agree more than likely this one is a rollback
Old 07-03-2024, 09:01 AM
AirCooledDXB
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AirCooledDXB
C32 = Gulf States
DU = Dubai
I just re-confirmed this with our local Porsche Dealer in Dubai (Al Naboodah). They sold it, but can't find any service records on the car from them or any other global Porsche Dealer per the online Porsche service database. I think this is partly a function of the age of the car and past service records were not always backfilled when they migrated to a central system. It's just a shame we don't see a service booklet with the car to understand its journey. It's neat that the car originated from here, but wish the seller would disclose more info on the vehicle's past to get bidders more comfortable.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:49 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

I got beat up for just asking - I dont get how you can import a car with no supporting documentation that you own the thing?

There is totally zero history on this car
Old 07-06-2024, 10:40 AM
AirCooledDXB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by audipwr1
I got beat up for just asking - I dont get how you can import a car with no supporting documentation that you own the thing?

There is totally zero history on this car
I saw that, and you weren't trying to tank the auction just genuinely asking for info. Unfortunately, these auction sites are businesses at the end of the day and the dealers are their main repeat customers, so they prioritize their needs over the buyers...I was a bit more gloves off once on Pcar and again when it was relisted on BaT about an imported white/white German delivery 993 turbo X50 that we had done a deep inspection of in the UK (looking to import it to Dubai). The seller was blatantly selling false goods about the car, hiding its warts, and even creating false stories about the car. I posted the PPI and got banned from commenting for a while. Then the seller gave up and it was listed again on BaT and sold by @cobalt 's favorite dealer the 3rd time 😅 Caveat emptor when buying online. A poor guy here bought a 930 on BaT that had hundreds of pictures but conveniently missed the inner fenders under the frunk carpet which exposed a massive accident upon arrival...couldn't get his $130k back, just a refund of the buyer fee he paid....when we asked to do a PPI the seller said the car was snowed in and wouldn't be able to get it to a shop before the auction closed...be careful.
Old 07-06-2024, 10:58 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
A nice looking car but another car with lipstick. At least this doesn't t appear to have a color change at one point in its life like the other. I always question why a car needs this much at only 41k miles. I suspect it was either allowed to fall into disrepair or TMU. No paint meter readings yet all the window seals, windshield, rubber bits and lenses repalced. Brake rotors are sebro vs factory and calipers repainted with such low miles noted?. All bushings, bearings and other bits could have been updated for performance vs age but hard to say. It just seems with all the money dumped into this car in 2022 and no receipts for the custom non original sport seats and interior along with a full makeover of the underside that this could be a higher mile respray. Hard to say about what has been painted but I suspect readings will show the truth. There are clear paint lines in the door jamb with a color variation if you look closely. The fins are not covered in their normal PPF so rock chips, where there shouldn't be and IIRC slate gray has black painted lower rockers. They did a decent job fixing the minor damage to the front of the tub and a fairly decent job matching the undercoating color along with painting all the under panels black. Although they painted over one of the drip tubes and didn't replace the rest? Full dry ice cleaning or other method. So very hard to say what is going on with the engine but they seemed to have addressed most everything mechanical. Lots of new parts. Although I have B&B exhaust I am not impressed with his product, it came on my car. Clearly some paintwork was done recently I would ask for receipts or photos. Paint meter readings at a min.

Could make for a nice driver but based on the miles claimed I suspect they are looking for #1 money again for a car that appears to be a fully refurbished non original car. If originality is what you want this is not the car otherwise I would have a PPI done. No obvious concerns but lots going on here. Could be a fun driver for the right price. I like the E88's and the workmanship from what I see is decent for the most part.
what pic best to see where they fixed the front tub?
Old 07-06-2024, 06:05 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

what pic best to see where they fixed the front tub?
It doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary but some minor repair work was done. .

Hard to say how extensive it was but repaired and new undercoating covering the entire underside to match. You can see the 2 plugs they coated over instead of replacing. I don't see any detailed photos in the listing to see what was done on the inside. Clearly scraped again. Yet they didn't paint the metal piece that holds the front covers in place just above the top red line. The fiber glass lower covers look to be painted. Usually don't look that black.

I agree for the most part with the sellers paint assessment based on readings however it would still need further inspection.

Apparently the center tunnel cover was missing or damaged and needed to be ordered new. I find it interesting that Slow and rusty is always chiming in. If I didn't know better I would think he gets paid to praise.

Obvious work done. Doesn't make it a bad car, just like all of these, I wouldn't buy a car from me without a PPI especially with so much repair work needed. Every car has its price what this will be I guess we will see.

Hope everyone had a happy 4th.
The following users liked this post:
Scott Dunavant (07-07-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 06:18 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

They removed my comments too
Wild

id never pay within 30% of market for an expensive car on BaT - great way to get hosed
Old 07-06-2024, 06:39 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

They removed my comments too
Wild

id never pay within 30% of market for an expensive car on BaT - great way to get hosed
Welcome to the club. I saw that. I also saw their snippy comment which just solidifies their stand. The initial concept was outstanding what they have made it is pitiful. There are a few good sellers occasionally but for the most part BaT now stands for being a trailer full of money for nothing.
Old 07-07-2024, 01:42 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

looks like itll be bought by someone who believes the miles and no stories narrative - we will see
Old 07-07-2024, 04:58 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 125 Posts

audipwr1
Turboholic is selling his nice C2 Turbo. A lot of miles, but the car looks somehow perfect and all original besides the exhaust. I didn't see underneath.
Get him to post on here.

I like the Canadian C2 turbo. Canadian cars sell for cheaper than US cars. I think these cars all need to be redone. Many were driven in all sorts of climates.

Turboholic claims original paint.

Mine was destroyed twice at 37,000 mile and 38,000 miles in that 23 year period. These owner's don't take ownership classes.

Old 07-07-2024, 05:59 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

My heart is set on black or grey

I actually am thinking of taking wifey to Europe and buying one there - feels like 40-50k on the table doing that

will need you all on speed dial when I go to look at pics!
The following users liked this post:
Scott Dunavant (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 09:10 PM
AirCooledDXB
Intermediate

My heart is set on black or grey

I actually am thinking of taking wifey to Europe and buying one there - feels like 40-50k on the table doing that

will need you all on speed dial when I go to look at pics!
DM me if interested

1992 US spec 3.3 with ~​​​​​40k miles, first paint but with a few imperfections due to polisher going through the clear coat in 2 spots and the usual rust bubble at the bottom of the windshield that will need a glass out job.

This car was imported to Dubai by a dear friend and enthusiast from Interstate Motorsports (mostly deal in 90s Lamborghinis) that belonged to one of their repeat clients.

Black A1 on Light grey (almost looks like white) with a classic grey dashboard and contrasting seat piping. Both BBS E88s and Cup 1s come with the car.

Car is stored in a covered indoor parking at all times.

Old 07-08-2024, 09:39 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Early preview. https://wobcars.com/product/14k-mile...s-3-6-package/
Old 07-08-2024, 10:01 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steven C.
Who is this WOB guy? He has meaningful market share for BaT listings - no clue of the true quality of his offerings - but hes everywhere
Old 07-08-2024, 10:01 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,396 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven C.
Failed to sell with Wob back in February. Was in a collection for 20 years that consisted of 2 other package cars. All of which have been offered for sale in the last year.

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo market