OT: AMG GT R

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 01:44 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,792 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Do you know anyone who has a V200 of this GT3 "Touring Package"?

What is "Touring Package"? Rumored back seats on a GT car, for real? ROTFLMAO.

Drive safe,
Gt3RS-Fan1
Do you know anyone with a V200 for a 991.2 GT3 6MT?

Exactly.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:40 AM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by switchface
I've heard a number of people in various threads/forums mention the GT R is relatively easy to get. That hasn't been my experience.

If anyone had a line on an allocation please shoot me a PM.
This has been my experience as well. I was sick and tired of the ring around from my dealer and decided to go talk to a good friend or mine and manager at an AMG certified dealer. He told me there was 70 cars for the Western region, 70 cars for the Southern region, 27 for the Midwest and 40 for the Eastern region. He said from what he knows that's the last allocations they have for 2018 and he doesn't think that MB is going to make another run of them in 2019. Instead, he thinks it'll be the Blackseries, which will be even more limited.

I placed an order in December and was promised a car from my dealer and the AMG rep. Instead this week I have been told I won't be getting one anymore after having to continuously ask my dealer for information.

I have owned 17 Mercedes Benz throughout the years, from AMGs to Sprinter Vans and I can assure you, after this experience, I will NEVER buy another Mercedes again. This has been the worst car buying experience ever. Porsche, on the other hand, has been phenomenal. They got me a GT3.2 at sticker, almost certain it'll be a manual, and continuously update me with information. I will gladly spend my money with other brands who respect their customers, unlike MB and AMG.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:01 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Mike
This has been my experience as well. I was sick and tired of the ring around from my dealer and decided to go talk to a good friend or mine and manager at an AMG certified dealer. He told me there was 70 cars for the Western region, 70 cars for the Southern region, 27 for the Midwest and 40 for the Eastern region. He said from what he knows that's the last allocations they have for 2018 and he doesn't think that MB is going to make another run of them in 2019. Instead, he thinks it'll be the Blackseries, which will be even more limited.

I placed an order in December and was promised a car from my dealer and the AMG rep. Instead this week I have been told I won't be getting one anymore after having to continuously ask my dealer for information.

I have owned 17 Mercedes Benz throughout the years, from AMGs to Sprinter Vans and I can assure you, after this experience, I will NEVER buy another Mercedes again. This has been the worst car buying experience ever. Porsche, on the other hand, has been phenomenal. They got me a GT3.2 at sticker, almost certain it'll be a manual, and continuously update me with information. I will gladly spend my money with other brands who respect their customers, unlike MB and AMG.
Sorry to hear that your dealer gave you the run around on the up and coming AMG GTR allocation. You are not the first one "stringed" along with M-Benz dealers trying to make $ on a new release model in the AMG GT line up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the "True" and full blown "One man/woman, One engine made" concept of the original AMG philosophy. It adds a personal touch to accountability, responsibility, and exclusivity. I still own a 2014 Edition-507 AMG. However, I stopped buying AMG since the management have since "Diluted" the AMG brand by slapping every conceivable model they produce with the AMG logo. There is nothing wrong with making money as we live in a capitalist and democratic society. It is the AMG product "Dilution" that drags the AMG brand to the gutter when it comes to resale. For some money is not the issue and I get that. PORSCHE on the other hand especially with out GT cars, not only does it bring miles and miles of smiles, it also provides exclusivity which upholds value.

For those who want true and utmost performance in AMG, I suggest get the top of the line "Black Series", the equivalent to our RS cars.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 05-21-2017 at 02:04 PM. Reason: correct typo out to our. Sorry
Old 05-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Sorry to hear that your dealer gave you the run around on the up and coming AMG GTR allocation. You are not the first one "stringed" along with M-Benz dealers trying to make $ on a new release model in the AMG GT line up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the "True" and full blown "One man/woman, One engine made" concept of the original AMG philosophy. It adds a personal touch to accountability, responsibility, and exclusivity. I still own a 2014 Edition-507 AMG. However, I stopped buying AMG since the management have since "Diluted" the AMG brand by slapping every conceivable model they produce with the AMG logo. There is nothing wrong with making money as we live in a capitalist and democratic society. It is the AMG product "Dilution" that drags the AMG brand to the gutter when it comes to resale. For some money is not the issue and I get that. PORSCHE on the other hand especially with out GT cars, not only does it bring miles and miles of smiles, it also provides exclusivity which upholds value.

For those who want true and utmost performance in AMG, I suggest get the top of the line "Black Series", the equivalent to out RS cars.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Exactly. I currently daily a 2014 AMS E 63 MB and I absolutely love it. BUT, I recently took delivery of the new Panamera Turbo and I must say it's better in almost every regard, besides the sound. I have the new GT3.2 coming in December and I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a car. You hit it right on the head, Porsche is exclusive and their quality/quality control is excellent. Plus they are excellent with customer service. My salesman has actually become a good friend of mine. As long as this continues I'll be a Porsche customer over a MB customer every day of the week.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:37 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I agree that AMG has been lowering the entry bar. There is even AMG light these days. But there are some exceptions, imo. G63 still creates a statement (being in LA I saw over 20 new ones yesterday, Saturday), and is the Queen of the boxy cars. Also, GLS 63 is the best 7 seater one can buy. S63 is good as well, but Bentleys seem to be ahead in that segment, at least in terms of number of cars I can see in the streets here. However, on the sports car side, tough competition... I believe AMG was always strong in the 4 door segment, and so far has not made a big splash against Porsche , Ferrari and others in the sports car segment.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:56 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I am ordering one.

If they make a black series I will get that.

AMG does own a few segments in my opinion:

G63- way more fun to drive vs a Range Rover.
C63 Black Series- for the price, this way outperforms an M4.

They make real HP. But- for the 200k of an S63, the Bentley Continental Flying Spur is a better car for sure. Depreciation be damned.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:19 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

There is no C63 Black in the new 4.0 TT model. Drove C63 vs my daily M3 and thought it kinda sucked. Was 12-14k more and was like a German Mustang Shelby. Tuned my M3 is 535hp/540 tq with zero heat soak at track. Car weight 3588 lbs and is actually quite fun with mild suspension mods and Cup s's.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I am ordering one.

If they make a black series I will get that.

AMG does own a few segments in my opinion:

G63- way more fun to drive vs a Range Rover.
C63 Black Series- for the price, this way outperforms an M4.

They make real HP. But- for the 200k of an S63, the Bentley Continental Flying Spur is a better car for sure. Depreciation be damned.
From what both of my dealers have told me they are very likely to build the black series sometime in 2019. I think G63 beats out every Rover besides the Defender/SVR. I have a '16 RR Sport SVR and think it's one of the best SUVs on the market in terms of all around capability. It has to have the one of the loudest, if not the loudest stock exhaust in the world for an SUV. I agree wholeheartedly with the BS C63 - M4 lacks passion compared to the regular C 63 and the M4 GTS, besides the sound, is a disappointment compared to the C 63 black.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:26 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Picking up mine on Friday!! Excited!
Old 05-23-2017, 05:00 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^ looking forward to your review
Old 05-23-2017, 10:08 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxt
How long til we see a sideways slidey instagram shot?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:24 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
How long til we see a sideways slidey instagram shot?
Hopefully very soon!!

My plan is to have to change rear tyres within 500 miles of getting the car!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:50 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hopefully very soon!!

I'm out at Spa in June. There is a track day...
Old 05-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Hopefully very soon!!

Mine arrives in August so looking forward to comments from a real world owner.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:11 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Please post some pics. Mine doesn't get here til end of July. My dealer just checked on the status for the early builds in the US.

Quick Reply: OT: AMG GT R