Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So It Begins

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Love the ITBs reminds me of my previous air cooled (in a much humbler way) with the Idas
Wow, that looks absolutely amazing. I'd have been gutted to let it go!

Paul That's the shot I've been waiting for. The fuchs look amazing, as does the rest of the car. I'm pretty convinced that once my car has been repainted I'll be going for a set too. Probably 17" and sprayed orange. Sounds like sacrilege i know but I'm hoping it'll work. Might just plastidip them first to check tho

Well done sir. Well done indeed.
Thanks Mike. I don't think you would regret it, you can really feel the quality when you have them in your hands and they are really light compared to other wheels I've had. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Hi Paul, you beat me to the post,I finally made it back to the UK and got them fitted, what are your thoughts on them?
Hi Orp73,

Lovely! Are they 17's and what brake callipers are you running on the front 993's? Because you ight be answering Nylasurf's question.

I was thinking of putting the Fuchs centre caps on as I think you add to the wheel but since I'd paid a fortune for the Porsche crests a year or so ago I decided to get my money's worth out of them

Thanks,
Paul
Old 04-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Booglejfox
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's a real beauty
Old 04-30-2014, 02:47 PM
tfitch03
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very cool!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right that's it I'm painting the 64 black & getting Fuchs.....Paul/orp..... Stunning
Old 05-01-2014, 05:19 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Paul That's the shot I've been waiting for. The fuchs look amazing, as does the rest of the car. I'm pretty convinced that once my car has been repainted I'll be going for a set too. Probably 17" and sprayed orange. Sounds like sacrilege i know but I'm hoping it'll work. Might just plastidip them first to check tho

Well done sir. Well done indeed.
I think the petals in orange would look fab mike

Get one of the clever forum members do a photoshop
Old 05-01-2014, 09:37 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking very smart Paul. Must say I'm not usually a fan of Fuch wheels on our cars - but that looks absolutely stellar my friend. Really stellar. Well done

Originally Posted by fuch
I think the petals in orange would look fab mike Get one of the clever forum members do a photoshop
Oooo sounds goooood Mike.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:47 AM
orp73
Racer

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Wow, that looks absolutely amazing. I'd have been gutted to let it go!

Thanks Mike. I don't think you would regret it, you can really feel the quality when you have them in your hands and they are really light compared to other wheels I've had. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Hi Orp73,

Lovely! Are they 17's and what brake callipers are you running on the front 993's? Because you ight be answering Nylasurf's question.

I was thinking of putting the Fuchs centre caps on as I think you add to the wheel but since I'd paid a fortune for the Porsche crests a year or so ago I decided to get my money's worth out of them

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul, yes they are 993 Turbo brakes, stopping is awesome am pleased with them, I must confess I am not sure about the rims, hopefully they will grow on me.

I must confess I do have engine envy when I look at the pics of yours, yes must be pretty pleased with it, any idea of final output yet?

Cheers

Mark
Old 05-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

She's a real beauty
Cheers Booglejfox

very cool!
Tfitch03, Ta

Right that's it I'm painting the 64 black & getting Fuchs.....Paul/orp..... Stunning
Thanks Fuch

Looking very smart Paul. Must say I'm not usually a fan of Fuch wheels on our cars - but that looks absolutely stellar my friend. Really stellar. Well done
Thanks Frank, much appreciated

I must confess I do have engine envy when I look at the pics of yours, yes must be pretty pleased with it, any idea of final output yet?
Cheers Mark, Your's looks great and will surely draw a lot of attention. The dyno print for my engine is shown on a previous page it's all I have but I'm happy with that, especially he torque. You can see where the rev limiter cuts in just over 7k.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 05-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Very tasty....outstanding!
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Thanks Earlydays

Hi Guys,

We've had a little play today, I thought I'd test out the fitment of the new AC belt, well, you have to don't you? So I was blasting along minding my own business, sniffing for the tell-tale sign of burning rubber, when a huge black Audi came from nowhere and pulled in front, chase me, chase me!

The Audi had 4 huge stainless pipes sticking out of the rear end and a 6.3 AMG badge on it??? I did think about giving chase for a nano-second and then remembered if the AC belt came off again it could do some serious damage so I backed off a little.

Audi-man soon bored with me and put his foot down and set off to look for somebody else to play with resulting in a glorious howl, I could hear it above mine, oh what the hell, I did what any bloke would do, foot down!

We were barrelling along and yet again from nowhere, an interloper! This time a brand new Aston Vantage S getting a spanking, it was like being in the Cannonball Run, wish I'd been a bystander to hear the soundtrack

I'm pleased to say the AC belt survived a damn good thrashing so everything's ticket-boo here

Anyway, I thought I might put up a few pics of the evolution of my 64's engine whilst in my tenure for comparison:

Finally, with new AC belt fitted;

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited by Paul284pt; 05-04-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

What a beaut Paul! Someday I'll get to my engine. Someday...
Old 05-04-2014, 07:32 PM
RMVP
5th Gear

Great thread Paul! You have done an excellent job in your car.
I'm wondering where you have installed/hidden the GPS antenna and the micro of the radio?
Thanks.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

What a beaut Paul! Someday I'll get to my engine. Someday...
Thanks Rey

Great thread Paul! You have done an excellent job in your car.
I'm wondering where you have installed/hidden the GPS antenna and the micro of the radio?
Thanks.
Hi RMVP,

Thank you! The antenna runs around the edge of windscreen (shield) and vertically through the centre, rather like a heated screen except it's a single filament. There is a booster behind the dash, it works a treat.

A couple of jobs today;

First was to take off the off-side (RHD) rear wheel and check there was enough clearance from the 15mm spacers for the 18" Fuchs. 9e Nine-Excellence had kindly warned me that I would need 18mm's after they also had problems with their racer. I had been sold the 15mm's as part of the wheel package for fitment to a 964.

This is after about 300 miles of running without any excessive wheel loading, I imagine this could come to a sticky end on a track. This is a warning well heeded, tomorrow I'll be sending the distributor the attached photo and ordering 18mm spacers and many thanks to 9e :big bye:

Now for the glamour, I also fitted the 3.8 badge bought from Patrick Motorsports

Cheers,
Paul
Old 05-06-2014, 10:48 AM
RMVP
5th Gear

Hi Paul.
What you are referring most probably is the normal/standard radio antena on the windscreen. What I mean is the GPS antena and the microfone of your Classic Navigation System.
I'm about to install one in my 964 C2 and I'm wondering where should I hide the GPS antena and the microfone...
Thanks.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Paul.
What you are referring most probably is the normal/standard radio antena on the windscreen. What I mean is the GPS antena and the microfone of your Classic Navigation System.
I'm about to install one in my 964 C2 and I'm wondering where should I hide the GPS antena and the microfone...
Thanks
Hi,

The Porsche Classic for SAT/NAV, phone, radio was installed by OPC for which there is a booster antenna situated behind dash (as per previous post). The Microphone is clipped onto the driver's sun-visor but it could also be clipped to windscreen pillar.

Best regards,
Paul

Quick Reply: So It Begins