Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020 | 04:06 PM
Pardonmypov
Track Day

Originally Posted by JAB12
I am guessing you are also located in Europe. If you can get it for $38-$40Euro, you are in good shape. A reseal and modest cosmetics which probably are needed based on the Kms and the amount of owners is easily going to run you about $6-$10k in the US. A 150K+ miles C4 with US spec this side of the pond with no major mechanical needs will be in the $45K-$50K range well bought. Good luck and post photos if you end up with the car.
Thanks. Actually the one thing that sort of worries me the most is the number of previous owners. Or should I not worry, given that the car has been driven?
Old 10-02-2020 | 04:49 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pardonmypov
Thanks. Actually the one thing that sort of worries me the most is the number of previous owners. Or should I not worry, given that the car has been driven?
From what you state the car is a driver with high mileage. If it has not been the subject of an accident and you have service records and have performed a thorough PPI then IMO it doesn't matter how many previous owners it has had. What matters is if you like the car and you are about to be it's next owner and enjoy it with no worries while driving. The car you see in my avatar is an '89 C4, low mileage Garage Queen extraordinaire, sadly. I am the second owner and I regret not seeing the road more often behind the wheel. Don't be like me. Get your car and go drive it like you stole it then share your experience in here if you wish. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
abarthguy (11-10-2020)
Old 10-03-2020 | 12:09 AM
Mtea
Instructor

Default Might Sell my ‘91 C4 Targa

I’ve had my targa for 13 years and it feels like it is time to sell. I’m only around it in the summers and for last couple years the dealer that has done all the service is 130 miles away so it has become somewhat inconvenient. It is guards red, black interior, manual transmission, has 67,000 miles (about 22k have been mine), is in in very nice shape and is totally original with the exception of stereo, but I have the OEM stereo/cassette deck still. The targa top has been rebuilt, the distributor vent kit has been installed, and I have had the foam insulation at the top of the engine bay replaced. The dealer also just replaced the rear reflector which was cracked. It is always stored inside and was never driven in the rain unless there was a surprise. Paint is original and there is no rust that I’ve ever found. There a a couple rock chips at the front of the hood which have been touched up. I’ll load a few photos below, but I don’t have what would be expected for a sale listing. What do you think it might be worth?

Last edited by Mtea; 10-03-2020 at 09:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mtea:
9SIX4-C4 (10-20-2020), masti99 (01-09-2021)
Old 10-05-2020 | 04:49 PM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Where in PA are you? I may be interested in your beautiful targa. My wife is not into red, but I can convince her with such a nice example!

Originally Posted by Mtea
I’ve had my targa for 13 years and it feels like it is time to sell. I’m only around it in the summers and for last couple years the dealer that has done all the service is 130 miles away so it has become somewhat inconvenient. It is guards red, black interior, manual transmission, has 67,000 miles (about 22k have been mine), is in in very nice shape and is totally original with the exception of stereo, but I have the OEM stereo/cassette deck still. The targa top has been rebuilt, the distributor vent kit has been installed, and I have had the foam insulation at the top of the engine bay replaced. The dealer also just replaced the rear reflector which was cracked. It is always stored inside and was never driven in the rain unless there was a surprise. Paint is original and there is no rust that I’ve ever found. There a a couple rock chips at the front of the hood which have been touched up. I’ll load a few photos below, but I don’t have what would be expected for a sale listing. What do you think it might be worth?

Old 10-05-2020 | 08:41 PM
Mtea
Instructor

Hlee96, the car is being stored at a dealer in Pittsburgh. I’ll PM you with more info.
Old 10-20-2020 | 01:07 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Originally Posted by Jlini911
Good evening all, new member with first post who would appreciate the group’s input. I am looking at buying a 1990 964 C2 with approximately 55,000 miles. White exterior with wine/burgundy interior (not sure what the official color is called). It is in excellent condition inside and out, current owner (2nd) has had it for about 20 years and has only put 15,000 or so miles on it. This is the 4th Porsche he has owned and or restored so he knows how to take care of them. What do people feel is a fair price for a 964 of this vintage and condition?

FYI, I think he is going to ask around $33K which it seems is a fair price given the limited research I have had a chance to do.

Appreciate any input from the group.
just saw someone on bat call this out, the same car is now for sale on bat but seller which posted above is saying it’s his father or family car .
9SIX4-C4 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020 | 10:16 PM
964Wanted
5th Gear

I have a 2007 Z4m with 20000 miles if interested in a trade.
9SIX4-C4 (10-21-2020)
Old 10-20-2020 | 10:41 PM
Jlini911
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
just saw someone on bat call this out, the same car is now for sale on bat but seller which posted above is saying it’s his father or family car .
997Pilot,

Good Evening, I just wanted to clarify that this was my post from last year and the auction on BAT is one that I am assisting my parents with. The gentleman I referenced last year is my father, I did not mention that in my original post as I did not want to influence in any way anyone’s input as to the value of his car and a potential sale price due to “keeping it in the family” pricing. I used the input I received from fellow Rennlist members to help make my case to him that he was significantly under valuing the car. In doing so, I priced it out of my ability to purchase it, so it never changed hands and he is still the second owner. We have been researching since this spring the best way to find a new home for it and settled on BAT. The car is in my parents name, I am just assisting with the technical aspects of setting up a YouTube page, getting good pictures and compiling 23 years of receipts and documents. None of which are strengths of a 78 and 76 year old!
Hopefully this clarifies any confusion regarding my post last year and the current BAT auction. I can assure anyone watching the auction there is nothing nefarious going on and both my father and I are available anytime to discuss the vehicle or answer any questions.
Thanks
Jeff
The following 2 users liked this post by Jlini911:
9SIX4-C4 (10-21-2020), mark lintott (03-16-2021)
Old 10-21-2020 | 06:39 PM
9SIX4-C4
Racer

997Pilot,

Good Evening, I just wanted to clarify that this was my post from last year and the auction on BAT is one that I am assisting my parents with. The gentleman I referenced last year is my father, I did not mention that in my original post as I did not want to influence in any way anyone’s input as to the value of his car and a potential sale price due to “keeping it in the family” pricing. I used the input I received from fellow Rennlist members to help make my case to him that he was significantly under valuing the car. In doing so, I priced it out of my ability to purchase it, so it never changed hands and he is still the second owner. We have been researching since this spring the best way to find a new home for it and settled on BAT. The car is in my parents name, I am just assisting with the technical aspects of setting up a YouTube page, getting good pictures and compiling 23 years of receipts and documents. None of which are strengths of a 78 and 76 year old!
Hopefully this clarifies any confusion regarding my post last year and the current BAT auction. I can assure anyone watching the auction there is nothing nefarious going on and both my father and I are available anytime to discuss the vehicle or answer any questions.
Thanks
Jeff

Thank you for the input golfnutintib. It is amazing what these beautiful cars seem to be going for lately. Much like how my early Bronco has appreciated in the last few years. Here are a couple pictures I took the last time I looked at the Porsche. The battery was dead so we didn’t move it outside of the garage. I am heading down tomorrow to meet with the seller.
Thanks for the explanation, @Jlini911 . Personally, I think I was just thrown a little bit off as I was personally excited for you, that you found a great car. Now that it's not a find, and it's just getting inputs to help your Father, it changes how I remembered my excitement for you as an enthusiast finding a great 964.

Good luck with the BaT auction! We all know it will fetch a great price as it is indeed a great car.
Old 10-22-2020 | 04:16 PM
walbum
Advanced

I'm not in the market but I live in Pittsburgh and would be willing to help coordinate if needed.
Old 11-19-2020 | 09:34 AM
Gkw619
Rennlist Member

Hey I would love to get some more information on your 964. Is it still available
Old 01-03-2021 | 04:16 PM
2seats
Racer

I’ve read through this thread and it seems like a lot of you guys bought your 964s over 10-15 years ago for 20-35k. Good for you!

I have a 2021 GT4 and some other modern cars.

I need a 964!

I have a left ankle problem so I’ll buy a tip. I know, sacrelidge. Sorry.

Anyway I saw a really clean well maintained car, one owner, 130k miles.

What should i be looking to pay for a 964 tip? It’s hard for me to gauge the market as I don’t see a ton of cars for sale.
sdfolgie (02-06-2021)
Old 01-03-2021 | 06:01 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2seats
I’ve read through this thread and it seems like a lot of you guys bought your 964s over 10-15 years ago for 20-35k. Good for you!

I have a 2021 GT4 and some other modern cars.

I need a 964!

I have a left ankle problem so I’ll buy a tip. I know, sacrelidge. Sorry.

Anyway I saw a really clean well maintained car, one owner, 130k miles.

What should i be looking to pay for a 964 tip? It’s hard for me to gauge the market as I don’t see a ton of cars for sale.
It would help to know the overall cosmetic condition and what maintenance has been done to it over the past 10 years. I would suggest starting a separate thread with more details on the car and maybe include some pictures of the exterior and interior.
Old 01-03-2021 | 10:21 PM
2seats
Racer

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
It would help to know the overall cosmetic condition and what maintenance has been done to it over the past 10 years. I would suggest starting a separate thread with more details on the car and maybe include some pictures of the exterior and interior.
Thank you for the advice. I read more through the 964 for him and got the idea to look at sold prices on bring a trailer. That gave me a general idea of where the market is. I’m hoping that I can get a little bit better deal because I’m looking for a Tiptronic
Old 01-10-2021 | 03:31 PM
9SIX4-C4
Racer

Thoughts on the price analysis? The 964 at #2 didn’t surprise me and amazing how that increase of 72% led to $30-60k prices.

Courtesy of Mavs PCA Slipstream Magazine.
newton982 (02-15-2021)

Quick Reply: 964 Prices