Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I think you might get a little better response if you tell us what your goal is. Are you fixing the wreck, parting it out or just stock piling parts?

I would toss out a spindle with caliper mounts that have been helicoiled - it's junk.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris White
I think you might get a little better response if you tell us what your goal is. Are you fixing the wreck, parting it out or just stock piling parts?

I would toss out a spindle with caliper mounts that have been helicoiled - it's junk.
He is moving the whole drivetrain to another 951 shell
Old 05-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry if that sounded mean. You've ignored advice from some of the guys on here that know their stuff. I just cant figure out where you're going with this thread. You've asked questions about removing struts, removing brakes, etc. Autozone doesn't rent tools. They loan them. This car is way creamed, and you're using cardboard to "level" it. The whole body is WAY tweaked and you are apparently trying to fix it. If you're crazy enough to remove the rear suspension, the holes will probably never line up again.

What IS your plan with this thing?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Chris gave you the best advise about the proper way to put that car on stands, because if anyone knows about putting things on stands is Chris, right Chris?

J/k
Old 05-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by lart951
Chris gave you the best advise about the proper way to put that car on stands, because if anyone knows about putting things on stands is Chris, right Chris?

J/k
Yes, over the years I have become adverse to large things attempting to squish me.

As for the proper way to take a car apart I will yield to Larts vast canabalistic experience!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, over the years I have become adverse to large things attempting to squish me.

As for the proper way to take a car apart I will yield to Larts vast canabalistic experience!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
cvriv.charles
Instructor

What makes you think I stripped the bolt? I mean I didn't even know how to get the brakes off so how would I know how to get them on, stripping the bolt in the process? Maybe I did it while trying to get if off? But there's a helicoil there which tells me whoever installed the brakes had a problem. But! The trailing arm is aluminum! So.... I don't know how that bolt was stripped. This why I don't let anyone work on my car. Because you end up finding weird stuff like this. This is why I won't just buy another951. Because atleast this way I can fix crap like this.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cvriv.charles
But there's a helicoil there which tells me whoever installed the brakes had a problem.
A mental problem. That's scary.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
cvriv.charles
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tedro951
I'm sorry if that sounded mean. You've ignored advice from some of the guys on here that know their stuff. I just cant figure out where you're going with this thread. You've asked questions about removing struts, removing brakes, etc. Autozone doesn't rent tools. They loan them. This car is way creamed, and you're using cardboard to "level" it. The whole body is WAY tweaked and you are apparently trying to fix it. If you're crazy enough to remove the rear suspension, the holes will probably never line up again.

What IS your plan with this thing?
Maybe you should just keep following this thread. Forget about my car jacking methods. If that's the way I want to do it despite the advice given, that's my problem. Time to focus on the car. I'm moving everything that's good over to a new shell.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

would you consider selling the front bumper, nose panel and headlight covers? it appears to be the same color as my car.
cvriv.charles
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
A mental problem. That's scary.
No doubt. When I went to remove the bolt, spitting on the wrench would of been enough to loosen it.
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cvriv.charles
What makes you think I stripped the bolt? I mean I didn't even know how to get the brakes off so how would I know how to get them on, stripping the bolt in the process? Maybe I did it while trying to get if off? But there's a helicoil there which tells me whoever installed the brakes had a problem. But! The trailing arm is aluminum! So.... I don't know how that bolt was stripped. This why I don't let anyone work on my car. Because you end up finding weird stuff like this. This is why I won't just buy another951. Because atleast this way I can fix crap like this.
I think you can fix that car with lot's of bondo and jb weld you can have running in no time, it's possible check this out, from a listers car Odurandurina he is on the 968 forum

or if you decided to be practical with a reciprocal saw you might have something like this

Old 05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
cvriv.charles
Instructor

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
would you consider selling the front bumper, nose panel and headlight covers? it appears to be the same color as my car.
No. Everything you mentioned is in good condition. I'm keeping them.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Last peice of advise before I give up -

righty tighty - lefty loosy

good luck!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:05 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Last peice of advise before I give up -

righty tighty - lefty loosy

good luck!
Rolfmao , that is the purest form of sarcasm that I have ever seen.

Quick Reply: CVRIV's Project 951