Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:26 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
BTW Tarek's car fetched $63k plus preem plus tax etc. Given the desirable color combo, sport seats cup 1s and (ahem) LSD, I thought it was well bought.

Especially when you consider what they are asking for the horror show that is the poor man's Singer Targa in white..........
fair deal, and very classy move by Tarek giving the buyer a free set of oem cup 1 wheels. The car per the ad and one of Tarek’s first comments was being sold with Mille Miglia reps not the OEM Cup 1.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:37 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot

fair deal, and very classy move by Tarek giving the buyer a free set of oem cup 1 wheels. The car per the ad and one of Tarek’s first comments was being sold with Mille Miglia reps not the OEM Cup 1.

Good karma coming Tarek's way for sure.

Sweet ROW just popped up on BAT also.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-carrera-2-13/

Last edited by Bloose993TT; 02-26-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

^^^ IDK, I am not to be confused with Bell Verburg but it sure seems if the mileage is accurate, those were hard miles. I have 150k on the clock and my interior looks better, I don't have red paint all over the undercarriage either.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:07 PM
Dtronics
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ IDK, I am not to be confused with Bell Verburg but it sure seems if the mileage is accurate, those were hard miles. I have 150k on the clock and my interior looks better, I don't have red paint all over the undercarriage either.
I thought the exact same thing. The two things I thought of when I glanced through the pictures were that the interior looks rough and the engine compartment is pretty dirty. The paint looks very nice IMO.

I’m curious to hear more comments from others on here that know a lot more than I do.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:05 PM
My 911
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

BTW Tarek's car fetched $63k plus preem plus tax etc. Given the desirable color combo, sport seats cup 1s and (ahem) LSD, I thought it was well bought.

Especially when you consider what they are asking for the horror show that is the poor man's Singer Targa in white..........
Poor man is right...
​​​​
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

I just took a closer look at that car. The seats don't look original to the car. Door cards, rear seats and dash look clean. Seller did a good job at hiding the smile and deteriorated sound pad also. Probably hiding some needs but I'm sure it will be pointed out in the comments. I would assume there is paint work if they don't post paint meter readings. Cool mods and good looking 964 none the less.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:05 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT

Sweet ROW just popped up on BAT also.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-carrera-2-13/
Something not quite right about this car. Can't quite put my finger on it although the frunk, underside of the car and seats look far more rough than the rest. The painted rockers and painted fender liner parts don't add up, but I suspect more paintwork possibly the entire car. I am also surprised they don't disclose the Big black brake upgrade or comment about the aero mirrors.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Your eye is better than mine i don’t see the paintwork. Car looks ok but the wheel and tire package and alignment looks off. Rake looks wrong.
Seats look more worn than I’d expect
and you will not be able to register this car in California without spending huge bux at a certification lab. Please trust me here.
There is a reason this car is in Malibu and wearing az plates

Old 02-26-2019, 11:11 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Your eye is better than mine i don’t see the paintwork. Car looks ok but the wheel and tire package and alignment looks off. Rake looks wrong.
Seats look more worn than I’d expect
and you will not be able to register this car in California without spending huge bux at a certification lab. Please trust me here.
There is a reason this car is in Malibu and wearing az plates

Great post for those who can read between the lines. Well said. I’m sure this one will do very well on BAT and its been strategically placed in light of recent sales.
Besides the lack of bumperettes and the not optioned sunroof, it’s no different at all than a North America 964 C2.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

^ Not exactly sure what you’re referring to, maybe Tarek’s recent sale on BAT? I think that car sold fair for both parties. Having driven it it was well represented.

This japanese car is cleaner for sure, but it’s an import. Were this a NA car it would sell w/o being advertised probably for 80k+ Easy.

Ok i just looked at the pictures again.
I see the paint overspray
It’s from painting the sills
Yes, has a different brake and rotor package
Paint looks very clean
Seats and shifter are VERY worn for the miles. My car had 95k miles on it when i removed the sport seats and they are in much better condition. Some wear on the deviated piping but none of the odd wear seen here
The shifter looks bizarre for the miles
The rest of the interior looks really clean
Dont like the wheels and alignment
its missing the sound cover like all of them
underside looks ok, just dirty. If it was driven in japan in the wet, and it rains a lot there, that would explain it.
It has the emissions sticker on the door rest like they do in these cars in japan
stereo and speakers are aftermarket
The aftermarket wiring on the battery is likely for the radio and ETC (electronic toll collection) which i don’t see in the car but there is a manual for it in the documentation. This is a japanese toll tag system that uses a SIM card type thing for payment. It’s super hight tech, you start the car and it talks to you and when you go through toll booths it tells you the toll with audio. It’s kinda crazy.
I suspect the car is actually a 90, didn’t they go to airbags worldwide in 91? US got them in 90 model year.
The latest Shaken (japanese inspection) was in Jan 2018, you can see the pictures they are what they look like LOL. The bottom numbers are tire and brake measurements.

Anyway, overall the car looks clean. Japanese are pretty meticulous and if the records show the miles then i’d Have not reason to doubt they are accurate.

If anyone here is serious about the car and wants help with the japanese records PM me offline. But only if serious. I only get so many favors from the wife to review car documents :-)

Oh and sorry the car is registered in SD, not AZ. You won’t be able to register this in CA. You can likely title it, but not get tags and register it.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

wow moderator should do something.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:28 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

^ Not exactly sure what you’re referring to, maybe Tarek’s recent sale on BAT? I think that car sold fair for both parties. Having driven it it was well represented.

This japanese car is cleaner for sure, but it’s an import. Were this a NA car it would sell w/o being advertised probably for 80k+ Easy.

Paint looks very clean
Seats and shifter are VERY worn for the miles. My car had 95k miles on it when i removed the sport seats and they are in much better condition. Some wear on the deviated piping but none of the odd wear seen here
underside looks ok, just dirty. If it was driven in japan in the wet, and it rains a lot there, that would explain it.
It has the emissions sticker on the door rest like they do in these cars in japan
The aftermarket wiring on the battery is likely for the radio and ETC (electronic toll collection) which i don’t see in the car but there is a manual for it in the documentation. This is a japanese toll tag system that uses a SIM card type thing for payment. It’s super hight tech, you start the car and it talks to you and when you go through toll booths it tells you the toll with audio. It’s kinda crazy.
I suspect the car is actually a 90, didn’t they go to airbags worldwide in 91? US got them in 90 model year.
The latest Shaken (japanese inspection) was in Jan 2018, you can see the pictures they are what they look like LOL. The bottom numbers are tire and brake measurements.

Anyway, overall the car looks clean. Japanese are pretty meticulous and if the records show the miles then i’d Have not reason to doubt they are accurate.

If anyone here is serious about the car and wants help with the japanese records PM me offline. But only if serious. I only get so many favors from the wife to review car documents :-)

Oh and sorry the car is registered in SD, not AZ. You won’t be able to register this in CA. You can likely title it, but not get tags and register it.
So who paints rockers on the car? There is clear overspray on undercarriage of the passenger side from having it resprayed. I find it odd that I can't find a blemish anyplace. Without clear film coverage there has to be some minor peppering or paintwork. This is also a very early engine number 03084 not even close to the cutoff of 06837 so you might be correct about it being a 90 but the vin is M coded making it a 91. Again this doesn't add up. The engine is awfully clean while the trailing arms are black with grime on a car that never had cosmoline? That does not add up. If there was engine work it isn't mentioned I question if the undercarriage grime comes from 38k miles of driving in the rain.

I agree the interior other than the seats does look clean. Does anyone now if the Japanese cars have different carpet sets than the US? I knoow the rear seats are different. There is a seam in the rear I have never seen before so I suspect unless they do the carpet has been replaced. It is also poorly fit along the bottom of the rear seat backs. I correct my earlier comment the brakes are earlier 91-92 turbo or RS style from what I can tell. I also see that the odo is sitting off the dash so it has been removed at least once. Car also retains the RHD headlights which are less than ideal for US driving.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:41 AM
JohnK964
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Argreed I asked a guy if he thought he was funny on another thread and got a snarky message from a moderator and my post removed yet the grade school pi**ing match on this thread goes on
Old 02-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
This is also a very early engine number 03084 not even close to the cutoff of 06837 so you might be correct about it being a 90 but the vin is M coded making it a 91. Again this doesn't add up. The engine is awfully clean while the trailing arms are black with grime on a car that never had cosmoline? That does not add up. .
The chassis also appears to be a 90 as it has the round rear lid catch mechanism instead of the triangular mechanism seen on 91’s. But this just could be leftover parts which is nothing unusual for Porsche for their handbuilt cars.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:46 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
LOL - drama in 964 nerd-land !!!

Paint looks very clean

Car looks pretty good overall I think... but clearly 'massaged' for best possible effect. Is it hard to mess with the odometer on these ROW cars? Always wonder on these older cars with simple speedo/odos...

And I agree the stance seems off - maybe the wheels have the wrong offsets or the alignment/camber/rake is off. Car is not sitting right.

Still it is pretty clean one, potential issues aside, but not for a California buyer.

Originally Posted by cobalt
So who paints rockers on the car? There is clear overspray on undercarriage of the passenger side from having it resprayed. I find it odd that I can't find a blemish anyplace. Without clear film coverage there has to be some minor peppering or paintwork. This is also a very early engine number 03084 not even close to the cutoff of 06837 so you might be correct about it being a 90 but the vin is M coded making it a 91. Again this doesn't add up. The engine is awfully clean while the trailing arms are black with grime on a car that never had cosmoline? That does not add up. If there was engine work it isn't mentioned I question if the undercarriage grime comes from 38k miles of driving in the rain.

I agree the interior other than the seats does look clean. Does anyone now if the Japanese cars have different carpet sets than the US? I knoow the rear seats are different. There is a seam in the rear I have never seen before so I suspect unless they do the carpet has been replaced. It is also poorly fit along the bottom of the rear seat backs. I correct my earlier comment the brakes are earlier 91-92 turbo or RS style from what I can tell. I also see that the odo is sitting off the dash so it has been removed at least once. Car also retains the RHD headlights which are less than ideal for US driving.
Anthony proves again he has a terrific eye for the details and a logical mind... I was also struck by lack of any paint chips on the front end yet somewhat messy undercarriage. These old cars typically have dried out paint that will chip easily when driven, if the paint is still original.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale