted my Viper build on Montoya spread sheet and got a few PM's asking about the color and the yellow deviated stitching. I felt I was helping Rennlistets and also felt the odds of a viper green GT3 pulling up to me a stop light is a severe long shot. Maybe your build could hav helped another Rennlisters going through the minefield of PTS/CXX. I respect that you are under no obligation to help our Rennlisteters with PTS/CXx, wouldn't it be nice.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order