Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 11:40 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by gregmitch
Cell phone photos really show this beauty off...
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-carrera-4-12/
I thought the exact same thing. Talk about doing a disservice to the car.....or maybe the buyer!

Old 03-04-2019, 11:49 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Wow that's a rough one. Someone will overpay for it most likely.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:55 PM
gregmitch
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I thought the exact same thing. Talk about doing a disservice to the car.....or maybe the buyer!
Bad automotive photos when selling a car are a trigger for me lol.

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Wow that's a rough one. Someone will overpay for it most likely.
I thought to myself if there's a 5 in front of that price I'd spit up my drink. Long behold, there is a 5 in front of the asking price on their website. Woof.
https://www.continentalmotorswa.com/...A_21889762.veh
Old 03-05-2019, 01:07 AM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I thought to myself if there's a 5 in front of that price I'd spit up my drink. Long behold, there is a 5 in front of the asking price on their website. Woof.
https://www.continentalmotorswa.com/...A_21889762.veh

Let me know if you need me to check it out for you...
Old 03-05-2019, 01:31 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

I don't understand how BAT accepts an ad like this- this ad reminds me of a craigslist ad, no video, no in depth photos, no history on service, no details no nothing..this is a $40,000 max car to someone like me - and expect to spend $10,000 on it to bring it back to market (assuming the structure is good and paint is acceptable) How a seller can make an ad so vague on BAT is just beyond me..
Old 03-05-2019, 01:48 AM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
I am not speaking of any car in particular, but I can tell you (that I believe) that Fabie at Abreu is a stand-up guy and I am highly confident that he would tell you anything he knows about whatever car you inquire about. He also probably sells more 964s than anyone else in the country.
I don't know, man. I think that distinction may go to Tarek.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:30 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
I don't understand how BAT accepts an ad like this- this ad reminds me of a craigslist ad, no video, no in depth photos, no history on service, no details no nothing..this is a $40,000 max car to someone like me - and expect to spend $10,000 on it to bring it back to market (assuming the structure is good and paint is acceptable) How a seller can make an ad so vague on BAT is just beyond me..
What don't you understand ?? You really think BAT is looking out for the buyer, vetting each car, it's condition and the seller ? LOL...Of course it's a $40k car to "someone like you"...
Old 03-05-2019, 02:36 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
What don't you understand ?? You really think BAT is looking out for the buyer, vetting each car, it's condition and the seller ? LOL...Of course it's a $40k car to "someone like you"...
Here we start, do you blow a fuse every time i post on this forum? don't go into one of your stupid tirades again and let us keep this thread what it is- and ya its worth 40k to someone like me that takes the time and spends the money to bring sorted out cars to the market, is that a problem for you? seems it makes you angry? get a life man..you're the biggest troll on here.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:43 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Here we start, do you blow a fuse every time i post on this forum? don't go into one of your stupid tirades again and let us keep this thread what it is- and ya its worth 40k to someone like me that takes the time and spends the money to bring sorted out cars to the market, is that a problem for you? seems it makes you angry? get a life man..you're the biggest troll on here.
Why is it when I make a valid point, you resort to name calling and personal insults ??? And then accuse me of "blowing a fuse" ???

It's pretty clear you are a BAT fanboy...evidenced by your posts to those of us who see BAT for what it is....or more importantly, what it has become. A place for people like you to flip cars. Yet, just now you complain about BAT saying you can't believe they'd allow a "Craigslist" type auction to take place. Hence my confusion as to why you don't understand their true motive(s) and why you seem to bite the hand that feeds you. They are not looking out for the buyer, they're looking out for their bottom line. Just like you....that's why you bid it to ~$36k then asked if you could retract your bid after learning of the paint condition. LOL
Old 03-05-2019, 03:00 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

not even a new cell phone, possibly Nokia. I inquired about this car before and couldn’t get a straight answer from the seller about the car, the interior looks pretty worn for the miles too, I don’t trust these odometers.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:51 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Why is it when I make a valid point, you resort to name calling and personal insults ??? And then accuse me of "blowing a fuse" ???

It's pretty clear you are a BAT fanboy...evidenced by your posts to those of us who see BAT for what it is....or more importantly, what it has become. A place for people like you to flip cars. Yet, just now you complain about BAT saying you can't believe they'd allow a "Craigslist" type auction to take place. Hence my confusion as to why you don't understand their true motive(s) and why you seem to bite the hand that feeds you. They are not looking out for the buyer, they're looking out for their bottom line. Just like you....that's why you bid it to ~$36k then asked if you could retract your bid after learning of the paint condition. LOL
Lorenzoh Please do not start another pissing match in this thread. You are not making any sense, are you implying that people who sell their cars on Bat are now to be viewed negatively? Tarek brings some great cars to BaT and many off BaT in both scenarios he makes great transparent ads we all enjoy, just compare the c4 posted today by a clueless seller and Tarek’s car from last week.

@tarek307 ignore this troller it is apparent something is wrong with this guy as each time you post he makes a snarky hateful reply back. Infatuation, jealousy just take it as a compliment, whenever you are successful there will be haters.

where are the moderators? Lorenzoh was banned from BaT for a reason.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:36 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

I have never seen that interior before.

I hope to never see it again.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:39 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I have never seen that interior before.

I hope to never see it again.
And what's up with the parking brake?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:59 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

PMs have been sent. I think everyone has said their piece; time to move onto some more positive posts.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:26 PM
positiveions
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this thing. I have see plenty of E30 318s and 325s recently with less wear and tear on the steering wheel. Who knows what’s the story, maybe the owner parked it in the sun one too many time.
Rear bumper has some scratches on the left side. Front bumper: looks like someone drove over something or parked it right on top of cement wheel stopper-the grill looks bent or maybe it’s the angle of the pic.
Thnks for looking out

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale