Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 08:04 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
I would add Lux too. Those are the three biggest offenders to ethical business practices there are.
lol
Old 12-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Chris V
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 12-30-2018, 05:04 AM
pcarhiway
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris V
In case the craigslist link expires ... https://www.responsemotors.com/1994-...ster-c-398.htm
Old 12-30-2018, 12:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Although I know Robb personally I have no knowledge of this car or its history.

​​​​​​https://rfsportscars.com/1993-porsch...olet-c-375.htm

Clearly needs a smile fix but should be easy enough to do.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:07 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt

Funny, I am pretty sure Robb Francis is a fictional name and no such person sells used sports cars in NJ.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:12 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Sad to see an old 964 needing serious dental work!

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Funny, I am pretty sure Robb Francis is a fictional name and no such person sells used sports cars in NJ.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:25 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Actually You are somewhat correct. RF is his first and middle names. I know his real surname and he is a real person LOL. Previously a partner at High Marques in Morristown but sold his portion of the business to John. They are both friends of mine although there is no love loss between the two.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Nice looking C2 on BAT now.

​​​​​​https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rrera-2-coupe/
Old 01-02-2019, 10:01 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Nice looking C2 on BAT now.

​​​​​​https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rrera-2-coupe/
Looks to be a solid driver. LSD, Sport Seats are a plus. Potential rust, track use and no compression numbers is a little scary to buy sight unseen unless you can pick it up for cheap...which obviously isn't going to happen on BAT.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:58 PM
964Andrew
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Looks to be a solid driver. LSD, Sport Seats are a plus. Potential rust, track use and no compression numbers is a little scary to buy sight unseen unless you can pick it up for cheap...which obviously isn't going to happen on BAT.
Significant frunk floor damage and rust. Visible tear but no mention in the description.

Might require closer inspection.

Thanks!
Andrew
Old 01-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Yikes!
Old 01-03-2019, 12:54 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by 964Andrew
Significant frunk floor damage and rust. Visible tear but no mention in the description.

Might require closer inspection.

Thanks!
Andrew
Sometimes those guys writing the ad even when you give them the info miss stuff- i don't think the seller was trying to hide it or he wouldn't have posted the pics. anywhere under $45k i'd take it and deal with the floor being like that. (i'm sure it won't go that cheap though)
Old 01-03-2019, 09:54 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

^^^ it is nicer than many of the 964 coupes we have seen on BaT but I have my reservations saying it is nice car. It has its issues. Looks better than it is but still better than most.

The seller is clearly familiar with 964's as he has a second in his garage what appears to be white in the reflections. I suspect this car was heavily tracked at one time. No need for mounting harness mounts this way with a harness bar, Dual exhaust and slightly sagging rear center bumper section says to me heat from either improper shielding or hard driving. Rear seats were removed and improperly installed so I suspect a das sport bar at a min. I suspect race seats for a long time as the seat bolsters are in far too good condition for miles without dye work considering miles. The accident damage I have no doubt extends to the front fender, hood and most likely resulted in a replacement bumper. Pictures of the inside of the frunk in that area would be more insightful and underside of the hood was probably painted resulting in the sticker removal. Tires need replacing and there is no mention of any engine work. Someone spent a lot of time cleaning and there is still a lot of residual oil everywhere so I suspect it is in need of a top end. The spring plates need to be replaced as well the seals are leaking. I suspect the LSD needs rebuilding as well. Mine needed rebuilding at 60k miles.

Notice how the meter readings on the passenger side fender are by the door most likely they get higher as you move forward. The paint work is not the best around the windshield and the roof was repainted. The rest of the paint is very thin from extensive polishing. Some areas are close to showing the primer.

I would consider this car but don't go crazy $45k tops. I suspect there are more needs that I don't see in the pictures.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

^^^ it is nicer than many of the 964 coupes we have seen on BaT but I have my reservations saying it is nice car. It has its issues. Looks better than it is but still better than most.

The seller is clearly familiar with 964's as he has a second in his garage what appears to be white in the reflections. I suspect this car was heavily tracked at one time. No need for mounting harness mounts this way with a harness bar, Dual exhaust and slightly sagging rear center bumper section says to me heat from either improper shielding or hard driving. Rear seats were removed and improperly installed so I suspect a das sport bar at a min. I suspect race seats for a long time as the seat bolsters are in far too good condition for miles without dye work considering miles. The accident damage I have no doubt extends to the front fender, hood and most likely resulted in a replacement bumper. Pictures of the inside of the frunk in that area would be more insightful and underside of the hood was probably painted resulting in the sticker removal. Tires need replacing and there is no mention of any engine work. Someone spent a lot of time cleaning and there is still a lot of residual oil everywhere so I suspect it is in need of a top end. The spring plates need to be replaced as well the seals are leaking. I suspect the LSD needs rebuilding as well. Mine needed rebuilding at 60k miles.

Notice how the meter readings on the passenger side fender are by the door most likely they get higher as you move forward. The paint work is not the best around the windshield and the roof was repainted. The rest of the paint is very thin from extensive polishing. Some areas are close to showing the primer.

I would consider this car but don't go crazy $45k tops. I suspect there are more needs that I don't see in the pictures.
Thanks for the insight again . I'm curious to see how the seller is going to address all the unanswered questions / details on this auction.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Wow, Anthony. You have done a great job seeing the true story of this car. Well done.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale