Lindsey racing experience....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 11:59 AM
exp951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
Lart,

USPS isn't convenient for most, but the option should exist for smaller items. I understand UPS costs are their costs of doing business and there is nothing we can do about it.

Lindsey should offer more options for consumers, and if I buy bigger ticket items, the shipping costs would have been a moot point if it was $20-$30 shipping for a $1500 Maf/Turbo, which is heavier/ has more bulk and takes up more space on the plane/truck. Smaller items should be adjusted accordingly to shipping costs.
On your initial post you accused racing of 900% mark up
Old 12-16-2014, 12:08 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by exp951
On your initial post you accused racing of 900% mark up
Correct, USPS 1st class mail 2oz $0.93

I did a usps flat rate priority mail just now. $5.05
Old 12-16-2014, 12:08 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You were made aware of shipping cost, company and speed of service "before" you supplied us with any financial information and completed your check out process. Seems a little misguided to be ranting about it now since you could of put the kabash on the order then. And according to Lart, you were undercharged, not a 900% overcharge.

Merry Christmas everybody at Rennlist! Back to work... Christmas presents to build and ship (with UPS)
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 12-16-2014, 12:21 PM
seattle951
Pro

I have recieved excellent customer service from Lindsey Racing and would recommend them in a heartbeat. Shipping costs are a footnote and are not important to me. LR is always up front with these costs.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:30 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
You were made aware of shipping cost, company and speed of service "before" you supplied us with any financial information and completed your check out process. Seems a little misguided to be ranting about it now since you could of put the kabash on the order then. And according to Lart, you were undercharged, not a 900% overcharge.

Merry Christmas everybody at Rennlist! Back to work... Christmas presents to build and ship (with UPS)
Mike,

Yes, I clicked on the button, no one forced me to purchase your products. Should there be an option to have items shipped via USPS Priority/1st Class Mail, Yes!

I don't shop your site for parts everyday, but when I have to buy 1 or 2 smaller items, shipping costs add up very quickly and likely deter people from purchasing more items on a needed basis.

Your service was fine, ordering on the website was painless, shipping options could be expanded to include USPS mail services that have lower costs, which would drive more business through your doors. My 2cents.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

But we don't offer USPS on our web site. We make that crystal clear by not having an a option for them in the check out process which you went through. They are not a good fit for Lindsey Racing with our products varying shapes and sizes, weights, values, parts completed times, occasional drop ships, etc.

USPS comes at 9am. So any order placed after 9 means it sits for 24 hours before it moves. If it happens to be after 9 on a Friday, it can sit for 3 days before moving. UPS comes at 4:55 and we close at 5. That's perfect for us. We get maximum time to get out maximum orders. Or we drive to the post office, and maybe stand in line. No thanks. We prefer to stay in business by not making stupid business decisions like that one. That's not even talking about the liability you expose yourself to when someone walks out the door on the company clock.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:02 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I love Lindsey Racing, they have gone above and beyond great customer service for me many times in the past. I'll continue to support them, they know how to treat customers, they have great knowledge, and they are plain nice to deal with on the phone or by email.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 for LR, always super nice to talk to and really knowledgeable. Great asset to the community.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:12 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the OP didn't mean to kick the hornet's nest, but perhaps just didn't see the whole forest.

One complication to staying in business for 944s is the consumer base. There is a low cost to entry on these cars - some picked up for hundreds (not thousands) of dollars - and everywhere in between. What is not recognized by the proud new owner is that you need big $$ to keep it on the road, and even more if you can't do a large amount of the work. Total cost of ownership - as defined by purchase price plus all parts, labor, and everything else to keep it going - is not much different over a several year span than just buying a newer 911. The only difference is that the buyer can sort of amortize their way in with small money down, but then get clobbered when they realize what Porsche ownership really costs. So $11 dollars shipping for a handful of bolts seems expensive (and the fact that there are certain Porsche bolts that cost > $40). And this makes it very challenging for the great partners like Lindsey and company to make money. We are lucky to have them - and they are astute enough to stay afloat with a large part of their consumer base looking to trim every dollar out of the transaction, make their own boost enhancer from garage parts, or any number of other ideas. I'm a capitalist - they need and have every right to make a profit, not defined by anyone else, but rather by what they feel makes it worth staying in this business versus entering another.

I would hazard to state that there is not a single veteran member on here that, if they had their money/labor back, could just as easily back a new Porsche off the lot. It's just that some of us have a bad affliction for loving these front-engine rebels, price be damned. I'm fortunate that this is just a toy for me - not transportation that I need. On the flip side, despite my hobby being affordable for me, I still source from a lot different places to get the best deal. I didn't get to this station in life by making bad business transactions If I need a small amount of parts and can get the same price - it's coming from my Porsche dealer where I don't have to pay shipping. A larger order, it's coming from Lindsey, Paragon, Pelican, Renn____, Lart, or any other of our valued partners.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:15 PM
951kaos
Advanced

+1 for Lindsey Racing, great customer service and very knowledgeable and find their shipping to Canada to be very reasonable. Living in Canada you end up paying a lot for shipping to north of the border; and I live within an hour of the border. I do have an issue with companies that offer free shipping to the lower 48 states and charge me almost double the normal shipping cost to Canada. Wonder why trans border postal services are flourishing at US border towns.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:59 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USPS Priority Mail Quote, and that's a normal joe walking through the door. Anyone who does more volume get's a better rate than this below. The option for USPS calculated on their website was I believe for overnight mail ~$30. There needs to be an option for USPS priority mail on their website.
No, they do not. USPS is not a private entity playing in the competitive marketplace. They are a GBE, and as such do things a bit differently. UPS and FedEx both give discounts to volume sellers - USPS does not. I'm a small business owner, I ship stuff every day. I avoid USPS except in extremely few cases (Amazon sales of one item, as Amazon makes me charge a flat rate by weight for shipping).

USPS is horribly inconvenient. Dealing with USPS takes much more time. Do you think that the time a vendor spends holds no value? Setting up an entirely new and unique shipping system for 1% of your customers is not worth the cost of doing so, and forcing that cost onto the other 99% of your customers is bad business.

Sheesh, even at minimum wage, you have singlehandedly wasted well over the $6 you are whining about given the time spent by all of the people telling you how unreasonable (and wrong) you are.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:44 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USPS=Big Government = Lazy= Bankrupt= Suck
Old 12-16-2014, 04:13 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Why should it matter if it's a porsche washer or a kia washer? How does the brand of car parts dictate shipping costs if all things are equal?
It matters because a Porsche washer will always cost more than a Kia washer. If you have not figured this out by now, as stated, you own the wrong brand of car. This is not KIA. You pay for the brand every time you purchase something so get used to paying more. $11 barely gets you anything on these cars. If such an amount is an issue for you, save yourself and everyone else here some grief.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:17 PM
LUCKY DAVE
Racer

Location: Encinitas, ca PCA National DE instructor PCA San Diego chief driving instructor
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't say enough good about Lindsey.
Not only have I been satisfied with every single thing I have purchased over the years (and there have been many), but Dave and Mike will take all day to listen to my stupid questions over the phone. And they actually know the answers!
Try that at FLD (friendly local dealer) where they treat 951's as unwholesome cousins.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Why should it matter if it's a porsche washer or a kia washer? How does the brand of car parts dictate shipping costs if all things are equal?
I agree 100%, but this is unrelated to the topic of shipping costs.

Quick Reply: Lindsey racing experience....