964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

964 Turbo market

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2024, 10:52 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,449 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Clearly something happened to the back end of this car. The vin sticker is missing on the rear deck lid which most likely means it was repaired or replaced. The rear bumper has been completely repainted. Three of the 4 speedlines seem to have cleaner inner barrels and the one with the dirtier barrel is the only one with the proper 964 crested cap the others have the readily available 993 version. Seats should have the crests per the CofA and window sticker but are missing. I suspect that the car has more stories to tell.

Am I mistaken when I say I believe this car was sold by Top Gear at one time? If this is the same car sadly it has a sorted past. Still a nice car but not top dollar money.
This one I don’t see as a top dollar car either. Think it’ll definitely do less than $500k. Interesting it doesn’t have the crest on the headrest as specified by the window sticker. Seats maybe not original ones or have been recovered? Though seats are all leather front and back with supple finish just no crest. Also you are correct in that only one wheel (front right) has the correct crest for a 964.

Not sure if this one was at Top Gear Imports. It was at Marshall Goldman several years ago right before the incident with the rear bumper and deck lid. Document explains what happened with that.

Old 08-22-2024, 11:02 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Amethyst/magenta RoW 3.6 in Holland. Asking €470k ($523k USD). Has high mileage (129k km or 80k miles) and has been restored. Was repainted and interior looks to have been restored as well even though it’s claimed to be completely original. Maybe pieces were re-dyed or repaired.

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...-1993-3933074/
Old 08-23-2024, 04:44 AM
peterpullin
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

3.6 in germany

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzei...ontent=app_ios

Old 08-23-2024, 08:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
This one I don’t see as a top dollar car either. Think it’ll definitely do less than $500k. Interesting it doesn’t have the crest on the headrest as specified by the window sticker. Seats maybe not original ones or have been recovered? Though seats are all leather front and back with supple finish just no crest. Also you are correct in that only one wheel (front right) has the correct crest for a 964.

Not sure if this one was at Top Gear Imports. It was at Marshall Goldman several years ago right before the incident with the rear bumper and deck lid. Document explains what happened with that.

That is where I recall seeing this one. He was asking all the money and it sat for some time. The rear bumper is understandable. I have seen shops do this before. Also a result of the tail pipe not being adjusted properly and resting on the plastic bumper. However since this is so well documented why is there no mention of the deck lid being painted when he said he believes the lid was painted at the same time? Most people don't care and even Parade Concours doesn't concern itself with bumpers being repainted only 75% top side as they state for preservation so the lack of info regarding the deck lid would have me looking deeper into it.

Amethyst/magenta RoW 3.6 in Holland. Asking €470k ($523k USD). Has high mileage (129k km or 80k miles) and has been restored. Was repainted and interior looks to have been restored as well even though it’s claimed to be completely original. Maybe pieces were re-dyed or repaired.

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...-1993-3933074/
I am not a red person even though I own a guards GT4. I do like amethyst it is the red to my cobalt and a great color. I had a friend with this combo in a 3.3T it looked good but not my taste but would take it. The car looks to have been very well restored and I can only find some very minor things. The question is are well restored cars now bringing as much as all original cars? At that price I would want an original car.
Old 08-23-2024, 12:37 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

I am not a red person even though I own a guards GT4. I do like amethyst it is the red to my cobalt and a great color. I had a friend with this combo in a 3.3T it looked good but not my taste but would take it. The car looks to have been very well restored and I can only find some very minor things. The question is are well restored cars now bringing as much as all original cars? At that price I would want an original car.
IDK we’ll see if a restored car can do as well as an original one. Assume they are asking a premium for the color combo. I’d take an original car over a restored one any day of the week if the original is in good condition. For vintage cars such as an early 911 or 356 people used to pay more for restored cars than originals. Since the amount of originals has dwindled so much as many have been restored already or are beyond candidacy for it, they now go for as much or sometimes more than restored examples.
Old 08-23-2024, 12:55 PM
turboholic
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by peterpullin
Thats a great deal!
Old 08-23-2024, 03:54 PM
peterpullin
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

reduced from 260000 last week. may be seller needs cash…
Old 08-23-2024, 06:12 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

According to the description of the video this gray Turbo S2 will be up on Cars and Bids soon.

https://youtu.be/1miMoFoiq1Q?feature=shared
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rkG...e-911-turbo-s2
Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

For all the dealer's out there.... You need to install the factory chip Guard on the 965 rear quarters and Shark fins. These quarters will chip up within miles. Requiring more paintwork.
Take your time to complete it.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

A 92 3.3 up on Pcar with a 18k mi. It’s been on marketplace since march with little activity asking 325. Carfax shows 10 owners. Seller owns a restoration shop in az. Look familiar to anybody?
I’ll let the experts here weigh in..
The following users liked this post:
Scott Dunavant (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Previous listing from 2016:
https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/mo...-911-turbo-s2/
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by JCL59
A 92 3.3 up on Pcar with a 18k mi. It’s been on marketplace since march with little activity asking 325. Carfax shows 10 owners. Seller owns a restoration shop in az. Look familiar to anybody?
I’ll let the experts here weigh in..
There was one identical to this in Missouri in 2000 that we looked at. My friend had to remove the Enormous rear speaker box, Then we noticed the car was lacking power. Told the Owner we could quickly replace the boost spring. The car still had loss of power. Then the owner took the car by Auto's of Europe in St Louis where Boris showed him a rusted Boost spring. Horrible lie that I won't forget. $18,000 later that owner spent rebuilding the Top end from a broken head stud. He sold the business. New owners I hope are not the same. I'm sure this car is ok today. Not sure why some cars don't get driven. Looks like New exhaust.
Old Today, 10:10 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Quite the transformation. Seems strange that they switched out the interior twice but vin is the same. The engine is the key component in these.
Old Today, 12:33 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Quite the transformation. Seems strange that they switched out the interior twice but vin is the same. The engine is the key component in these.
Strange that they did redo the interior multiple times first in the late 90’s and the listing from 2016 claims original paint saying it meters 200-300 micrometers which is too high. Should be about 100-150.

These S2’s are interesting as they are homologation cars breathed on by Andial because of the IMSA Supercar series. They are more powerful than the published numbers from Porsche, but not as much as others have stated. Make more than 322 hp, but definitely not 381 that the 2016 listing states. They are slower than the standard 3.6 according to figures I’ve seen. Not sure if they are even as fast as an X33 equipped 3.3.

3.3 S2:

3.3:

3.6:

From Alwin Springer’s book about the IMSA Supercar series and the S2:

Last edited by RapidGT; Today at 04:06 PM.
Old Today, 06:19 PM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Great era.. thanks for posting. I went to a few of the races in 91 and 92 and saw them up close. The 59 car was at the Carrera Cup awards event at Road Atlanta in October 2022. Love that fake passenger seat!

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo market