Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 03:58 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
I definitely think the scarcity of these cars is extremely over hyped. All five of the dealers that I originally talked to about getting a GT3 have eventually called me and offered me buildable allocations as well as cars on the ground and expected in the future. Of course when I first approached the dealers they all told me "no way" or "sure we will put you on the list at number nineteen", but without exception they all ended up having cars and allocations for me. These are all New York area dealers. Fact of the matter is that if you want a GT3 you can get one. Sure you might have to pay $10-$15 over, but in the context of most builds (my build is ~$180k) it's really not a big deal.

On top of that we have more and more slightly used examples for sale. If anyone wants a car, don't worry you will find one.
I'm starting to agree. 991.1 RS was a bear for me to find. this time I have been offered allocations from 3 dealers for new 3RS. I have a feeling they are going to crank out a ton of these.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AA68
I use to complain like many still do. Then I realized how much I'm missing out on actually ENJOYING the car.
  • Bought my '16 GT3RS at $20k over (had tax credit from another trade, so taxes were a wash) enjoyed the hell out of it. Sold it after 11 months for $18k over...cost me $2k.
  • Same dealer got me .2GT3 at MSRP (again tax credit from trade, so taxes washed again), enjoyed it, sold it a few weeks ago for $12k over.
  • Same dealer got me .2GT3RS allocation (already have order in system--Sept 2018 delivery) at $10k over. I will enjoy the hell out of it and whenever I sell I will probably still make money. If I don't who cares. Cost of entertainment--pretty cheap too for what it brings in enjoyment.
So one can worry or cry or get into the game. For me, I'm ahead no matter what--I'm driving the cars and getting newer models as they come out. Win/win if you ask me.

PS - GT-R is a fun car. Had one for about a month. Not quite as razor sharp as GT3, but fun indeed. Black Series will be the one to have...already on the 'list'.
Not really. You can't afford to keep any car permanently and have to keep upgrading and flipping as you go. Lose/lose if you ask me.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:01 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Beachwood Porsche are stealers
Careful, you might get banned if you talk smack outside of the classifies section if there's a link to the thread (ask me how I know). haha
Old 04-13-2018, 06:18 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
I know it's not German, but the new mid engine Corvette should kick booty and be reasonably priced. Rumor is that it will be badged as a Cadillac.
I don't fit in the C7, so not much hope I'll fit in the mid engine one, but I can keep my fingers crossed.
I do fit in a Mustang 350R Cayman, GT3 and AMG GTR, so I think those are my choices.

Originally Posted by AA68
I use to complain like many still do. Then I realized how much I'm missing out on actually ENJOYING the car.
  • Bought my '16 GT3RS at $20k over (had tax credit from another trade, so taxes were a wash) enjoyed the hell out of it. Sold it after 11 months for $18k over...cost me $2k.
  • Same dealer got me .2GT3 at MSRP (again tax credit from trade, so taxes washed again), enjoyed it, sold it a few weeks ago for $12k over.
  • Same dealer got me .2GT3RS allocation (already have order in system--Sept 2018 delivery) at $10k over. I will enjoy the hell out of it and whenever I sell I will probably still make money. If I don't who cares. Cost of entertainment--pretty cheap too for what it brings in enjoyment.
So one can worry or cry or get into the game. For me, I'm ahead no matter what--I'm driving the cars and getting newer models as they come out. Win/win if you ask me.

PS - GT-R is a fun car. Had one for about a month. Not quite as razor sharp as GT3, but fun indeed. Black Series will be the one to have...already on the 'list'.
I don't buy cars to flip. Its a tool to be used to me, not a commodity.
I really don't have the stomach to go deal with car dealerships. I rather go to the dentist then set foot in any sales department let alone to start calling all dealers begging to give them money.

If Porsche prefers to allow their dealers to sell to commodity traders, youtube stars and other non-users that's their business and as the world works that way I just have to live with that.
All the unused cars sitting is a shame and being a driving enthusiast hard to see, but I get it, you can Instagram a car in your garage and make money doing it! Great.

I had offers over MSRP on my purple car before I put 30,000 miles on it and I sold my 4.0 at a profit. Did well on all the others as well, never lost a ton of depreciation.
Every new car I bought the last 5 years was a Porsche and I bought them all form the same dealer at MSRP. They had my deposit since 2008. Not this time because its now a commodity it seems.
Not blaming anyone for maximizing their profits, that's everyone's duty.
I do think it helps when you have customers who want to give you money in the long run.
Right now, I don't feel like giving Porsche money and I'm not the only who might leave the brand just in spite and after the crash I may not be back again either.

Fingers crossed plan B lasts at the track...

Originally Posted by disden
I'm starting to agree. 991.1 RS was a bear for me to find. this time I have been offered allocations from 3 dealers for new 3RS. I have a feeling they are going to crank out a ton of these.
I agree, we'll have to wait to have chance for an allocation.

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
Not really. You can't afford to keep any car permanently and have to keep upgrading and flipping as you go. Lose/lose if you ask me.
Its not about who can afford what, its about the fact that many buyers would never buy a GT car if it wasn't for the ability to make money / lose very little.

I don't blame anyone for anything, its just that the guys who actually have the least choice in what car to buy because track durability cant have one.
If I wouldn't track so much, I wouldn't ever buy a GT Porsche.

The good news is that there are some decent alternatives that are cheaper, so that gives back some funds to upgrade track durability.
I'll start the experiment when Mr Purple is getting too tired for the track and make it my DD
Old 04-13-2018, 06:32 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Yes, it seems PDK with sofas is around $10k, PDK with FBS around $15k and manual around $20k.
Have you observed prices seem to be softening?
Perhaps like the GT4 where prices were initially high, production exceeded expected numbers and then prices are softening now
Old 04-13-2018, 11:26 PM
NYC PORSCHE
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
Sounds like my strategy. I have two plans. Plan A is to see if the sell price of a .2 GT3 drops to MSRP. Plan B is to pull the trigger on a low mileage CPO .1 GT3 if Plan A doesn't pan out. Between the two plans, I should be in a GT3 by end of this year.

@NYC, please post your impression of the .1 GT3.
That is exactly my plan as well. I am going to test drive the .1 tomorrow. I will take it on the highway and on local streets as well in order for me to get a good feel of the car. I am hoping the .2 prices will start to drop soon once some hype dies out. If they do, I would jump in one of the options are right for me. If not I will have to find a .1 and enjoy it for the car that it is. I will give my feedback hopefully tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:35 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Careful, you might get banned if you talk smack outside of the classifies section if there's a link to the thread (ask me how I know). haha
Wait, they threatened to ban you for saying something negative in a thread that wasn't in the FS section? That's assinine, can't comment on price in the FS section, cant say **** outside of it either. Just let those AMG tools keep flipping west coast dealer cars I guess
Old 04-14-2018, 12:12 AM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
Can you post or PM me who has those buildable allocations? I have someone who will pay for that now.

Thanks.
The buildable allocations were offered by Larchmont and manhattan. Manhattan actually called to offer one to me this week. I didn't follow up with it since I already have an allocation.

Multiple cars on the ground were offered by Fairfield, Greenwich, manhattan, Larchmont, and Roslyn in the past few weeks.

Obviously if you are looking for a buildable allocation you have to work faster because production is going to end on these cars by the end of the year. But if you are even slightly flexible on build then there is plenty to choose from.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:57 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
Can you post or PM me who has those buildable allocations? I have someone who will pay for that now.

Thanks.
Have you seen the ad on AutoTrader?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=475969978

GT3 changeable build.
December delivery. Can be Manual or PDK.
Touring Package is also available.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:16 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Wait, they threatened to ban you for saying something negative in a thread that wasn't in the FS section? That's assinine, can't comment on price in the FS section, cant say **** outside of it either. Just let those AMG tools keep flipping west coast dealer cars I guess
They didn't threaten me, I got banned for 10 days for talking smack about an RS flipper in the 991 Section GT3RS Allocation thread with putting a link to the sale thread in my post...guess you can't do that for some odd reason. haha

It wouldn't surprise me if AMG is doing the dirty work for a few west coast stealers to see if they can hook a big fish buyer for them to pay a hefty ADM.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:43 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC PORSCHE
That is exactly my plan as well. I am going to test drive the .1 tomorrow. I will take it on the highway and on local streets as well in order for me to get a good feel of the car. I am hoping the .2 prices will start to drop soon once some hype dies out. If they do, I would jump in one of the options are right for me. If not I will have to find a .1 and enjoy it for the car that it is. I will give my feedback hopefully tomorrow.
My Magic 8-Ball says that once the .2 GT3 RS cars start to arrive, the speculators are going to have a crush on them and will start to unload their .2 GT3s. End of 2018 to early 2019 could see barely used .2 GT3s available at MSRP.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:51 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
My Magic 8-Ball says that once the .2 GT3 RS cars start to arrive, the speculators are going to have a crush on them and will start to unload their .2 GT3s. End of 2018 to early 2019 could see barely used .2 GT3s available at MSRP.
With the considerable RS ADMs, I'm not so sure. There will be some, as always (no Magic 8-Ball needed), but they will be the PDKs.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:02 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I don't fit in the C7, so not much hope I'll fit in the mid engine one, but I can keep my fingers crossed.
I do fit in a Mustang 350R Cayman, GT3 and AMG GTR, so I think those are my choices.

I really don't have the stomach to go deal with car dealerships. I rather go to the dentist then set foot in any sales department let alone to start calling all dealers begging to give them money.

If Porsche prefers to allow their dealers to sell to commodity traders, youtube stars and other non-users that's their business and as the world works that way I just have to live with that.
All the unused cars sitting is a shame and being a driving enthusiast hard to see, but I get it, you can Instagram a car in your garage and make money doing it! Great.

I had offers over MSRP on my purple car before I put 30,000 miles on it and I sold my 4.0 at a profit. Did well on all the others as well, never lost a ton of depreciation.
Every new car I bought the last 5 years was a Porsche and I bought them all form the same dealer at MSRP. They had my deposit since 2008. Not this time because its now a commodity it seems.
I do think it helps when you have customers who want to give you money in the long run.
Right now, I don't feel like giving Porsche money and I'm not the only who might leave the brand just in spite and after the crash I may not be back again either.

Its not about who can afford what, its about the fact that many buyers would never buy a GT car if it wasn't for the ability to make money / lose very little.

I don't blame anyone for anything, its just that the guys who actually have the least choice in what car to buy because track durability cant have one.

The good news is that there are some decent alternatives that are cheaper, so that gives back some funds to upgrade track durability.
I'll start the experiment when Mr Purple is getting too tired for the track and make it my DD
Peter you have the right perspective and I agree totally with you on this mess.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:38 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

It will be a sad day when we see TRAKCAR at Sebring in something other than a Porsche GT car.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I have double the miles on the RS then on the Macan, maybe I’ll start taking that when the RS becomes the DD lol.
I still have about 16 months if I ease up on track days and leave it parked otherwise. With the 19” wheels I’m starting to trailer it more, so that will help.
Not stressing till next summer.

The 350R was just announced to stay in production for 2019 and the Black series is also still at least 6 months out.
no ED on the Mustang of course :-(

and there’s always a used .1RS for sale with no miles that can carry me another year.
just swap over track stuff from Mr purple for a year, but rather have the .2 with ED.

the economy is more likely to correct in the next 16 months then me getting another Mr purple :-)

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM