Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey racing experience....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 03:32 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
there is a failure to disclose other shipping venues which constitute a shipping overcharge.
There is no requirement to disclose, so there can be no failure.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:36 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I do believe that. When that same feature is offered via phone and they have the ability to use that function in their everyday business via online, there is a failure to disclose other shipping venues which constitute a shipping overcharge.
Your problem is that you assumed that they were trying to screw you with shipping prices. In reality, their web system is configured to just use UPS for reasons of reliability. You could have, instead of assuming they were trying to screw you, picked up the phone and asked if they can offer a cheaper shipping option for such a small item.

A moderator should close this thread ... the horse is dead and the message from Lindsey Racing explaining their shipping options is getting lost.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:38 PM
zeusrotty
Pro

I think it's sad that you've spent all of this time and effort bashing a legit contributer to our community all for a few dollars. You must not get the trials and tribulations of running a business... This is silly at best.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:43 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zeusrotty
I think it's sad that you've spent all of this time and effort bashing a legit contributer to our community all for a few dollars. You must not get the trials and tribulations of running a business... This is silly at best.
Yup thread is closed in my mind, I'm all done beating the dead horse.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:56 PM
H.F.B.
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Yup thread is closed, all done.
I suggest closing this senseless thread, there seems to be someone who always wants to have the final word.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:16 PM
exp951
Rennlist Member

So I needed a banjo bolt and 2 new copper crush washers for my 951 intake and found Lindsey had them stocked.

$12 for the 2port banjo bolt and $1/ea. for the copper crush washers, price is right for me.

$11.15 shipping for a 2oz bag, outrageous!!! UPS shipping ground to boot, not a priority overnight shipment.

I ship out plenty of stuff and I have never bamboozled people for 900% markup, c'mon Linsdey Racing.

Treat people right, and they tell 2 people. Treat people wrong, they tell 10 people about their negative experience.

Just blows my mind still.

Sorry about the rant, but this is why I try to buy used off forums and keep the regular folks going, and not feed the machine.
Is it hard to say "I am sorry I made a mistake"? in your initial post you accused/slandered LR of profiting by marking up 900%, man up and apologized, no one overcharged, no one profited 900%, no one can force LR to ship USPS you had an option to buy if you thought it was too much you could have opted not to purchase. Man up say sorry have some dignity.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:03 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote from your Pelican whine:

"Yeah, i'm in a foul mood tonight for sure. Gotta get a grip and move on."

Take your own advice and stop crying over $11 lousy bucks. Seriously, spend another $1 on a Newspaper and read what else is happening in the world. Sheesh.....
Old 12-17-2014, 07:23 PM
944hal
Pro

To be honest, I haven't read this thread completely thorough. I get bent when I think a vender is jacking up shipping. However, as far as Lindsey is concerned, I've ordered parts from them on many occasions. Discounting shipping costs, their CS is first class. Almost every order I placed, I got a call making sure my order was correct, or informing me of any delays. In my opinion, they do a great job. You can't satisfy everyone.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by exp951
Is it hard to say "I am sorry I made a mistake"? in your initial post you accused/slandered LR of profiting by marking up 900%, man up and apologized, no one overcharged, no one profited 900%, no one can force LR to ship USPS you had an option to buy if you thought it was too much you could have opted not to purchase. Man up say sorry have some dignity.
Indeed, Man up!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:20 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

All this for $11. All you've done OP is to alienate a supplier you may have needed one day.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:45 AM
fiily
Pro

I will apologize publicly.

My thoughts and actions are my own, I take full responsibility for them. I was put-off, and my belief was and still is shipping pricing are expensive for what I purchased.

I do hope Lindsey takes my advice, and offers cheaper options for smaller items online.

Lindsey offers great services, parts and support for the porsche community as you all do, and I hope they can see through my rant, to continue offering the aforementioned benefits to all porsche enthusiasts.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:31 PM
exp951
Rennlist Member

I will apologize publicly.

My thoughts and actions are my own, I take full responsibility for them. I was put-off, and my belief was and still is shipping pricing are expensive for what I purchased.

I do hope Lindsey takes my advice, and offers cheaper options for smaller items online.

Lindsey offers great services, parts and support for the porsche community as you all do, and I hope they can see through my rant, to continue offering the aforementioned benefits to all porsche enthusiasts.

Is that a Timothy Mcveigh's style apology?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:49 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by exp951
Is that a Timothy Mcveigh's style apology?
What is a Timothy Mcveigh apology? Before my time Sir.

Troll away.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is a Timothy Mcveigh apology? Before my time Sir.

Troll away.
well..not before your time unless you are in highschool....ever heard of the Oklahoma city bombing that killed over 150 people? The largest act of terrorism on US soil ever until 9/11? It happened in 1995. He survived the bombing to be tried in court and eventually executed. He "apologized" for his crimes on the stand...but not really.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
well..not before your time unless you are in highschool....ever heard of the Oklahoma city bombing that killed over 150 people? The largest act of terrorism on US soil ever until 9/11? It happened in 1995. He survived the bombing to be tried in court and eventually executed. He "apologized" for his crimes on the stand...but not really.
Understood.

My apologies then. He asked for an apology, so I gave this forum my apology. If it doesn't ring honest with people, that's fine. I cannot help someone's inability to accept it and continue forward.

Quick Reply: Lindsey racing experience....