Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Rstrada
997Pilot,

Curious on what exactly you are looking for? We have dealt and gone through so many 964s in different conditions so we have a very good idea what each Individual's expectation is after a short chat. We build them according to that expectation. Most of our inventory never see the open market. What we are doing is to share our vision & philosophy through the journey of bringing the car back to life with the new owner, from service, repair, modify or restore you name it.

Feel free to drop us an email if you want to discuss further.
Please contact me the minute you come across a 964 Targa please. No reds, open to Tips on that one. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2018, 04:30 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
Abreu Motors has 4 964s at the moment one is Polar Silver but Tip. I second that other comment. When you are a real buyer and have made a real offer the car does not get away unless the seller is not true. Tarek seems like a stand up guy. Call Fabie at Abreu, take a look at their website first and then take it from there. And the good 964 offerings are not plenty. All these cars need work after purchase just keep that in mind especially the '89-90s. I chose color combo over year and spec and could not be happier. Burning the pocket is just part of the enthusiasm for aircooled Pcars. Good luck in your search.
not necessarily, I know for a fact that checkered flag in Marina del Rey spends a ton of money making sure the cars are perfect before they list them for sale. Hence their astronomical asking prices. You get what you pay for. Tim Holt also has a very good reputation for selling only clean cars that are well documented. RPM motorcars also has some very nice inventory although they specialize more in the 993.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:13 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

Abreu Motors has 4 964s at the moment one is Polar Silver but Tip. I second that other comment. When you are a real buyer and have made a real offer the car does not get away unless the seller is not true. Tarek seems like a stand up guy. Call Fabie at Abreu, take a look at their website first and then take it from there. And the good 964 offerings are not plenty. All these cars need work after purchase just keep that in mind especially the '89-90s. I chose color combo over year and spec and could not be happier. Burning the pocket is just part of the enthusiasm for aircooled Pcars. Good luck in your search.
i don't mean for this to sound like a rant, but i just reviewed Chequered Flag's website and they have 3 available 964s and the cheapest one is a '93 for $63.5k with 110k miles. they also have a '94 with 136k miles for $67.5k and a '91 with 63k miles for $73.5k. i know the resale business, but it still bugs me that they can artificially raise the prices on a market. if those cars were sold private party, you'd likely be looking at prices in the 50s and possibly low 60s - likely the high end of the prices they actually paid. they'll sit on the cars until the market starts to reach their prices. i know of a car that was bought by a dealer who gave the seller the "this is my dream car, i've been looking, etc, etc..." and it was literally on a website the next day after the sale with a premium attached. i'd much rather buy from a private seller and pay a fair market price instead of a car that has simply had a premium tacked onto it.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:17 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Abreau has a few, Holt has a few and so does Cherqued Flag in LA. Of course, they’re all asking top dollar prices, but if things keep up the way they have been, plus low production numbers as you mentioned, these will be six figure cars in a year or so. Especially clean, low mile well maintained cars.
I don’t know much about Chequered Flag, but I would not put Abreu and Holt at the same level. Holt always has well documented pristine cars, Abreu not so much. Not saying Abreu is a bad reseller, but he is nowhere near the level of Holt when it comes to the quality of his inventory.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:46 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Abreu and cheq flag don't have very good online reviews, and both their prices are always astronomical, Holt are great, but also very high prices, i was holding out to buy from either a private owner here or a dealer with Tarek's reviews and reputation. There is a gray C4 for sale in AZ i'm contemplating now, not first color choice but may have to do, seller wants a lot of money for it though.

and Lorenzoh, i am a serious buyer, i couldn't make him a solid offer because he wasn't selling it 4 months ago, i did hint to him that over 60 would be too much, but i guess that wasn't the case lol.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
This one looks fun, but no price listed ;(
http://www.luckydriversportcars.com/...17646044.html#

I pursued this one briefly. It was purchased in my home town so my initial reaction was "she's coming home!".
Googled the VIN and found the ebay auction where the car was purchased a few months back. It had a couple rust issues. I asked the dealer about it and they said they repaired and spotted those areas. While they were at it, they changed the interior (different color, too), added the green and the wheels... I was worried it was a quick flip so I passed. Asking price was $69k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Porsch...65?_mwBanner=1
Old 05-31-2018, 08:34 PM
FlyinTomato
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you find your car soon. potential buyers really are missing the driving experience as minutes pass by. These are true remarkable cars. And worth every penny.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:33 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 263 Posts

^are you the same user from audizine? RS4 owner?
Old 05-31-2018, 10:41 PM
FlyinTomato
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me? No. I am only active on RL.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:38 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM

I don’t know much about Chequered Flag, but I would not put Abreu and Holt at the same level. Holt always has well documented pristine cars, Abreu not so much. Not saying Abreu is a bad reseller, but he is nowhere near the level of Holt when it comes to the quality of his inventory.
Purchased my 1991 C2 from Chequered Flag. I did pay on the high side, but the car was pristine. Haven't seen a comparable black/black c2 since I bought mine last year.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:48 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 117 Posts

I'm probably going to list my mint 1991 48k mile black on tan 5 spd sometime in the next month or so but it will be expensive ...
Old 06-01-2018, 12:39 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 42 Posts

Chequered flag is usually 5-10k above market. I can’t say their cars are better than anyone else’s. I think they are quite average most of the time. But then again it’s really difficult to find good cars these days.

There just isn’t a lot of low mileage/good color combos available at the moment. And when one comes up. It’s gone in seconds. Especially black interior/manual cars.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

delete
Old 06-01-2018, 02:39 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
Abreu and cheq flag don't have very good online reviews, and both their prices are always astronomical, Holt are great, but also very high prices, i was holding out to buy from either a private owner here or a dealer with Tarek's reviews and reputation. There is a gray C4 for sale in AZ i'm contemplating now, not first color choice but may have to do, seller wants a lot of money for it though.

and Lorenzoh, i am a serious buyer, i couldn't make him a solid offer because he wasn't selling it 4 months ago, i did hint to him that over 60 would be too much, but i guess that wasn't the case lol.
Buying from a private seller is always a best choice if the option is available as is a more personal and probably more honest experience, however, I disagree wholesale with not engaging with a dealer, if they have the car you are looking for, just based on someone else's recount of their experience with that dealer's service or lack there of. You can;t pick up all the details from an online review and it's not like these vehicles are a global offering as if they were a late year model at a Porsche Authorized Dealer. Every experience is different. I have multiple Pcars and one of my aircooled was bought through a dealer and the experience while not perfect was not bad and the price carried the dealer mark up. It is to be expected, but I was not going to pass on the color combo car I had been looking for years just because of someone else's online review good or bad. I have not seen another 964 offering since with same color combo and low miles. Had I passed based on a negative online review, I would still be looking as opposed to driving. If you find a car you like at a dealer, arm yourself with a reputable PPI firm and make them a solid offer after inspection results. You would be surprised more than half of the interest these cars get at dealers will shy away from paying the cost of a PPI. Obviously the dealer will not consider the buyer serious after neglecting this step. As we all have experienced, the good offerings of these cars last hours at best a few days, as there will always be more potential buyers than good cars left out there for sale. Pardon my unsolicited advice but I get approached via PM all the time with the same questions that are posted here and can only speak from personal experience.

Good luck with your search and sincerely hope you find what you are looking for sooner than later.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
i've lost all hope, Tarek listed this 91 yesterday on his instagram , i've been waiting for 4 months for him to put it up for sale, i literally looked at the ad and called him this morning and it was gone, he sold it within 2 hours..wtf..looking for one of these cars in good condition is like digging for diamonds

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5_uYHuTAU
I'm sure if you offered him a price he couldn't refuse you would of got the 1st call when he was ready to sell. Sounds like you had the in. Don't lose hope unless your searching for a steal of deal. Unfortunately you most likely won't be able to pay for a PPI or even have time to fly in and inspect the car if it's priced below market. Lots of big dogs after C2 Coupes these days.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale