Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 04:55 PM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschenut_Lee
That might be a bit optimistic. A C4 cab with an interior color scheme that isn't exactly the most popular amongst the buyer pool is going to be a tough sell in my opinion..... but I could be wrong. A guy near me about two years at the peak of the market had a really nice triple black C2 cab with just barely 40k miles and it sat on the market in the low $40k range. Cabs are harder to sell as are C4 in comparison to C2. All this one is missing is a Tiptronic for a triple whammy. I'm sure it is a great car and I love the white........ but I think C2 and tan, black or solid navy blue interior would help get you close to $50k. Otherwise low 40k based on what I've seen.
there...that will teach you to ask RL for input

Old 01-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nowata

there...that will teach you to ask RL for input

Those actual sale comps that Bloose993TT posted from BAT really back up my assertion that not only this car, but all 964 cabs just haven't hit their stride in the market like the coupes have. There are a number of 964 cabs on BAT that have sold between 35k and 40k........ All with similar mileage, and one in particular with a recently documented $22k engine rebuild. Telling a guy he can get $50k for a cab is setting him up for major disappointment. I'd rather be a little honest and skeptical of the market upfront. The best advice yet from a previous post is to start at $49k and hope you get $40k. It is a lovely car, and maybe the right buyer will come along who absolutely loves the interior.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:55 PM
964Carrera4
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
I would start it at around $49k and think you could get mid $40s. It's hard to find really nice, original & documented 964's. You might want to consider BAT.

This 91 cab sold for around $41k including fees not to long ago.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...1-cabriolet-2/

Also check out past sales.
https://bringatrailer.com/porsche/964/
Thank you for the helpful info!!

Regarding PL's comment on the interior color. I get a LOT of people who come up to me at cars and coffee and say they really like the light gray and cobalt blue interior with the grand prix white paint. To me, it's a lot more interesting
than an ALL BLACK interior. But, the market will speak when it goes up for sale.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:15 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I like the Cobalt/Linen interior combo, it looks great! I would wait another month before putting the car up for sale, cab sales are always soft during the winter and they start coming up at the end fo February. Good luck and hopefully you have a worthy car to replace it with.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:37 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

Not sure why someone went with Alcantara on the front seats but a pretty cool car...

https://www.gaudinclassic.com/vehicl...sche-911-turbo
Old 01-22-2018, 02:11 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas993
Not sure why someone went with Alcantara on the front seats but a pretty cool car...

Nice car but they are out of their mind on price. Zermatt was a special order color but not PTS. Rare but not overly so. The car has been modified far too much and has too many miles for the price. Calipers should be black. seats should be leather, Badge should be black and no doubt the rockers and bumpers have been painted. Zermatt would have had the lower rockers, and front valances painted black. Also incorrect radio, pedals, side markers, bumperette delete, center caps and smile is twisted. I would check it out closely as odds are there is more going on that is not disclosed.

Although there were actually only 580 US spec and 33 Canadian delivered 91 3.3l turbos.

Zermatt is a pretty color.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:37 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

judging from the way the engine lid does not line up with the body - on the driver's side - i'm gonna guess it's been whacked in the rear, at some point in time.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:54 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

In addition to above (well found Cobalt & CreatureCat), Something else I noticed is the rear wiper position. Does anyone else's rear wiper naturally sit closer to the edge of the window? Mine does.
Of course the seller could have easily propped it out in that position for the pictures,... but it does look strangely as though it is sitting too far to the inside of the window.
Could it's natural position have been altered if & when it was taken off & put back on?... cuz that is easy to do /alter with the splines.

=Steve
Old 01-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

Not my car so no care, lol. Just came across it and shared it. All of their prices are out of whack.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:23 AM
cc1988
Cruisin'

Anyone have thoughts on this?

http://www.zwahlencarcompany.com/vie...ehicle_id=NzQy
Old 01-23-2018, 11:56 AM
MA135
Intermediate

Default Possibly selling my car

First, thanks for all the great info on this forum.

I am trying to decide if I should sell my 964. Sale is to pursue another car as financially and space wise I cannot have two 911's. Potential car would be a new Carerra T(I know what am I thinking selling an air cooled car for new) So either talk me off the ledge of selling it, or maybe talk me into in because you want to buy it. Here is a few pictures and info about my car. Let me know what you guys think it might bring price wise. I have trying to follow recent sales on here and other places to gauge prices, but thought you guys might have some further insight.

1991 C2 5 speed (Late year production run so it had the factory head gaskets), I am the second owner
85,000 miles
Color is Black with Beige interior
Car has sunroof and no other options from factory

In the spirit of full disclosure, this car is a driver, not a show car nor investment grade vehicle. However it is a very nice driver, I am extremely picky and meticulous and would not have bought this car if it was rough. I will disclose everything I know about the car, if I decide to sell, everything I know will be disclosed. Previous owner did some DE events with this car as disclosed to me upon my purchase, as some point the car did have roll bar installed and fire extinguisher. Both have been removed and the only evidence is underneath the car where you can see the holes that are patched for the roll bar.

Car has clean carfax, no evidence of any damage. Car underwent a thorough PPI at my time of purchase 1 year ago, he noted no signs of any damage to the car. Compression and leak down test were very good and I am happy to provide my PPI to interested parties if car becomes officially for sale. Engine pulls very strong. The only question that will come up is, hood was resprayed at some point during previous owners time. The hood sticker was reapplied as there is adhesive residue, but unfortunately the sticker came loose and was discarded but previous owner.

Car has partial service records. First owner went through several moves in which he unfortunately lost some of the records. So I have what he had, which to me amounts to about half to 3/4 of what he did. I have every receipt for everything I've done in my year of ownership.

Car is mostly stock other than what follows:
Fitted with Cup 1 wheels (unfortunately the D90's that were original did not come with the car)
Porsche 964 Series Cup Car Suspension from the Euro RS cars, I have receipt for this and install evidence by a reputable shop in New Jersey in late 90's.
3rd, 4th, and 5th gears have been shortened
Lightweight flywheel
Quaife LSD
Steve Wong Chip recently installed by me(programmed for primary muffler bypass and lightweight flywheel)
FVD primary muffler bypass pipe(I have original stock muffler)
Car had G-pipe setup when I bought it, I have retained that in case that is to next owners taste vs primary bypass.
Stock airbox was removed and replaced by cone filter by previous owner.(Let the debate on that one rage on)

Paint on the car is original except: Hood resprayed(could use another respray to be perfect), also just above the left rear wheel there was some touch up work done. You can see it up close but not from any further than 5-10 feet away. I would call the paint 7 or 8 out 10. If you wanted the paint to be near perfect, a hood respray and blend in of the area above wheel by good paint shop would be needed. I drive the car so I have personally elected to leave those two areas alone for now.

Interior is in excellent condition, I just purchased a brand new set of Coco mats as seen in the picture below. Has older aftermarket Alpine CD player installed by previous owner.

Car comes with factory manual, tool kit and air compressor.

As part of the partial service records, the only gap was when the last valve adjustment/15k service was done. Valves are however very quiet, but I will have the 15k service done soon and prior to any sale to have a baseline and offer the vehicle in good faith. No known engine issues, has very small trace amounts of oil around chain boxes that you tend to see on all these cars. New cap/rotor, plugs, brake fluid, battery, door window switch done 1 year ago.

Here are some pictures, let me know what you guys think. I would of course post many more detailed pictures if car officially becomes for sale. Thanks!

Old 01-23-2018, 12:47 PM
speedbagger
Rennlist Member

nice car. pm'd.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:48 PM
Norse_man
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MA135

I am trying to decide if I should sell my 964. Sale is to pursue another car as financially and space wise I cannot have two 911's. Potential car would be a new Carerra T(I know what am I thinking selling an air cooled car for new) So either talk me off the ledge of selling it, or maybe talk me into in because you want to buy it. Here is a few pictures and info about my car. Let me know what you guys think it might bring price wise. I have trying to follow recent sales on here and other places to gauge prices, but thought you guys might have some further insight.

1991 C2 5 speed (Late year production run so it had the factory head gaskets), I am the second owner
85,000 miles

In the spirit of full disclosure, this car is a driver, not a show car nor investment grade vehicle. However it is a very nice driver, I am extremely picky and meticulous and would not have bought this car if it was rough. I will disclose everything I know about the car, if I decide to sell, everything I know will be disclosed. Previous owner did some DE events with this car as disclosed to me upon my purchase, as some point the car did have roll bar installed and fire extinguisher. Both have been removed and the only evidence is underneath the car where you can see the holes that are patched for the roll bar.

Car has clean carfax, no evidence of any damage. Car underwent a thorough PPI at my time of purchase 1 year ago, he noted no signs of any damage to the car. Compression and leak down test were very good and I am happy to provide my PPI to interested parties if car becomes officially for sale. Engine pulls very strong. The only question that will come up is, hood was resprayed at some point during previous owners time. The hood sticker was reapplied as there is adhesive residue, but unfortunately the sticker came loose and was discarded but previous owner.

Car has partial service records. First owner went through several moves in which he unfortunately lost some of the records. So I have what he had, which to me amounts to about half to 3/4 of what he did. I have every receipt for everything I've done in my year of ownership.

Fitted with Cup 1 wheels (unfortunately the D90's that were original did not come with the car)
Porsche 964 Series Cup Car Suspension from the Euro RS cars, I have receipt for this and install evidence by a reputable shop in New Jersey in late 90's.
Lightweight flywheel
Quaife LSD
Steve Wong Chip recently installed by me(programmed for primary muffler bypass and lightweight flywheel)
Car had G-pipe setup when I bought it, I have retained that in case that is to next owners taste vs primary bypass.
Stock airbox was removed and replaced by cone filter by previous owner.(Let the debate on that one rage on)

Paint on the car is original except: Hood resprayed(could use another respray to be perfect), also just above the left rear wheel there was some touch up work done. You can see it up close but not from any further than 5-10 feet away. I would call the paint 7 or 8 out 10. If you wanted the paint to be near perfect, a hood respray and blend in of the area above wheel by good paint shop would be needed. I drive the car so I have personally elected to leave those two areas alone for now.

Interior is in excellent condition, I just purchased a brand new set of Coco mats as seen in the picture below. Has older aftermarket Alpine CD player installed by previous owner.

As part of the partial service records, the only gap was when the last valve adjustment/15k service was done. Valves are however very quiet, but I will have the 15k service done soon and prior to any sale to have a baseline and offer the vehicle in good faith. No known engine issues, has very small trace amounts of oil around chain boxes that you tend to see on all these cars. New cap/rotor, plugs, brake fluid, battery, door window switch done 1 year ago.

Here are some pictures, let me know what you guys think. I would of course post many more detailed pictures if car officially becomes for sale. Thanks!

Where is the car located?
Old 01-23-2018, 01:47 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by MA135

85,000 miles

Lightweight flywheel
Quaife LSD

Sweet C2. I think you'll get mid $50s. I wouldn't sell personally for a 991.2 Carrera (T or S). Maybe a nice 997 GT3. Sure you're getting PMs already.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:59 PM
MA135
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply's. Car is located in North Carolina(Charlotte area).

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale