Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They're back! Rennlist North Wales Run - Sunday March 21st.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010 | 10:00 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by benny.c
Moment of the day for me was following the four white cars, you posers
Got to be honest, that bit did it for me too. It was a brilliant sight seeing white 964's front and rear!
Old 03-22-2010 | 10:27 AM
Barneybee
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Good to see you again David and hope you enjoyed the little cross country trip in our mini convoy. Hope we didn't get you into too much trouble with the Mrs by setting a rather brisk pace on that section
No problem with that, she does remind me of the speed now an again
Was happy with the way the Boxster handled must get it on the track. Only one hairy moment, sharp left hand bend after brow of hill, brakes didn't remove enough speed but she still held it ok, no dark stains on the seats!!!

A very enjoyable day out.
Old 03-22-2010 | 10:41 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Barneybee
No problem with that, she does remind me of the speed now an again
Was happy with the way the Boxster handled must get it on the track. Only one hairy moment, sharp left hand bend after brow of hill, brakes didn't remove enough speed but she still held it ok, no dark stains on the seats!!!

A very enjoyable day out.
I'm pretty sure I know which corner you're talking about (no, I'm not referring to Rob's corner here)

You can't see the black and white chevron sign until you go over the crest...I was dabbing my brakes early so people following could see me slowing down...
Old 03-22-2010 | 12:22 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Not the greatest of photos

Old 03-22-2010 | 12:42 PM
appletonn
Intermediate

Thanks Norm!

The day was superb and I only wish i could have captured some of the driving moments on camera, video ideally - might have to invest on one of those bullet cam set ups for next time.

Following John B with Barry behind me over some of the best driving roads around with stunning scenery, whilst, ahem, 'making progress' will stay in my head for ever - I keep replaying some of it over and over!

Watching the rear of John's car wrestle the terrain into submission in some of the more challenging corners, whilst maintaining a wonderful rhythm and flow was magical.

First 'proper' drive in my old bus, since its engine rebuild (1000 miles on Mways to run the engine in doesn't count ) so I finally bonded with the old beast and have started to learn how to drive it properly, after 2 years with my old 944 Turbo.

As everyone has already said, not enough time to speak to everyone, but some really lovely people with great attitudes and friendly natures.

Nice gentle cruise back home in convoy with Gary and Norm brought the day to an end.

I have a few pics to post, so will stick them up later on.

Old 03-22-2010 | 01:04 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

I had fun yesterday, thanks everyone
Old 03-22-2010 | 01:09 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Really gutted not to have been able to bring the turbo out on the run as i therefore missed the chance to meet many people due to missing the morning stops. Anyway it was an impressive sight at the lake to see all the cars lined up as i've only ever seen six or seven cars that at the most.

It was good to catch up with the old friends when bringing Barrys cake delivery in the Impreza but struggled to chat with and meet new friends (sorry Simon).

I'm sure there will be another run soon as the popularity is riding high. So JB, end of April/early May?
Old 03-22-2010 | 01:28 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sal 965

It was good to catch up with the old friends when bringing Barrys cake delivery in the Impreza but struggled to chat with and meet new friends (sorry Simon).
I agree Steve, time went so quickly yesterday....didn't even get chance to trade some of my Kate's brownie for your Cate's drizzle. Mind you, your dog nearly managed to snaffle my sandwiches
Old 03-22-2010 | 01:40 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 964russ
I had fun yesterday, thanks everyone
Russ.......you always have fun by the sound of it
Old 03-22-2010 | 01:41 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boxsey911
I agree Steve, time went so quickly yesterday....didn't even get chance to trade some of my Kate's brownie for your Cate's drizzle. Mind you, your dog nearly managed to snaffle my sandwiches
The Brownies was the shizzle! shud have taken the big piece
Old 03-22-2010 | 01:53 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

what a fright! thanks again Steve, Sifly and Gazza for the spanner!
Old 03-22-2010 | 02:04 PM
Paz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John Boggiano
Some really nice shots there.

One of these days, we must organise a trip especially for photography. Paz would be a bit lonely though - we'd all be near the cars, but he'd be two and half miles away with his super-long lens. :-D
Next time round I'll be way ahead of the convoy so I can snaffle some action shots, mind you I've tried to do that on a few Nurburg trips but always ended-up revelling in the roads and leaving the camera tucked-away . . .
Old 03-22-2010 | 02:22 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by appletonn
Thanks Norm!

The day was superb and I only wish i could have captured some of the driving moments on camera, video ideally - might have to invest on one of those bullet cam set ups for next time.

Following John B with Barry behind me over some of the best driving roads around with stunning scenery, whilst, ahem, 'making progress' will stay in my head for ever - I keep replaying some of it over and over!

Watching the rear of John's car wrestle the terrain into submission in some of the more challenging corners, whilst maintaining a wonderful rhythm and flow was magical.

First 'proper' drive in my old bus, since its engine rebuild (1000 miles on Mways to run the engine in doesn't count ) so I finally bonded with the old beast and have started to learn how to drive it properly, after 2 years with my old 944 Turbo.

As everyone has already said, not enough time to speak to everyone, but some really lovely people with great attitudes and friendly natures.

Nice gentle cruise back home in convoy with Gary and Norm brought the day to an end.

I have a few pics to post, so will stick them up later on.

964s are great to watch being driven on roads like those aren't they? They really interact with the lumps and bumps and curves; they squirm, they wriggle, they lean, they stretch and compress, they dance their way along - really satisfying. :-)
Old 03-22-2010 | 03:18 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Baz warned us about the first part of the B4501 out of Denbigh being cut up. He was right. It was also very, very narrow in places. Especially for a turbo! There was a farm at one point that I swear the farmer was so fed up with petrolheads using the road, that he deliberately soiled it with muck. At that stage I'm sure Sifly and Barneebee where questioning my navigating skills . But when it opened up after about half way......boy what a road!
Old 03-22-2010 | 03:20 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

John,

When are we all going out again? as this must become a regular thing.

You name the date and I'll be there.

Gaz,

Quick Reply: They're back! Rennlist North Wales Run - Sunday March 21st.