Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They're back! Rennlist North Wales Run - Sunday March 21st.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Sten
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My back is still killing me.. Glad everyone had a good time and no mishaps. First time I'd seen an RS America in the flesh, nice car.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Sifly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gaz, saying as we didn't get to see the rubystone turbo in the metal, how about posting a few snaps for us all to see??

cheers, si
Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
polar964
Racer

Great pics Paz, Rob & Charlie. Looking at the colour of the sky in most of the pics, you would think it must have absolutely threw it down.

Nice detail too Paz; reflection of the 964 in the sunglasses, top shot

As usuall John had obviously arranged the weather with the Creator!

Last edited by polar964; 03-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
appletonn
Intermediate

There you go, a couple of mine...

Last edited by appletonn; 03-23-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:47 PM
circo911
Track Day

Thanks again to John for the invite and a great day out even in a BMW. A good bunch of lads. Hope to see you all on the next trip.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
polar964
Racer

Originally Posted by circo911
Thanks again to John for the invite and a great day out even in a BMW. A good bunch of lads. Hope to see you all on the next trip.
Hope it's not to long before you find a nice 964
Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
bw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Default That Great Day

What can I say that hasn't already been said by everyone that has posted since the Great Day? Special thanks to John and Paula (thought I'd better mention Paula or John might get too big headed) as he couldn't do all the organising without her blessing! It was good to talk to the few people that I have met up to now since getting my 964, John and Paula, Paul and son Harvey, Kevin Asbridge, Paz, Barry and a few others, not forgetting Frank from 'across the water'. Lets hope you can visit again in one of your 'other cars'. The only downsides of the day were the potholes on the B4501, I felt like a slalom skier, and my wife Kath who is a very nervous passenger and a VERY cautious driver of a slower vehicle (Discovery) who insists on panicking as I drive around any sort of bend (she brakes at every bend even on the rare occasion that she drives the 964). She says she's not coming again on any future runout, can't say I'm disappointed! The way I see it she thinks there's an accident waiting to happen around every bend, but I say maybe there is but if there is, THEN I'll deal with it. I've attached a few photos, but they are fairly ordinary. I think I need a digital SLR to get some better shots Paz?. Hope to see you all next time and talk some more! P.S. I didn't get a piece of cake - maybe next time!
Attached Images          
Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mr pg
Here's one of the 4 white group. The other's wern't good enough.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo we just lost everyone else! and guess who was leading Steve?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:38 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by bw-porsche
...and my wife Kath who is a very nervous passenger and a VERY cautious driver of a slower vehicle (Discovery) who insists on panicking as I drive around any sort of bend (she brakes at every bend even on the rare occasion that she drives the 964). She says she's not coming again on any future runout, can't say I'm disappointed! The way I see it she thinks there's an accident waiting to happen around every bend, but I say maybe there is but if there is, THEN I'll deal with it.
There are a few spouses/partners who feel that way. It's understandable, but they don't realise just how much margin is left in reserve. Speaking for myself, but I'm sure it applies to us all, I never went beyond what you might call eight-tenths, and even at my personal ten-tenths I'd still be sure to have something in reserve.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Thats why I left my misses at home.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Actually, I'd just like to add - for the benefit of anyone who's thinking of coming along next time - everyone is entirely free to go along at whatever speed they are comfortable with. That's why we have a route map and stopping/meeting-up points enroute. If you feel like cruising along and taking in the scenery, that's just fine - there is never any pressure to do otherwise.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bw-porsche
and my wife Kath who is a very nervous passenger and a VERY cautious driver of a slower vehicle (Discovery) who insists on panicking as I drive around any sort of bend (she brakes at every bend even on the rare occasion that she drives the 964). She says she's not coming again on any future runout, can't say I'm disappointed!
In my opinion the more you let your wife/partner drive a Porsche the more they are comfortable with what it can and can't do as both a driver and as a passenger.

I'm sure that Cate won't be surprised (after a hundred times of me saying it) to hear that whilst i am nervous to different points as a passenger in her Fiat or Subaru, when she drives the Turbo i am at total ease as she has a high level of confidence and skill and i appreciate that she knows that the car will corner, accelerate and stop much better than almost everything you'd meet on the road and drives around these limits, well maybe to higher speeds in Europe but that is a different thread..

To everyone (mainly to Wikkid though) i would recommend letting your better half use your car on both the road and also on the track as with this they become more involved in these type of days and don't just become bored spectators.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sal 965
In my opinion the more you let your wife/partner drive a Porsche the more they are comfortable with what it can and can't do as both a driver and as a passenger.

I'm sure that Cate won't be surprised (after a hundred times of me saying it) to hear that whilst i am nervous to different points as a passenger in her Fiat or Subaru, when she drives the Turbo i am at total ease as she has a high level of confidence and skill and i appreciate that she knows that the car will corner, accelerate and stop much better than almost everything you'd meet on the road and drives around these limits, well maybe to higher speeds in Europe but that is a different thread..

To everyone (mainly to Wikkid though) i would recommend letting your better half use your car on both the road and also on the track as with this they become more involved in these type of days and don't just become bored spectators.
Good point Sal

Mine stayed at home because she finds it boring when us boys start bantering for hours about cars in general, but now I know there are a few more female passengers on board with you guys plus the fab views on the tour, I may bring her out next time.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Good points about letting your significant other drive so they feel comfortable at these types of meets. Off to the garage to fix that seat adjustment motor...

I've really enjoyed the pictures. So many 964s in one place, HEAVEN!

Quick Reply: They're back! Rennlist North Wales Run - Sunday March 21st.