964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

964 Turbo market

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 02:23 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 279 Posts

Kyzcreig I don't know who you are, but respectfully, you are digging your hole deeper and deeper.
Just let it go or more folks will enter this thread to shred your car. History cannot be changed, but yes, these are cars, and they can be repaired, improved, or returned to as good as new. You have presented your stuff...anyhow, nothing good ever comes out of these internet debates.

Last edited by Igooz; 06-27-2024 at 02:37 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Igooz:
Kyzcreig (06-27-2024), Steven C. (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 05:45 PM
Kyzcreig
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 51 Posts

@Igooz you're right. I will just post everything that's been requested, even if these folks aren't bidding, and be as transparent as possible. That's all I can do.

It just sucks when something you've put a lot of time and attention and money into, gets turned into the object of maliciousness for no reason, except I guess sport? It's hard not to take that a little bit personally, frankly. I hope you can understand that.

Last edited by Kyzcreig; 06-27-2024 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:15 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyzcreig
@Igooz you're right. I will just post everything that's been requested, even if these folks aren't bidding, and be as transparent as possible. That's all I can do.

It just sucks when something you've put a lot of time and attention and money into, gets turned into the object of maliciousness for no reason, except I guess sport? It's hard not to take that a little bit personally, frankly. I hope you can understand that.
You are already at a fantastic price for a non original car - take the win dude
Old 06-27-2024, 06:36 PM
AirCooledDXB
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay7484
I agree with Scott. Those aren't factory sport seats, incorrect rear seats for a Japanese model so its very possible parts of this interior were out of the car and aren't original. Likely a Japanese track car.
The description on BaT suggests that this car was built for the Saudi market before being routed to Japan, which might explain the rear seat cushion style.
Old 06-28-2024, 12:38 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

@lart951 These folks are questioning the integrity of your seats. Can you please respond?
please direct me to the pictures link. If there is an error we will fix it, free of charge .
Old 06-28-2024, 03:51 AM
Kyzcreig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
You are already at a fantastic price for a non original car - take the win dude
Ok. Thanks @robo.racer.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:25 AM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 131 Posts

This is a unique 964 965 turbo. So people are going to discuss.
I personally think this Rubystone is worth high $2's once it's 100%. If it was never Hot rodded then more like that recent yellow 964T sale.

It's always in discussions that pcarmarket doesn't pull BAT number's. We all know that.

Any Dealer can buy this car and finish it 100% then resist on BAT to pull a larger number.
We have seen this over and over.

If the seller is done with it then move on.
If not then Correctly install the exhaust, Add some cosmoline to the recent work underneath. Freshen up the Frunk area. Get some drive time in the car.
Install the correct Front seats.

BTW we're not trolling the listing. We are just readers of the auction and pictures you give the public to review.

Old 06-28-2024, 10:36 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

@Scott_Dunavant you picked up on a clerical error. (It also says "CUSTOMER PAY" on the first page of the invoice.) So, now I had to call and have them correct the invoice even though you're not bidding on the car, just assailing it, based on conjecture. Bravo.

@Cobalt Can remain resident king of all 964 Turbo knowledge with his (1 or 2!) Cobalt 3.6 Turbo car. He's not bidding on the car either and seems like a kind of crotchety New Englander anyway, so let's just leave him alone.

Why is this performative song and dance necessary? It is an objectively beautiful car. Again, if you have any questions about it, not vague assertions or petty little jabs, I'll happily take it to the shop of your choosing to get a PPI done by an independent mechanic. But you're not serious, you're just nitpicking the car for sport and now I have to post a CC screenshot to refute some guy who is not even bidding on the car. It all seems a little silly.
​​​​​​@Kyzcreig I have to agree with Igooz you would have been better off leaving this alone. So this is the way you leave people alone? You are correct I am a crotchety old new englander that hates BS artists. I have seen first hand far too many scammers profit off these cars when they should be in jail for blatant misrepresentation. We discuss all 965's up for sale here you don't like it then don't put yourself in position where you get called out on BS. I post with the hope that the interested and uneducated buyer can learn something from my extensive knowledge. I could have pointed all the issues out on your listing but as you can see I did not. I don't know you and clearly you don't know me.

Not just 2 964's but I own 5 in total and just missed on picking up a 6th the other day. I work on not only the mechanicals but every aspect of bodywork and modification nearly daily and can educate your shop on their simple and obvious oversights that was a waste of your money. A little history on me and your failed attempt to discredit my understanding of these cars. A 45 year PCA veteran, I helped import over 70 Porsche's back in the 80's grey market and have well over 10k hours working on 964's in the past 5 years alone. I started restoring 911's in HS. My first was a 71 E. In my 45 years of Porsche ownership and restoration I have helped work on many significant cars published in magazines like Excellence, OOO, R&T and many others. A very special 962 is in the works. I am a PCA parade preservation judge who specializes in the 964/993 but know all my Porsche's, with limited knowledge regarding the 356. I doubt you will find many people that can go head to head with me regarding the nuances of the 964 model. In fact I have several local Porsche classic dealerships that call me for spare parts they can't source and for specific information regarding the restoration of these cars. So you can try to attack me but you know what I am pointing out is fact and not conjecture. So shame on you.

Now to answer your question why is this necessary? With all due respect there are numerous repeat sellers on BaT and a few on PCar that are just down right liars. They make up stories as they go in the attempt to extract #1 money out of poorly restored #4 cars trying to pass them off as original. It is down right illegal misrepresentation and these people feed on the uninitiated, yet they continue to get away with it. These unscrupulous individuals have found a safe haven to sell cars which they are clearly and obviously misrepresenting. I have countless emails with some of these sellers who just make up false facts as they go and the rah rah's all go crazy for it even though none of them are bidders either. I have helped countless buy and sell these cars. I guesstimate well over 1000 at this point. I have helped nearly 50 others on the receiving end with cars purchased on BaT where the sellers were so blatantly lying it is literally criminal. So that is why we point out what is obvious to us that most wouldn't know to look for. I can't tell you how many people thank me for saving them from overpaying for a misrepresented car or praise me for helping them find an honest example.

I am not saying you are dishonest, however the facts clearly show that this car has had extensive modifications and anything but a pampered life, which would normally have me questioning the actual mileage. Not to mention clear signs of track modifications. Otherwise how do you explain some of these obvious signs and oversights with your shops attempt at restoration? When every aspect of a cars past is obliterated there is little way for most buyers to tell what is the truth. Each car has its story some have skeletons pilled high and others just simple issues. You can say it is a shame that we are destroying your hard work but the fact is you have nobody but yourself to blame. Selling a car like this requires transparency. Your car is a bit opaque as I see it. Far too many questions which could have easily been put to rest by you with before and after pictures. At least you have in process photos but they don't tell the entire story.

GL with the sale IMO it is already a win for you and someone is overpaying for the color.

BTW I have no issue with Larts work. I know of several people who have his seats and they were nicely done.

Last edited by cobalt; 06-28-2024 at 10:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Igooz (07-01-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 01:30 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Actually the bolsters are the same size as any sport seat, the issue is the center pad is about 3/4 of a inch thicker because the donor seats pads were destroyed and we only had that padding at that time, but if you want to send the back supports back to me I’ll pay for shipping and I’ll have them redone in less than a week turn around time. The center pad protruding gives the illusion of smaller bolsters, regardless we will make them new again free of charge is my mistake and I’ll fix it.

Last edited by lart951; 06-28-2024 at 01:36 PM.
heliolps2 (07-09-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 02:01 PM
Kyzcreig
Rennlist Member

Okay. Thanks for your feedback. All I can do is post everything so that a buyer can make an informed decision (i.e. invoices, photos, leadown results, etc.) But, I recognize that on the internet, you simply can't win with some folks. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't, and I'm just done playing this game. It's like being pilloried in the town square, for no reason. It sucks. So, no. Not anymore. Enjoy your thread.
lart951 (06-28-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 01:43 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 3.3 Turbo

I sold a 92 3.3 for $325,000 but it was one of a kind. 16,000 miles total top end work done. Dry ice cleaning underside. This cars paint looked like it came off the showroom floor. Car never saw rain. I bought off the original owner.
Old 07-01-2024, 05:51 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

What do folks see on this one https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-911-turbo-26/
Old 07-01-2024, 07:31 PM
AirCooledDXB
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
C32 = Gulf States
DU = Dubai
Old 07-01-2024, 07:52 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AirCooledDXB
C32 = Gulf States
DU = Dubai
so lots of sun exposure - other issues?
Old 07-02-2024, 10:38 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

A nice looking car but another car with lipstick. At least this doesn't t appear to have a color change at one point in its life like the other. I always question why a car needs this much at only 41k miles. I suspect it was either allowed to fall into disrepair or TMU. No paint meter readings yet all the window seals, windshield, rubber bits and lenses repalced. Brake rotors are sebro vs factory and calipers repainted with such low miles noted?. All bushings, bearings and other bits could have been updated for performance vs age but hard to say. It just seems with all the money dumped into this car in 2022 and no receipts for the custom non original sport seats and interior along with a full makeover of the underside that this could be a higher mile respray. Hard to say about what has been painted but I suspect readings will show the truth. There are clear paint lines in the door jamb with a color variation if you look closely. The fins are not covered in their normal PPF so rock chips, where there shouldn't be and IIRC slate gray has black painted lower rockers. They did a decent job fixing the minor damage to the front of the tub and a fairly decent job matching the undercoating color along with painting all the under panels black. Although they painted over one of the drip tubes and didn't replace the rest? Full dry ice cleaning or other method. So very hard to say what is going on with the engine but they seemed to have addressed most everything mechanical. Lots of new parts. Although I have B&B exhaust I am not impressed with his product, it came on my car. Clearly some paintwork was done recently I would ask for receipts or photos. Paint meter readings at a min.

Could make for a nice driver but based on the miles claimed I suspect they are looking for #1 money again for a car that appears to be a fully refurbished non original car. If originality is what you want this is not the car otherwise I would have a PPI done. No obvious concerns but lots going on here. Could be a fun driver for the right price. I like the E88's and the workmanship from what I see is decent for the most part.
Igooz (07-02-2024)

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo market