Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They're back! Rennlist North Wales Run - Sunday March 21st.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
polar964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great day, thanks John for organising. Here's some more pics'
Attached Images      

Last edited by polar964; 03-21-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
asbi
Racer

John,
Thanks again for setting this one up, a far cry from the early days of 3-4 cars....

Great to talk to so many nice people, felt like I was at a wedding or similar with not enough time to get round the prople and the cars.

Roll on the next one,
Cheers,
Kevin (Lemon Drizzle Cake RSL - ad John - I had two pieces too!!!)
Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM
mr pg
Racer

Can't see any photos?

On a nother subject, to the owner of the white RSA (how rare is that in the UK?), when following you, I noticed your spolier doesn't come up until 70 or so. Is that normal for the RSA?

Paul.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Barneybee
2nd Gear

Default Fantastic day

Thanks to John for organising such a good day and to Steve for inviting the Boxster contingent.

We had a fantastic day and met a lovely bunch of people with stunning cars, makes me want one now!

My pictures don't match up to those posted so will keep them under wraps

David
Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back to Putney (well, about 40 mins ago...) not bad traffic back, and the GT3 is a nice place to be after a day like today.

Will look through my (well Charlie's) pics tomorrow; thanks to those of you who have already put some up.

Days like today make me very nostalgic for my 964s...

Anyway, nice to see the old gang, and plenty of new gang members too :-)
Old 03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
andymin
AutoX

Brilliant day, great cars, great roads, only problem is I now want another 964!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Paz
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the invite John (the 968 thinks it's a 964 now!), a great day meeting friends old and new - and those roads
Attached Images          
Old 03-21-2010, 06:44 PM
mr pg
Racer

I've been thinking of moving on to something more modern, but start up a 964, accelerate away, chuck it into a bend, and now I'm not sure sure! If a slightly lowered targa with knackered rear shocks can be so much fun, how must those lowered/lightened/sorted coupes be? Food for thought.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Barneybee
Thanks to John for organising such a good day and to Steve for inviting the Boxster contingent.

We had a fantastic day and met a lovely bunch of people with stunning cars, makes me want one now!

My pictures don't match up to those posted so will keep them under wraps

David
Good to see you again David and hope you enjoyed the little cross country trip in our mini convoy. Hope we didn't get you into too much trouble with the Mrs by setting a rather brisk pace on that section
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Just got back home! no not from the trip, but a dayout with you lovely guys and going straight to work afterwards.

Anyway, just chillin down now for the night, and enjoying my cuppa tea in front of the computer seeing alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those fab photos you've all taken.

I must say, this was my 1st Porsche meet and boy can I say it was a thoroughly great day. It was a pleasure rolling with the white 964ers.......Dave, Russ and Co., and Gaz and Nick on the way home;-)

Lastly I must thank uncle Steve for helping me out with what was a fright of the morning..............my undertray coming loose8-( oh and Sifly for the stopping at such times. Gazzzz as per usual for the spanner and great banter!

Thanks John, lets organise another trip out soon;-) Im sure my misses wont mind!

Norm

P.s Uncle Norm will cook for you all at mine soon;-)
Old 03-22-2010, 04:06 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 499 Posts

John,

many thanks for organizing! It was a great event and certainly worthwhile to take the trip across the Irish sea. We took a lot of photos and video but was just too tired to post up last night so they will have to wait a bit.

I have neer seen so many 964s in one place - all beautifully maintained an sounding great. The choice of roads was simply fantastic.

Originally Posted by mr pg
I noticed your spolier doesn't come up until 70 or so. Is that normal for the RSA?
Paul, it's been reprogrammed to move at 70/40 mph up/down.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:49 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, some of my photos from yesterday.

Some taken from in the car, so dashboard has been cropped out!

Charlie probably took all of these...he had the camera most of the time!
Attached Images                
Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Some really nice shots there.

One of these days, we must organise a trip especially for photography. Paz would be a bit lonely though - we'd all be near the cars, but he'd be two and half miles away with his super-long lens. :-D
Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
John,

many thanks for organizing! It was a great event and certainly worthwhile to take the trip across the Irish sea. We took a lot of photos and video but was just too tired to post up last night so they will have to wait a bit.

I have neer seen so many 964s in one place - all beautifully maintained an sounding great. The choice of roads was simply fantastic.

Paul, it's been reprogrammed to move at 70/40 mph up/down.
I'm especially pleased that you enjoyed the day, Frank, having taken such trouble to make the effort to attend. I only realised it as I stood watching your car, but until that moment I had never actually seen an RSA in the flesh. Really nice car, too and very nice to meet you.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
benny.c
Intermediate

Just to echo what everyone else has said; Fantastic day out with great roads, lovely cars and good company. Moment of the day for me was following the four white cars, you posers

A big thanks to John for organising the day. I know you say it's not really organised, but it was.....and if someone doesn't make the effort to start the ball rolling, then these things just don't happen. Here's hoping we can all get together for another run out in the not too distant future. I've got a feeling it will be popular

Quick Reply: They're back! Rennlist North Wales Run - Sunday March 21st.