Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Wow, thats incredible! But I guess not surprising to hear we have a bit of a bubble going on lol.
Not in uk, where it's worse than US.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:20 PM
TopspeedPT
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 09-25-2018, 09:12 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow... the want is there
Old 09-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

There is no doubt McLaren is putting out some utterly amazing stuff, and I would be very willing to buy.... but each time I start to get the urge and do some research I see alot issues that the owners seem to have that would drive me berserk. I really want one, but I think their business model is based on stimulating super fast growth within the company with utter excitement and a newer incredible model each year, and while it sounds great it just creates this sort of losing end game for the buyers, and I can't help think how long can they keep this up... maybe for a long time, but it seems like after a Senna what more can you do for the street. It's like a revolving door, and maybe fun if you can play that game of buying yearly Supercars, and losing $80k-$100k on each purchase, but its a bit crazy. I assume no crazier than the Porsche dealer markups, but I would like a Car that is special for a little more than a year, before they create the next best thing, and tank the cars value. I suspect the 720s will be in a sweet spot next year on the used market, after getting a bit beaten up by the 600LT, then if they do the Spider and LT versions.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:28 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

+1 Antigravity. The lure of the 600LT is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo big. I'd even consider selling my gt3 for it. But then reality sets in when you start to research again ...
Old 09-26-2018, 11:35 AM
LAPorsche3
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Same here. Saw the 600LT multiple times still can't take the plunge.

Even on the '19 570s, the panel gaps are still unacceptable. I thought they would have improved since '16. This is a 200k plus car!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:03 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

I would love a 600LT. But I'm not at a place where I can afford the cost of ownership (purchase price is only one of several factors in that).
Old 09-26-2018, 01:23 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I think our attitude towards Porsche is being tainted due to the mark ups and difficulty getting some models. I'm not sure why Porsche needs to get their sh$t together when the GT cars are in such high demand. If the comment that the track warranty is only good for the original Mac owner is true, that's a show stopper for me and says a lot about Mac's.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:43 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
I think our attitude towards Porsche is being tainted due to the mark ups and difficulty getting some models. I'm not sure why Porsche needs to get their sh$t together when the GT cars are in such high demand. If the comment that the track warranty is only good for the original Mac owner is true, that's a show stopper for me and says a lot about Mac's.
Maybe C.J. or someone else can clarify. But my understanding is that even the original owner cannot extend the track warranty beyond three years after the original in-service date. McLaren comes with a 3-year warranty when new (including track coverage, if you comply with their inspection rules). Then there is an opportunity to extend the warranty for a number of years after this point (but track coverage is not included for neither the original nor subsequent owners). Given the high costs of certain potential repairs, I would opt for this warranty extension. But, I was disappointed to learn that track is excluded. I might have this wrong, so happy to be corrected...

Old 09-26-2018, 02:48 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Maybe C.J. or someone else can clarify. But my understanding is that even the original owner cannot extend the track warranty beyond three years after the original in-service date. McLaren comes with a 3-year warranty when new (including track coverage, if you comply with their inspection rules). Then there is an opportunity to extend the warranty for a number of years after this point (but track coverage is not included for neither the original nor subsequent owners). Given the high costs of certain potential repairs, I would opt for this warranty extension. But, I was disappointed to learn that track is excluded. I might have this wrong, so happy to be corrected...
Unless the car spectacularly breaks while actually on track, I think it's going to be rather difficult for Mclaren to prove that the track usage was the reason for a failure. IME no one I know has had a problem with the warranty despite tracking the car on the extended warranty (but again no one I know has blown the engine or gearbox on track itself).
Old 09-26-2018, 05:14 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

I cant WAITTTTT for mine. Thanks for those vids!!!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:12 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 203 Posts

Wow, every review of the 600LT has just been glowing. A special car for sure.

As for this quote:

“Car that is special for a little more than a year, before they create the next best thing, and tank the cars value”.

The 675LT was a 2016 model year car, and to be honest I think that it is as special now, as it was when it was released. Also I think that many of them are still around 75% of original MSRP, so not great in relation to many very low production vehicles, but better than the vast majority of cars on the road.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/25/...riving-review/
Old 09-27-2018, 03:46 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
Wow, every review of the 600LT has just been glowing. A special car for sure.

As for this quote:

“Car that is special for a little more than a year, before they create the next best thing, and tank the cars value”.

The 675LT was a 2016 model year car, and to be honest I think that it is as special now, as it was when it was released. Also I think that many of them are still around 75% of original MSRP, so not great in relation to many very low production vehicles, but better than the vast majority of cars on the road.
I don't plan on selling my LT for awhile. I love that car. The first true limited volume LT in the modern McLaren era.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:48 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
This is correct. As I'm coming up on my 3 year warranty finishing with my LT, I'm getting an extended. However, it does not cover anything determined to be due to high stress use on track, is what the fine print says.

How does one determine where this happens? I don't know and I can't argue one way or the other.

I've put 6k miles on mine which inlcudes soem track time - happy to just drive it around with occasional light track use.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success